HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semmy instead of Bergy tomorrow

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 09:17 PM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Back on the thread topic, I thought Semenov played fairly well - certainly no worse than Bergeron has been. For all the detractors Cross has, he played an extremely good game tonight too, he ran Forsberg off the puck a couple of times (and he ran him down twice as well), which is never easy to do; the goal was a nice bonus. Staios was probably the best player on the ice for either team, Brewer had some good checks, and Fergie made some nice plays (and no bad ones, I think). Smith had a good hit on Kariya and very few mistakes (any?).. all in all, a solid game by the D.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bergeron and Semi alternate, based on what I saw tonight, and Semi certainly deserves some consideration.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:17 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
Oh yes, thank you for reminding me why I stopped reading online forums. "We pay so any lousy behaviour on our part is excused."

Right.

Notice how the highly respected people here, such as lowetide, jimharnock, and GuyF, never result to name calling.

Now consider some of the reasons *why* they may be highly respected.
I apoligize on his behalf for not wanting to make internet message boards his life...

Old
10-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Cerebral

I thought Ferguson had a really strong game as well! He would have had a goal if it wasn't for a superb defensive effort by Hinote.. Semenov looked pretty good out there IMO. He used his big body very well in a few circumstances and blocked the Avs forwards on the boards quite a bit.. I personally think he should be playing his way out of a spot, not playing his way into one.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:46 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
Back on the thread topic, I thought Semenov played fairly well - certainly no worse than Bergeron has been. For all the detractors Cross has, he played an extremely good game tonight too, he ran Forsberg off the puck a couple of times (and he ran him down twice as well), which is never easy to do; the goal was a nice bonus. Staios was probably the best player on the ice for either team, Brewer had some good checks, and Fergie made some nice plays (and no bad ones, I think). Smith had a good hit on Kariya and very few mistakes (any?).. all in all, a solid game by the D.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bergeron and Semi alternate, based on what I saw tonight, and Semi certainly deserves some consideration.
Cross was still our weakest defensman in the game (Semenov maybe is close to that too, but stepping in against the Avs after sitting four games is hard on a vet, much less a youngster). I mean his goal was a lucky deflection (but in his defense, he did ring the cross bar the shot before). All in all nobody played BAD, but I think Bergeron instead of Cross is what our defense should be.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:29 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
If he's struggling fine. If not what message does that send him.
Work harder. Be better.

?

Old
10-18-2003, 10:32 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Now that we have kicked Colorado and the D played well what happens next game.
Do we stay the same or does MAB get back in and if so who sits?

Old
10-18-2003, 10:36 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar
Now that we have kicked Colorado and the D played well what happens next game.
Do we stay the same or does MAB get back in and if so who sits?
It was said on the broadcast that both of these guys were in the plans for this season. MacT doesn't want either of these two players become rusty for the season. So I would assume Semenov would get the next couple of games.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:39 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
It was said on the broadcast that both of these guys were in the plans for this season. MacT doesn't want either of these two players become rusty for the season. So I would assume Semenov would get the next couple of games.
Or in the best case scenerio - Cross would come out and both of these great youngsters would be in!

Closed Thread