HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

King/Sedins

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Le Golie

vCash: 500
King/Sedins

Everybody in Canuck nation must be thrilled with these guys so far. Who would have thought the Sedin's would come around and PRODUCE?! They aren't so soft on the puck this year and they are able to make things happen out there. King is opening my eyes as well, he's been a great fit and is adjusting to hockey at an NHL level easily. He's a decent player.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:24 PM
cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
Everybody in Canuck nation must be thrilled with these guys so far. Who would have thought the Sedin's would come around and PRODUCE?! They aren't so soft on the puck this year and they are able to make things happen out there. King is opening my eyes as well, he's been a great fit and is adjusting to hockey at an NHL level easily. He's a decent player.
I'm happy with the line, but I realize it's still early so it's not the time to judge how good that line is right now. Here's hoping that their success continues. They are looking like that elusive second line that the Canucks have been lacking for a while and that's encouraging.

Since you are from Winnepeg, do you catch any Manitoba Moose games?

Old
10-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Nucks board material..

Old
10-22-2003, 09:59 PM
cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Nucks board material..
He's making an opinion about a hockey player... just because the player is a low profile Canuck player doesn't autmatically make it reserved for the Canuck board.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Who would have thought the Sedin's would come around and PRODUCE?!
Anyone who doesn't write off talented players before they are even 25 y/o.

That's not meant as sarcasm, it's true.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:42 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier

Painfully true, yes. That trend is not about to stop either if you ask me.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier

Great comment.

It's certainly great to see the Sedins get off to such a great start, and it's also awesome to see rookie Jason King playing with the poise and savvy of a veteran. He plays with intelligence well beyond his years--he isn't afraid to go into the traffic areas for pucks, and he takes punishment to make plays. He hustles, he works hard, he bumps, he grinds, and he's skilled. A good compliment to the Sedins. However, I'm trying not to get too excited yet; if they keep playing consistently well over the year, then I'll be happy. But it looks like the Sedins have picked up where they left off at the end of last year.

~Canucklehead~

10-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc
Since you are from Winnepeg, do you catch any Manitoba Moose games?
No. The only people who go to Moose games are parents/grandparents and kids under 10 years old. Anyone who was old enough to remember the Jets stays home and watched the NHL on TV.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:07 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Nucks board material..
Agree. This board is dominated by Canucks fans and it's stupid threads like this that make me hate them. The Canucks that is.

Now listen, I don't agree when arbitrary Kings subjects come on the board either, but a thread like Roman beats the Flyers has waaaay more to do with general hockey talk than a six game hot streak of a couple of Canucks.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:18 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
No. The only people who go to Moose games are parents/grandparents and kids under 10 years old. Anyone who was old enough to remember the Jets stays home and watched the NHL on TV.

LOL...hey I've been to a Moose game!!

I'm originally from NY, but stationed in North Dakota, so the Moose are the closest thing to "real hockey" that we've got. The Wild weren't even a thought when I first got up here in 96. Just missed the Jets, drove 5 hours and tried going to their second to last regular season game, but it was sold out, so we went to "Teaser's" instead and watched the game on the big screen.

By the way, the Moose game was Manitoba vs Las Vegas...Brathwaite in net for the Moose and Tim Freakin' Cheveldae in net for the Thunder!

Ah...good times!

Old
10-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Nucks board material..
I suggest you read the description for the channel. Hockey Talk of all brands are encouraged on this board, M=G. Even Canuck talk *gasp*.

What does this mean? You can post about how Stu Barnes is playing well here, too.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Agree. This board is dominated by Canucks fans and it's stupid threads like this that make me hate them.
Actually, according to the Team Boards, the Canucks are actually 3rd in population, behind Habs & Oiler fans.

I think that if you're going to hate somebody, or a group of people, based on the fact that there are a lot of 'em, however, you should get some counselling. That certainly isn't healthy behaviour.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
I suggest you read the description for the channel. Hockey Talk of all brands are encouraged on this board, M=G. Even Canuck talk *gasp*.

What does this mean? You can post about how Stu Barnes is playing well here, too.
Can we make a trade? Any thread that M=G starts slobbing Jere Lehtinen's nob get's move to the Star's board, and we'll move this thread to the Canucks board!

I actually like having these type of threads on the NHL Discussion board - or all that would be here is "Caption this picture #856".

Old
10-23-2003, 08:55 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Agree. This board is dominated by Canucks fans and it's stupid threads like this that make me hate them. The Canucks that is.
Thank you..

It's not as much as it's anoying to hear that King or the Sedins for that matter are playing well, but Christ, Nuck fans post everything on here that other team's wouldn't even discuss on their own board or talk about with their fellow fans during lunch.. Even at the trade board forum, there have been 5 threads concerning Bertuzzi's contract situation, WTF. First of all, if every team would do this, the board would crash every day. Second of all, Bert isn't even a holdout or anything, there's just a simply extension going on, who cares, this doesn't deserves his own 5 *** threads with "Bert replies phonecall", "Bert now enters the office", "Bert takes a seat", "Bert says YES when asked if he'd like some coffee", "Bert shakes his head".

We had like 55 Naslund topics last season, what his favorite food is, if he records a +/-, at what time he goes to bed, you name it and you would find it at the NHL talk section. There's a reason Jovo is called Joverrated over here, and there's a reason that there's no single Canuck player even remotely close being underrated.

The Canuck fansbase is huge and popular, but so are the Rangers, the Bruins, and the Oilers, yet they don't post whether Nedved, Thornton or York sneezes, they contribute to this board with proper National Hockey League subjects that regards us all. A small example: Thornton had more points then Naslund last season, yet all of his points, perfomances, rants and raves were discussed at the Bruins board rather then overload this section at HF, sure you'd see some, that's naturally, but they were usually overshadowed with "Sedin picks his nose!"..

There, sorry for my little rant, but as you can see there are more non-Nuck fans annoyed by this.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Thank you..

It's not as much as it's anoying to hear that King or the Sedins for that matter are playing well, but Christ, Nuck fans post everything on here that other team's wouldn't even discuss on their own board or talk about with their fellow fans during lunch..
Ignore the damn thread then. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head forcing you to read this. A fan came on here to talk about a particular line that is doing really well so far this season, a line that has been bashed to no end in the past. What's wrong with that?

BTW, it appears that your Canucks hatred has reached a whole new level. You've now resorted to the "talking out of your ass" phase to try and bash the Canucks and their fans. Congratulations.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
Can we make a trade? Any thread that M=G starts slobbing Jere Lehtinen's nob get's move to the Star's board, and we'll move this thread to the Canucks board!

I actually like having these type of threads on the NHL Discussion board - or all that would be here is "Caption this picture #856".
You can b¡tch all you want sugar, but you wouldn't see me posting threads that mention whether Modano scores or not. Hell, I'v never posted anything even simular here at HF. I rarely start threads that's about the Stars or the players and their perfomances in general, the last one I can remember is a Phillipe Boucher thread 2 months into the 2002/2003 season. When I start threads, it's about "who would you rather have's", "general team issue's and reports" and those kinda stuff, I usually keep my homerish stuff in threads that are actually started by someone else, and try to contribute by answering questions how one's team's player is doing, where he's good at or not, underrated or overrated, you know.. wait, you probably don't.

Hell you can count the Stars fans on this board at one hand, we are probably at the bottem here at HF in terms of team related threads or anything in regards to it.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Reign Nateo

1. This thread was not started by a Canucks fan.

2. Modano=God: It's pretty obvious that this thread was going to be about the Canucks, we all know you don't like to talk about anything other than how great the Stars are, so please do yourself a favor and don't click on the thread next time. Better yet, do us all a favor and don't click on any thread.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
2. Modano=God: It's pretty obvious that this thread was going to be about the Canucks, we all know you don't like to talk about anything other than how great the Stars are, so please do yourself a favor and don't click on the thread next time. Better yet, do us all a favor and don't click on any thread.
Bitter are we? Little b¡tch, cancell your account if I bother you so much.. World would be a better place.

Pathetic Nuck fans..

Old
10-23-2003, 09:19 AM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Actually not true in the least. Plenty of college aged/young adults at every game. Personally I'm at most games, and I had season tickets to the Jets.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Bitter are we? Little b¡tch, cancell your account if I bother you so much.. World would be a better place.

Pathetic Nuck fans..
Resorting to namecalling...the sure sign that you have nothing to back up you're argument. What a joke...

Old
10-23-2003, 09:34 AM
TheCustodian

vCash:
Quote:

Pathetic Nuck fans..
Wow, someone is a little immature.

Also, I was under the impression these boards had rules against personal attacks and name calling?

EDIT: I also have to observe that (being new to these boards) most conversations go fairly well until certain people get involved.

Take this one for example: A NON-CANUCK FAN posts this thread, Canucks fans obviously contribute as it is about their team, the conversation goes well until two people make 'trollish' remarks --- mainly M=G and Legionnaire, who I notice thoroughly enjoy trolling in regards to the Canucks and who obviously have some bias against them. Stay out of the threads if you don't like them trolls.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Resorting to namecalling...the sure sign that you have nothing to back up you're argument. What a joke...
Well *****face, if you could tell me *which* legit argument he tried to start in the first place, let me hear it.. He's just a troll getting a woodie positing my name..

Old
10-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Well *****face, if you could tell me *which* legit argument he tried to start in the first place, let me hear it.. He's just a troll getting a woodie positing my name..
He tore your little rant against the Canucks apart, and you obviously couldn't handle it like a big boy. I've been through this with you before. I prove you're wrong, you get pissed and resort to calling names, and the thread gets closed. It's a never ending cylce with you.

BTW, have fun with your week away from the boards.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:42 AM
monster_bertuzzi

You're wrong M=G, Naslund had more points than Thornton last year .

Old
10-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Ignore the damn thread then. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head forcing you to read this.
Horsesh¡t, though fits your style..

So I guess it's ok for me to start 100 Modano picks his nose threads, afterall, if you don't like it, ignore it..

Closed Thread