HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL VII

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2016, 09:09 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
Well then every player should be suspended when the mics pic up them dropping f-bombs in the box. Had the internet not existed and a gif of the incident not gone viral, this would be a non story.

And yet, a guy like Bellemare, who drove a player's head into the boards gets the same punishment as someone who said something out of anger. I'm sorry, I just can't accept that logic.

The NHL should be more concerned about player safety than what is said on the ice. Burrows made fun of Tootoo's alcoholism and O'Sullivan's dad beating his kid like a dog, but the NHL didn't do anything in either of those cases, both of which are worse than what Shaw said. This is selective punishment for PR points. I guess we need to suspend every player who says the p word to another player too for fear of insulting women.

No, I am not Trump voter, i just have common sense. Actions should punished more severely than words and if we are going to start punishing words, we need to punish all words that are even mildly offensive. I don't agree with that he said, but to suspend him for a playoff game? Crazy.
Honestly, do you think dropping an F bomb is the same as being homophobic.

If my contractors are working on the sales floor and they drop an F bomb, I have to apologize for them and I probably have to give them an actually HR warning. If my guy calls someone a *** or any racists or bigoted type name, I'll have to immediately walk them out.

The 2 things aren't close to the same.

When you are an owner of a company or a senior leader, the brand image of your company is one of the most important things. You can't have employees tarnishing that image by singling out entire groups of the population with an insulting name. Regardless of what your political view is, this is the world we live in now.

Old
04-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Honestly, do you think dropping an F bomb is the same as being homophobic.

If my contractors are working on the sales floor and they drop an F bomb, I have to apologize for them and I probably have to give them an actually HR warning. If my guy calls someone a *** or any racists or bigoted type name, I'll have to immediately walk them out.

The 2 things aren't close to the same.

When you are an owner of a company or a senior leader, the brand image of your company is one of the most important things. You can't have employees tarnishing that image by singling out entire groups of the population with an insulting name. Regardless of what your political view is, this is the world we live in now.
Here is a great take on the situation and how I feel about it:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016...g-andrew-shaw/

"Illegal hits can end careers and leave players permanently disabled. The league needs a Department of Player Safety that actually emphasizes player safety. It is preposterous to think that the there would be punishment handed down for a throat-slash gesture but not an actual throat slash or that the league would dole out the same punishment for words — no matter how bigoted or offensive — as it would for a violent and illegal hit."

I appreciate your analogy, but sports is different. Also, if your sales rep was screaming **** you to a customer (which is essentially what happened in this Shaw situation) I would absolutely equate it to calling someone a ***.

Old
04-21-2016, 10:14 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
Here is a great take on the situation and how I feel about it:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016...g-andrew-shaw/

"Illegal hits can end careers and leave players permanently disabled. The league needs a Department of Player Safety that actually emphasizes player safety. It is preposterous to think that the there would be punishment handed down for a throat-slash gesture but not an actual throat slash or that the league would dole out the same punishment for words no matter how bigoted or offensive as it would for a violent and illegal hit."

I appreciate your analogy, but sports is different. Also, if your sales rep was screaming **** you to a customer (which is essentially what happened in this Shaw situation) I would absolutely equate it to calling someone a ***.
I don't disagree I think illegal hits should be punished more they are currently. The Letang stick work should have been punished harder.

Also, of course if anyone I had cursed at a customer, I'd walk them out immediately. And you're correct, sports are different. However, brand image is brand image and on that front, sports are no different.

Old
04-21-2016, 10:54 AM
token grinder
Facts Get Deleted

It is amazing to me that you can launch into a profanity laced tirade toward a ref and you may get a 2 minor. Maybe. But have a slur caught on camera and you are suspended and fined.

It is a joke. Not saying it is right what he said, it isn't. he suspension is. Maybe the NHL should have a 3x3 safe space on the ice

Old
04-21-2016, 11:15 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
It is amazing to me that you can launch into a profanity laced tirade toward a ref and you may get a 2 minor. Maybe. But have a slur caught on camera and you are suspended and fined.

It is a joke. Not saying it is right what he said, it isn't. he suspension is. Maybe the NHL should have a 3x3 safe space on the ice

Safe space.... That's when I become rich because I won't be spending $ on hockey.

Look, there's profanity everywhere in hockey. The NHL handed in its man card here. It's ridiculous.

This is in the course of a game. Is there going to be a list of what is acceptable to say and what is not?

There are a lot of phrases A LOT of phrases that are said at hockey games or in person that offend me as a woman.

He didn't say this to a reporter, he didn't say it after a game.

Would I say that to a person in normal daily life, no.... Is it wrong to bully or harass anyone.....of course

Sean Averys comments were not said during a game . They were said to a reporter after a morning skate, I believe. So no comparison, imo.

Last edited by predfan98: 04-21-2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Addition
Old
04-21-2016, 01:34 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
The posts that are dripping sarcasm in this thread are great.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2067221

Old
04-21-2016, 10:11 PM
hockey diva

Wings eliminated

Old
04-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Wings eliminated
So are we ( soon ).

Old
04-21-2016, 11:42 PM
jstreet
LETS GO PREDS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
The posts that are dripping sarcasm in this thread are great.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2067221
Needs more tangibles.

Old
04-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
This is funny and Preds fans will appreciate it.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/nb...rts-1772420552

Old
04-22-2016, 12:09 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post

I was watching that live when it happened- totally awesome- kudos to Pat Foley.

Old
04-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Predarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post

Wow hahaha and thank you Pat Foley. I do wish that series was on non Preds game nights, it has been fun to watch when I have been able to. FLA-NYI has been good too.

Old
04-22-2016, 09:23 PM
INDhockeyfan

Philly beats Washington 2-0 in Washington and it is 3-2 in the series after the caps were up 3-0. Neuvirth stole the game as Philly only had 10 shots and somehow won the game. Well 11 shots as the last one was an empty net. Outshot the flyers 44-11 and lost.

Last edited by INDhockeyfan: 04-22-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old
04-22-2016, 11:30 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Philly beats Washington 2-0 in Washington and it is 3-2 in the series after the caps were up 3-0. Neuvirth stole the game as Philly only had 10 shots and somehow won the game. Well 11 shots as the last one was an empty net. Outshot the flyers 44-11 and lost.
Tonight has been the best night of the playoffs by far. 4 absolutely fantastic games.

Old
04-23-2016, 12:43 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Hopefully the myth that certain teams can just turn it on in the playoffs *cough Kings cough* can be put to rest.

And the goal Luongo gave up in 2OT was awful. What was he even doing? So slow to react.

Old
04-23-2016, 07:39 AM
hockey diva

The mild would have finished ahead of us if they had fired their coach before they lost 13 games in a row. Dallas also switched goalies which has not worked out. philly's goalie stole that game. We don't possess a that killer instinct you need in the playoffs, never have.

Old
04-23-2016, 07:47 AM
predfan98

Quote:
The mild would have finished ahead of us if they had fired their coach before they lost 13 games in a row. Dallas also switched goalies which has not worked out. philly's goalie stole that game. We don't possess a that killer instinct you need in the playoffs, never have.
We have never seemed to have that instinct. I blame coaches and leadership on the ice/locker room.

Actually I think the Kariya , arnot, dumont era did have it the most.

Old
04-23-2016, 08:40 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
No offense but what are you talking about?? Are you talking about the Mild team that was absolutely God awful down the stretch, losing their last 6 games, scoring a total of 6 goals? Who was coaching them then? The only reason they made the playoffs was the Avs were even worse than them.

Oh, but I guess you are impressed with their playoff performance then? Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they behind in their series???

Old
04-23-2016, 01:21 PM
AdmiralsFan24

These were the goal/assist/point totals for Wild forwards last night.

Koivu 17/39/56
Granlund 13/31/44
Niederreiter 20/23/43
Coyle 21/21/42
Pominville 11/25/36
Haula 14/20/34
Zucker 13/20/33
Jones 11/7/18
Stoll 4/5/9
Porter 4/3/7
Schroeder 2/2/4
Gabriel 0/0/0

And the Stars allowed that group to score 5 goals. Even if they manage to advance, I don't see how they're going to advance any further with defense and goaltending that allows 5 goals to that group. Especially if they continue to be without Seguin.

Old
04-23-2016, 03:06 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
These were the goal/assist/point totals for Wild forwards last night.

Koivu 17/39/56
Granlund 13/31/44
Niederreiter 20/23/43
Coyle 21/21/42
Pominville 11/25/36
Haula 14/20/34
Zucker 13/20/33
Jones 11/7/18
Stoll 4/5/9
Porter 4/3/7
Schroeder 2/2/4
Gabriel 0/0/0

And the Stars allowed that group to score 5 goals. Even if they manage to advance, I don't see how they're going to advance any further with defense and goaltending that allows 5 goals to that group. Especially if they continue to be without Seguin.
Yep- there is no way they are beating St Louis in a 7 game series (in my opinion).

Old
04-23-2016, 05:58 PM
WartracePred

I saw a tweet somewhere that suggested Rads was signing with the Avs. I thnk Varlomov was the source. Anyone heard that he's coming back to the Avs? That would make our series with COL interesting.

Old
04-23-2016, 08:49 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Yeah, Blues are losing this series. Dominant in the 1st period. Complete disaster all around in the 2nd.

Old
04-23-2016, 09:08 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Yeah, Blues are losing this series. Dominant in the 1st period. Complete disaster all around in the 2nd.
Too bad they both can't lose and not advance.

Old
04-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I saw a tweet somewhere that suggested Rads was signing with the Avs. I thnk Varlomov was the source. Anyone heard that he's coming back to the Avs? That would make our series with COL interesting.
Excellent. Would love to see the Avs waste more money and cap space on a one-dimensional forward instead of improving their D. If it also means they'll keep Roy around, all the better.

Old
04-24-2016, 02:03 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Boy Philly is going to be kicking themselves for looking completely inept during that 2 minute, 2 man advantage.

Granted Washington had a long 2 man advantage earlier but they at least looked threatening during theirs.

Closed Thread