HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kondratiev Sent To Hartford

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2005, 05:48 PM
  #26
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The rebuild has come to end.

What a joke sending him down, he was playing fine, yes making ROOKIE mistakes but he was learning. He already leaft the AHL once to play in harder competition, now they send him there again. It better be just for the weekend.
Are you serious? The kid was so over matched it hurt to watch. All for the rebuild but let him get his game back in the AHL. The same guy ran from playing in AHL last to go to Russia to play vs better teams well i think it hurt more then helped

Dagoon44 is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 06:39 PM
  #27
frohli44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
well are we going to be bringing anybody up?

frohli44 is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 07:06 PM
  #28
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
On one hand, you want to say good becuase at least now he will have regular playing time. On the other hand, this makes me scratch my head. Unless this is a very short-term move, why send him down? Is it becuase Rozsival has a golden Jagr pass that prevents him from not dressing? Poti has played better of late, but still cannot stop himself from taking dumb penalties. The obstruction twins of Malik and Roszival can seemingly be penciled in for two lazy penalties a night. I thought that Drats has been better than Tyutin lately. Is this done just so that Strudwick can easier get into the lineup?
The move is good because again its about accountabilty. The guy has played in 28 of 37 games so the whole "he needs playing time argument" is out the window. The guy has been the Rangers worst defenseman over the last month. He gives the puck away and is playing scared. Rozsvial sucks no doubt about it but the "golden pass" from Jagr comment is complete BS.

If this done so Strudwick can get into the lineup than good. Let Drats learn from his mistakes in Hartford and come back up when he is ready. Strudwick is right now the Rangers third best d-man (in my opinion) and should be dressing everygame. This move makes sense and ~gasp~ screams of rebuilding and accountabilty something you have cried for years about.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 08:32 PM
  #29
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
The guy was struggling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The rebuild has come to end.

What a joke sending him down, he was playing fine, yes making ROOKIE mistakes but he was learning. He already leaft the AHL once to play in harder competition, now they send him there again. It better be just for the weekend.
He stunk up the ice in Ottawa. His play has been a tad too slow for the NHL level. Nothing wrong with sending him down and getting his game squared away. If Mickey Mantle could get sent down, Max Kondratiev can.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
  #30
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
If Mickey Mantle could get sent down, Max Kondratiev can.
The point is that Kondratiev's play has still been no worse than Rozsval's. Has Malik set the world on fire? I would argue that those two have been our worst defensemen over the last month. IMO, in Drats last 5 games played or so, he has been better than Tyutin.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 11:06 PM
  #31
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers should bring up Lampman. He can help this team.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 11:22 PM
  #32
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Rangers should bring up Lampman. He can help this team.
Really? Before you throw out the name of your favorite minor-leaguer, you might want to check the box score. And after that you might want to check and see who is injured.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 04:45 PM
  #33
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Rozsvial sucks no doubt about it but the "golden pass" from Jagr comment is complete BS.
Not really. I consider Rozsival to be the worst Ranger defenseman. He makes too many mistakes and takes too many penalties. His performance has been worse than that of Kondratiev. However, it is not him that gets sat. It is Poti. Or Drats (now demoted). I believe that his Jagr golden pass is what keeps him from being benched. If not, then how do you explain that he has yet to be scratched, despite play that has at times been on par with Poti's poor play and a notch below that of Drats?

"This move makes sense and ~gasp~ screams of rebuilding and accountabilty something you have cried for years about."

Demoting a deserving rookie so that an undeserving vet can stay in the line-up screams of rebuilding? How?
I will admit that Renney has held more players accountable for their actions then has been seen around these parts since 1994. However, is it merely a coincidence that none of the players that were made examples of have been one of Jagr's new Czech posse? Has Rozsival not deserved to be benched? I like that Renney has shown that he is not afraid of holding players accountable, but accountability has to be for the entire team. Let's see him hold one of friends of the teams star accoutable. Starting with Rozsival, whom you acknowledge has been poor.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 05:01 PM
  #34
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Roszival is a +11 this season, which leads the team. IMO the "Roszival sucks" stuff is a little far fetched. At this point I would play him over Max.

HAPPY HOUR is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 05:33 PM
  #35
TheZherdev
Registered User
 
TheZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour
Roszival is a +11 this season, which leads the team. IMO the "Roszival sucks" stuff is a little far fetched. At this point I would play him over Max.
agreed.

TheZherdev is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 05:53 PM
  #36
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The rebuild has come to end.

What a joke sending him down, he was playing fine, yes making ROOKIE mistakes but he was learning. He already leaft the AHL once to play in harder competition, now they send him there again. It better be just for the weekend.
Yes, our future is over without Kondratiev.

If "fine" means atrocious, you're right. He keeps ****ing up, and rather than give him a 4-5 game benching, why not have him at least play. It's like rookies van do no wrong around here... he might be inexperienced, but he's playing bad even for a rookie. Tyutin's game is even a notch above Drats right now.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 05:58 PM
  #37
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272
get poti outta here and ill be thrilled.
Hmm... so you want to **** up the chemistry and get rid of our best d-man right now?

Let's deal Nylander also, you guys would be all for that right?

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 06:07 PM
  #38
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Yes, our future is over without Kondratiev.

If "fine" means atrocious, you're right. He keeps ****ing up, and rather than give him a 4-5 game benching, why not have him at least play. It's like rookies van do no wrong around here... he might be inexperienced, but he's playing bad even for a rookie. Tyutin's game is even a notch above Drats right now.

Finally someone else sees it.



FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 06:08 PM
  #39
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
In answer to your question, let me ask you one

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
The point is that Kondratiev's play has still been no worse than Rozsval's. Has Malik set the world on fire? I would argue that those two have been our worst defensemen over the last month. IMO, in Drats last 5 games played or so, he has been better than Tyutin.
Do you believe that Kondratiev can be a better defenseman than Rozival? If you anwser yes, do you not think that he can still learn? That he can advance his game? Why would you want him to struggle in a venue where it counts? Is it not better to get instruction away from the glare?
As far as Malik goes, many unestimate his game. Just because he is not the prototypical bashing dman. He serves his purpose well. It it obvious that he has helped tremendously on the PK. If you recall we sucked and sucked badly the last 7 years. The change comes from somewhere. Or does it occur just out of thin air like Lundqvist and Prucha have?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 06:16 PM
  #40
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Hmm... so you want to **** up the chemistry and get rid of our best d-man right now?

Let's deal Nylander also, you guys would be all for that right?
I'd love it. Get Nylander, Poti, and Rucchin outta here

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 06:17 PM
  #41
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
And the sky opened up and turned red. And The Lord smote every man who sacraficed the career of his son Maxim. And the sea's began to burn with the anger of the masses and the land cracked under the pressure of a Ranger rebuild and our Lord and Savior Glenn Christ decried that the time of rebuilding was now over. And it was so.

Then he unlocked the seventh seal and behold it was a bald headed Messier riding atop a punch buggey driven by Adam Graves. And low on to the man that dare speaketh ill of these things, for The Lord Sather giveth and the Lord Sather taketh away.

Okay now that-that is out of the way, let's calm down give the kid a chance to get some minutes and work out the kinks and wait more than 6 and 1/2 minutes before we decree the end of the rebuild and the unfairness of a team who is somehow doing everything wrong but still has two kids in the running for the calder.

Let's just wait and see......

Edge is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 06:45 PM
  #42
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Do you believe that Kondratiev can be a better defenseman than Rozival? If you anwser yes, do you not think that he can still learn? That he can advance his game? Why would you want him to struggle in a venue where it counts? Is it not better to get instruction away from the glare?
First off, you have not answered the question. You simply asked another. However, despite the lack of response to mine, I will answer yours. I believe that Drats is better than Rozsival already. Off course he can still learn and advance his game. But I believe that he can accomplish those things at the NHL level. Like Prucha before him, I think that Drats can grow playing with the Rangers. You mention him struggling, but let's call a spade a spade here. Prior to the Tyutin's las game vs. the Isles game and Drats' game against the Sens, it has been Drats that has shown progress since the beginning of the year. Kondtatiev's game has been better than Tyutin's over the last month or so. You mention him struggling, but his game has still been heads and shoulders better than that of Rozsival, who has been the Rangers worst defenseman since the beginning of the year.


"As far as Malik goes, many unestimate his game. Just because he is not the prototypical bashing dman. He serves his purpose well. It it obvious that he has helped tremendously on the PK. If you recall we sucked and sucked badly the last 7 years. The change comes from somewhere. Or does it occur just out of thin air like Lundqvist and Prucha have?"

There is nothing to undersestimate here. The reason for the great PK are the goalies and the likes of Betts, Ward, Moore & Ortmeyer. Not the defensemen. That is where the change came from. The Rangers have not recieved goaltending like the are now, in the past 7 years. Nor have they had forwards actually excel in the own end, not just look to play in the other end.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 06:47 PM
  #43
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Okay now that-that is out of the way, let's calm down give the kid a chance to get some minutes and work out the kinks and wait more than 6 and 1/2 minutes before we decree the end of the rebuild and the unfairness of a team who is somehow doing everything wrong but still has two kids in the running for the calder.
Edge,
I am not saying that the world is at an end. Simply that Kondratiev's game has been better than Tyutin's and better than Rozsival's. But, IMO, Rozsival gets a pass due to Jagr. Thus, the wrong defensemen got pushed out of the lineup. I am not against Kondratiev working out his game. But the fact is, he did not deserve to be bumped out of the top 6.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 06:56 PM
  #44
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Edge,
I am not saying that the world is at an end. Simply that Kondratiev's game has been better than Tyutin's and better than Rozsival's. But, IMO, Rozsival gets a pass due to Jagr. Thus, the wrong defensemen got pushed out of the lineup. I am not against Kondratiev working out his game. But the fact is, he did not deserve to be bumped out of the top 6.
That's where I diagree. Both Kondratiev and Rozsival have been inconsistent and shakey.

The difference between the two is that Kondratiev can go to hartford, play 20-25 minutes and get some confidence back and work out the kinks.

Rozsival can't and even if he did, Kondratiev still wouldn't be able to get the ice time he'd need to do the move justice.

Does Rozsival get a pass? Somewhat, but that one element, however minor, that he brings to the table is still something.

Now if Kondratiev was really impressing me, I'd be upset about the move. But he's not and this move is not going to hurt him. Both these guys were pretty close in their unimpressive play, Kondratiev however benefits the most from the move.

Let's be honest, if they sent Rozsival down and gave him 25 minutes there'd be complaints about that. We didn't trade Kondratiev, we sent him to our farm team. He's 23 years old and has been struggling at times, I just don't see this as a bad move considering the current state of the team and the alternatives.

Edge is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 07:01 PM
  #45
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,672
vCash: 500
You know, after watching Tyutin's game last night, I wonder if 'Drats' demotion was also slightly aimed at Fedor. I don't know how close the two of them are, but, maybe, it could have been used to light a fire under him.

jas is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 07:10 PM
  #46
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
You know, after watching Tyutin's game last night, I wonder if 'Drats' demotion was also slightly aimed at Fedor. I don't know how close the two of them are, but, maybe, it could have been used to light a fire under him.
Well Kondratiev and Tyutin have been the opposite of Prucha and Lundqvist in that sense.


Both seem to be sleepwalking around this season whereas Prucha and Lundqvist are like a wake up pill for this squad.

Edge is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 07:17 PM
  #47
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
STOP. hahahaha. The rebuild has come to an end. hahahaha. LMAO. That's silly. Because they sent one young player to make allow for another young player to play more? Come on. You act like they just traded Prucha and Ortmeyer for Doug Weight. We don't need him right now. He isn't playing that well. THe rest of the defense is. Who are they going to send down? Tom Poti? That's not going to happen especially if they are trying to trade him. And he was the only one that did not have to pass through wavers.

Glenn Sather: "Welp. I think we rebuilt enough. Let's tear the team apart again." I mean. Doesn't that sound silly to you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The rebuild has come to end.

What a joke sending him down, he was playing fine, yes making ROOKIE mistakes but he was learning. He already leaft the AHL once to play in harder competition, now they send him there again. It better be just for the weekend.

King Nothing* is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 07:19 PM
  #48
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
The point is that Kondratiev's play has still been no worse than Rozsval's. Has Malik set the world on fire? I would argue that those two have been our worst defensemen over the last month. IMO, in Drats last 5 games played or so, he has been better than Tyutin.
What are you talking about? The defense is fine with Rozsival and Malik. What are you going to do with them? Send them to the minors? Smarten' up. YOu know that can't happen. hahahaha. He was aweful the other night. It's about accountability. That's all. Believe me. They know what they're doing. That's why they are running the team and we are watching it on TV.

King Nothing* is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
  #49
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Malik and Kaspar have been excellent all season... Poti was bad until circa game 15... Rozsival was great, and has lagged a little recently, but he's still solid... Strudwick is Most Valuable 7th D-man for '05... Tyutin and Drats have absolutely sucked all season, I don't care if they're rookies. Drats is scared out of his wits and Tyutin seemed to turn into stereotypical lazy Russian kid out of nowhere.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 10:04 PM
  #50
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Not really. I consider Rozsival to be the worst Ranger defenseman. He makes too many mistakes and takes too many penalties. His performance has been worse than that of Kondratiev. However, it is not him that gets sat. It is Poti. Or Drats (now demoted). I believe that his Jagr golden pass is what keeps him from being benched. If not, then how do you explain that he has yet to be scratched, despite play that has at times been on par with Poti's poor play and a notch below that of Drats?

"This move makes sense and ~gasp~ screams of rebuilding and accountabilty something you have cried for years about."

Demoting a deserving rookie so that an undeserving vet can stay in the line-up screams of rebuilding? How?
I will admit that Renney has held more players accountable for their actions then has been seen around these parts since 1994. However, is it merely a coincidence that none of the players that were made examples of have been one of Jagr's new Czech posse? Has Rozsival not deserved to be benched? I like that Renney has shown that he is not afraid of holding players accountable, but accountability has to be for the entire team. Let's see him hold one of friends of the teams star accoutable. Starting with Rozsival, whom you acknowledge has been poor.
Thats great you consider Rozsvial our worst defensman but it doesn't mean the Rangers do.
Honestly TB what are the Rangers supposed to do with Drats. U act as if the Rangers are not rebuilding and they cut Drats to sign Larry Murphy.

Of course Rozsvial has deserved to be benched but this isn't a reason to believe it has anything to do with Jagr. Isn't it a bit small minded to suggest country of origin has anything to do with who plays and who sits?

Jagr is your new Messier.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.