HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renney on The WFAN - 12/29

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2005, 01:17 PM
gdflynn1*

vCash: 500
Renney on The WFAN - 12/29

On with Biningo...

Saying all the right things.... Questioned about 3 A's instead of declaring a C. Says it lets Jags play and others to step up and lead.

On the goaltending situation: Says he loves the problem with the 2 he has. Started with Weekes knowing Henke would emerge as contending hard for #1 and raved their relationship.

Says Prucha has been outstanding for him, big heart, type of kid they thought would take longer than this to produce and that it is a surprise.

Rozsival: Great young player, terrific shot, skates and passes well. (Huh?)

Biningo questions the benchings of Vets. Renney says its tough but something you have got to do. Makes it clear that there is no double-standard. you fall off from the plan, then you will be benched.

honestly thinks they are ahead of where he thought they would be. Ahead of schedule so far and that is because of the players buying into the system.

Sorry for the scribbling, thought some of u would be interested in what he had to say.

Old
12-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
I wouldn't expect him to bash Rozsival on the radio, but "terrific shot"? Come on, Tom.

Old
12-29-2005, 01:29 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I wouldn't expect him to bash Rozsival on the radio, but "terrific shot"? Come on, Tom.
Has Roszival ever hit the net with that shot? I can't recall.

Old
12-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Not to mention a time bomb. A turnover waiting to happen. When he has the puck, he scares the lights out of me. I think its a lack of hockey IQ.

Old
12-29-2005, 01:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

He, Malik, and Poti don't throw any checks and don't play physical at all. I always thought a defenseman HAD to be physical at least a bit. Sure you need 1 or 2 guys who aren't real physical and just play offensively and can even QB your PP. Poti does that. That's why I dislike these 2 big men who play small

Old
12-29-2005, 02:04 PM
bleedblue94

look i dont love Rozsival or anything....but he and malik are a decent d pairing....the problem is that they have been cast into the role of the top d pairing.....if this team had a true top pair and malik and Rozsival were allowed to play 16-19 mins a game instead of top pair minutes there would be no problem.........still i cant wait till next season when some of our younger d will be ready to come up

Old
12-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
I think Rozsival is probably the best on the team at getting his shots through, he just doesn't like to shoot often, his skating is much more of an issue, IMO

and I wouldn't call Malik and Rozsival's physicality a detriment, they don't throw huge open ice hits, but they muscle off players in the corners and use their strength to their advantage

Old
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
When I watch Rozie play I feel pretty scared that he's gonna turn it over or do something awful, but then I remember that for a D man who really shouldn't be in the top D pairing it's pretty impressive that he's tied with Jagr for the lead on the team in +/-. They're both +11 on the season. Malik is +10. Obviously Rozie and Malik could be doing a lot worse. And yes, I'm aware that +/- isn't all there is to evaluating a D man, but the discrepancy between the +/- and how I actually feel when Rozie handles the puck is interesting.

Old
12-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers
When I watch Rozie play I feel pretty scared that he's gonna turn it over or do something awful, but then I remember that for a D man who really shouldn't be in the top D pairing it's pretty impressive that he's tied with Jagr for the lead on the team in +/-. They're both +11 on the season. Malik is +10. Obviously Rozie and Malik could be doing a lot worse. And yes, I'm aware that +/- isn't all there is to evaluating a D man, but the discrepancy between the +/- and how I actually feel when Rozie handles the puck is interesting.
Roszival is one of the more physical guys we have. He doesn't hesitate to hit, but he just makes some dumb plays.

Old
12-29-2005, 03:37 PM
in the hall

did he bring up rozsival or did joe ask him about him??
that comment scares me if he brought him up

Old
12-29-2005, 05:37 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
I agree. A comment like that would frighten me into thinking that Renney really feels that way about him and would entertain thoughts about bringing him back next year.

Old
12-29-2005, 06:10 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I agree. A comment like that would frighten me into thinking that Renney really feels that way about him and would entertain thoughts about bringing him back next year.
Wow, YOUNG?

Old
12-29-2005, 07:20 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

He has a terrific shot

Quote:
The problem is Renney failed to mention that his cousin is Plexi Rexi!

Old
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Edge

I think the thing we need to remember is that Renney cant talk about his players as freely as we do.

Somehow I don't think "He's an oft-injured defenseman whose end results don't match his talent and he's hanging by a thread till I find someone better" would've done the trick.

Rosival could be the type of personality you try and prop up to get more out of. Matteau was very much like that in the day. He needed a swift kick in the arse sometimes and other times he needed a coach to give him a pat on the rear end.

It is possible that Renney is taking that approach, especially in light of Kondratiev going down.

Old
12-29-2005, 09:09 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
From what I understand, Sather has a gentleman's agreement with Rosival for a $700k contract next season. I could be wrong here. I guess Sather wanted more cap room for next season, a two year deal would result in the salaries being averaged. Hopefully Sather walks away from it and takes a run at Redden or Chara.

Old
12-29-2005, 10:06 PM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall

Joe brought him up (out of no where).

Old
12-29-2005, 10:10 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Roz with a good shot....good one by Renney.

Old
12-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
From what I understand, Sather has a gentleman's agreement with Rosival for a $700k contract next season. I could be wrong here. I guess Sather wanted more cap room for next season, a two year deal would result in the salaries being averaged. Hopefully Sather walks away from it and takes a run at Redden or Chara.
is that a joke?

that would save $15,000 in cap room next year

Old
12-30-2005, 01:25 AM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Its on WFAN's website, under Joe Benigno.

http://wfan.com/joebsid/

Last edited by MidnightRanger: 12-30-2005 at 03:36 AM.
Old
12-30-2005, 09:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I've have been public with my skepticism about the Renney hire, but he's won me over. He says all the right things. He's articulate and is very smart about the way he injects himself in to the mix when discussing the team.

It's refreshing to hear honesty and to hear someone who has the ability to look at things from the fan's perspective. His comment that they still need to win the fans over was a very astute point.

The interview further illustrated why Ron Low was such a miserable failure here. When the team it was "we" this and "we" that. When the team lost it was "the players" this and "the players" that. Renney is the complete opposite. Consistent, honest and articulate, what more can you want from a coach? A complete polar-opposite from Low, Trottier and Sather.

12-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Why all the Roszival shot bashing?

Look, he may not be the most mobile or creative blueliner in the NHL, but his shot is a rocket. Does he use it enough? No. Does it hit the net enough? No. But the shot itself is as hard as anyone's on this team.

Go ahead. Name someone on the Rangers who has a harder shot. I dare you.

Old
12-30-2005, 12:41 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
Go ahead. Name someone on the Rangers who has a harder shot. I dare you.
So what? That suddenly does not make him a good defenseman or even one of our best 6.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
So what? That suddenly does not make him a good defenseman or even one of our best 6.

Where did I say that he was good or one of our best six? I do think he's one of our top six when he plays his game, but he lacks consistency.

What I DID say was that his SHOT was being unfairly bashed.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I'd say Rucinsky and Kondratiev contend with Roszival for hardest shot.

That doesn't matter though if he doesn't use it well or correctly. You know, Jeff Toms looked like a monster in warm-ups as well.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:48 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
Where did I say that he was good or one of our best six? I do think he's one of our top six when he plays his game, but he lacks consistency.

What I DID say was that his SHOT was being unfairly bashed.

well if he the net once in a while i might agree on the shot but he can't hit the net to save his life!!

Closed Thread