HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official "NO MORE GAMEDAY THREAD" Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2003, 04:05 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Rooch and Vinny are having a decent second period, yes?

Old
10-19-2003, 04:33 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
good to see your boys waking up tonight!!!!

finally some points for the money you guys spent for the two new boys...

Old
10-19-2003, 04:57 PM
IGM

ALRIGHT! Two points EACH for Feds and Prospal!

They will have to keep Prospal with Feds in order for this to work but AT LEAST they have started looking alright together. THE JINX HAS ENDED! THE DUCKS ARE BACK ON TRACK FOR THE CUP!!!!!

Yawn.

Old
10-19-2003, 05:35 PM
wabwat

DOH...

gotta watch out for Knuble and the bruins in the third period!

Old
10-19-2003, 05:41 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

2 comeback wins in a row by Boston. Losing the lead at the end like that hurts...I could care less about Boston getting the extra point in overtime though.

Take our first point of the season and go to San Jose and get our first win.

Nice to see Prospal and Federov contribute.

Nice pass by Lupul on the first Rucchin goal!!

Old
10-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Ducksfan2035

Send a message via AIM to Ducksfan2035
looked like they played a great game and they got some goals and great game by rucchin and prospal but they should had this one wit a 2 goal lead and u dont leave a bruins player coming off the bench all alone and score like that,hopefully its a start and some confidence into their systems..

Old
10-19-2003, 07:10 PM
lux_interior

I just got back from the game. Better game by the boys. But there were a lot of missed opportunities. Fedorov came down the right wing late in the third and missed the net on the far side by a good 3 feet. I think McDonald missed the net by that much late in the third or in OT.

The refs put away their whistles in OT, despite Boston cross checking someone in front of the Ducks net. Then the Bruins go to the other end and score the game-winner.

A frustrating game, I must admit. They played well enough to win, but somehow managed to screw it up.

What the hell got into Boynton, with Salei's boarding of Thornton? It wasn't really all that bad of a boarding. I guess Joe is their Captain. But I've seen MUCH worse boarding penalties. Boynton got hit with an instigator penalty. Negated what was to be a Boston PP. But then the refs bailed them out.

Prospal looked better tonight. McDonald was good. Smirnov was so-so. Fedorov was one of the Ducks best forwards. Rucchin, obviously, looked good. I still can't believe how often Ozolinsh pinches or joins the rush. And I must say, Vishnevsky played well defensively, except on a couple plays. He still doesn't look comfortable handling the puck.

Old
10-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

nice to see scoring lol. can anybody tell me how the lines were and how they did? Lupul sounds like he had another great game, while chisov stil is invisible.

Old
10-19-2003, 07:46 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269
nice to see scoring lol. can anybody tell me how the lines were and how they did? Lupul sounds like he had another great game, while chisov stil is invisible.
As usual they mixed up the lines frequently. But if I remember correctly the most common pairings were:

Neidermayer-Rucchin-Prospal

McDonald-Fedorov-Sykora

Lupul-Pahlsson-Chistov

Smirnov-Krog-Johnson

I wouldn't say Chistov was invisible.

Old
10-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Lines were Mac-Fedorov-Sykora, Prospal-Rooch-Niedermayer, Chistov-Pahlsson-Lupul, Krog-Johnson-Smirnov

The top line had some nice chances to night, they were able to establish the cycle, a lot of that is due to Andy Mac playing with wild abandon and forcing turnovers. He could've had two goals tonight. Sykora didn't do much.

The second line was used as the stopper line, and they did a good job. Knuble's first goal came on a bad line change. The B's top line did some nice work along the boards, and had a couple flurries, but for the most part Rooch and co. kept them bottled up.

The third line looked really good, again, and didn't convert anything, again. Lupul is greasy and talented, made a sweet long pass to Rooch on the power play goal, but he's taking too long to get set for his shots, so he's losing the puck more often than not. Chistov looked good tonight. Confident. Pahlsson will never score another goal. Ever.

The fourth line was the fourth line. No biggie.

Jiggy was okay. Knuble's second goal to tie the game was weak IMO, Jiggy's stick hand just looks slow to me, and he seems vulnerable to high shots.

I thought Vish looked good tonight, and Sauer was impressive too in his rather uninspiring way. Ozolinsh was less stupid, but still stupid. He did create quite a few offensive opportunities. Salei was pretty physical, and tonight was the first time I actually noticed Simpson playing hockey, and he was...adequate. If he's gonna be a tough guy, he should do it in front of the net.

Old
10-19-2003, 08:12 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Sykora didn't do much.
Not true. I counted three unscreened, bad angle weak wrist shots from just inside the blue line that Raycroft snared with no problem.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Snap Wilson

Agree with Booger on everything except Jiggy looking "okay." He looked mighty shaky to me all night. Poor positioning, slow to react, committing too early way too much tonight.

I'll give our team this: they're the best 0-4-0-1 team I've ever seen. Which still ain't good.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:40 AM
Hank

Quote:
Sauer was impressive too in his rather uninspiring way.
Sauer was a turn-over machine... he connected on more passes to Bruins than he did to Ducks.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:46 AM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
The fourth line was the fourth line. No biggie.
Jiggy was okay. Knuble's second goal to tie the game was weak IMO, Jiggy's stick hand just looks slow to me, and he seems vulnerable to high shots.
I thought Vish looked good tonight, and Sauer was impressive too in his rather uninspiring way. Ozolinsh was less stupid, but still stupid. He did create quite a few offensive opportunities. Salei was pretty physical, and tonight was the first time I actually noticed Simpson playing hockey, and he was...adequate. If he's gonna be a tough guy, he should do it in front of the net.
Agreed... Jiggy looked really bad.. i think he allowed 2 soft goals.. made me mad..
The Ducks had a 3-1 lead over Boston.. WTF.. oh well..
4th line looked pretty good and they got a good amount of ice time.. glad the 2nd line produced.. well it's a learning experience.. now we know our guys can score.. and looks like they are starting to click with one another.. let's see how things go for the next game..

Old
10-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Sauer was a turn-over machine... he connected on more passes to Bruins than he did to Ducks.
Right, but they weren't backhand passes up the middle, so that's improvement. Things are looking up.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:11 AM
lux_interior

I felt like Ozolinsh should at least get the second assist on the Bruins first goal. A beauty pass right on the Bruin's players tape.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:31 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by soya_sauce_chicken
Agreed... Jiggy looked really bad.. i think he allowed 2 soft goals.. made me mad..
The Ducks had a 3-1 lead over Boston.. WTF.. oh well..
4th line looked pretty good and they got a good amount of ice time.. glad the 2nd line produced.. well it's a learning experience.. now we know our guys can score.. and looks like they are starting to click with one another.. let's see how things go for the next game..

I know the feeling the Kings had a 3-0 lead and blew it....definatley a piss off!!!

Old
10-20-2003, 10:40 AM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
I know the feeling the Kings had a 3-0 lead and blew it....definatley a piss off!!!
yea.. i saw that.. either Boston looks like the real deal or both our respected teams played lousy after thinking we had it in the bag..

Old
10-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Hockeyfan02

Feels like November/December last year. Playing well enough to win, but blowing the lead late and losing. Ugh! This is frustrating! I think we'll get our first win this week, sooner than later and get on a roll.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:33 PM
wabwat

Quote:
yea.. i saw that.. either Boston looks like the real deal or both our respected teams played lousy after thinking we had it in the bag..
all of the above!

Old
10-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

The only reason LA had that early lead was because of 7 first period PPs. Whenever the sides were even the Kings were simply dominated. They didnt have a shot on net for the last 30 mins of the game.....no exagerration.

Old
10-20-2003, 03:20 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
I would say the latter. I don't think there's going to be any parades in Boston in June, unless it's for the Celtics. Well, like I was saying, I don't think there's going....

Old
10-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
I felt like Ozolinsh should at least get the second assist on the Bruins first goal. A beauty pass right on the Bruin's players tape.
That was Sauer, not Ozo.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Sounds like were playing better, Jiggy needs to definately step it up, sykora has been extremely dissapointing IMO. anybody think we should put him with prospal? or somethin just to light a spark under him. Good to hear Vish has been playing better. I think he will impress more and more now that he knows he could be traded soon.

oh and one more thing, does anybody else think we should try the game thread again, i personally dont like having to push last page and scroll back through the pages to see the last post i read. just a thought but id like to see some post where we can talk about only the sharks game, hell call it no game thread or whatever u want. just a new topic where i can go right to the talk about the Sharks game.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:18 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
That was Sauer, not Ozo.
Ooops...well one of those defense-thinger-guys. It was amazing that an NHL defenseman would throw it right up the middle like that. It's like something from the league I play in.

Closed Thread