jetsforever

vCash: 500
Nice! Expected, but good to see.

jetsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 05:55 PM
ellismate

Any details on the bonus yet? What's the over/under on it?

ellismate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 06:28 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoJangelz71 View Post
Not sure how you would know that Gary's training would be overrated, unless you have attended it?
Well, there is some stuff that we know is snake oil and broscience that he employs, like the genetically designed food regiments.

So, in that aspect, you can 100% say he's overrated in that not everything he provides that he says is BS.

And then there is this stigma of people who feel that those going to other places are not considered working as hard, like Trouba who trained with Wheeler last summer... I guess Wheeler didn't train as hard since he did the same regiment as Trouba, who some here said wasn't training hard.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 06:36 PM
CaptainChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgisPer60 View Post
Connor is an exceptional triggerman and excels at getting open and utilizing space. He doesn't need the puck on his stick to be effective. That speaks volumes for our special teams.
I see everyone putting Connor on the second or third line but consider this. To be really effective, Connor needs to play with speedy skilled forwards who can find the open man & set him up.

Line of the future IMO is Ehlers-Scheif-Connor. Doubt they get there next season, but in time I see Wheels ending up back with Little, and Connor on the first line with the best speedy puck distributors we have.

CaptainChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Master Scheif
he's cookin'

vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouthMovement View Post
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Matthews-Connor

Whoa whoa whoa that'll never happen.

Connor plays LW.

Master Scheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 06:43 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubabooster View Post
I see everyone putting Connor on the second or third line but consider this. To be really effective, Connor needs to play with speedy skilled forwards who can find the open man & set him up.

Line of the future IMO is Ehlers-Scheif-Connor. Doubt they get there next season, but in time I see Wheels ending up back with Little, and Connor on the first line with the best speedy puck distributors we have.
I'm not sure Connor even starts the year with the Jets. I would much rather him get top 6 minutes with the Moose than bottom 6 minutes with the Jets. We have plenty of young prospects who can play a bottom six role on the Jets as was just shown in the last 10 to 15 games. Unless Connor clearly shows he belongs on the big club, I have no problem with him spending a year on the Moose.

wpgallday1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 06:50 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgallday1960 View Post
I'm not sure Connor even starts the year with the Jets. I would much rather him get top 6 minutes with the Moose than bottom 6 minutes with the Jets. We have plenty of young prospects who can play a bottom six role on the Jets as was just shown in the last 10 to 15 games. Unless Connor clearly shows he belongs on the big club, I have no problem with him spending a year on the Moose.
Not this again. We heard this about ehlers and scheif. He's ready! He will start off slowly most likely but is nhl ready.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Dayofthedogs

Great news. Timing takes some of the sting out of this season.

Ehlers-55-Wheels
Connor-Little-???
MP-Burmi-Dano
Petan-Copp-Armia

PB-Lowry/Thorburn

Dayofthedogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:16 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 2377
Quote:
Not sure how you would know that Gary's training would be overrated, unless you have attended it?
You're misreading my post. I never said there's anything wrong with his training. I said it's overrated in the sense that people pretend it's the ultimate off-season training a player could do. There's a lot of hype for it on these forums. The reality is there's likely tons of qualified trainers and we shouldn't necessarily be disappointed just because we don't hear about a specific player going to Gary Roberts' program. I was replying to someone who said pointblank that Gary Roberts is overrated.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:20 PM
VictoriaJetsFan

A welcome nice bit of news after a rough week....I have no problem him starting with the Moose a la Petan...he'll be up soon enough.

VictoriaJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Bartho

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Well, there is some stuff that we know is snake oil and broscience that he employs, like the genetically designed food regiments.

So, in that aspect, you can 100% say he's overrated in that not everything he provides that he says is BS.

And then there is this stigma of people who feel that those going to other places are not considered working as hard, like Trouba who trained with Wheeler last summer... I guess Wheeler didn't train as hard since he did the same regiment as Trouba, who some here said wasn't training hard.
Well, we do know that Roberts and Oates have ruined Scheifele.

Bartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:21 PM
MrBoJangelz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post

Sounds like a lot of drama: he trained here, he trained there accusations going on.lol

I think most view Scheifele as a very hard working player, dedicated to getting better every off season; along with his continuous yearly improvements, and since he has been consistently visiting Roberts camp, there is an association being made that the camp works.

Was there rumors Trouba went one year to Roberts camp, and didn't put much into it, never to return?

MrBoJangelz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:28 PM
MrBoJangelz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
You're misreading my post. I never said there's anything wrong with his training. I said it's overrated in the sense that people pretend it's the ultimate off-season training a player could do. There's a lot of hype for it on these forums. The reality is there's likely tons of qualified trainers and we shouldn't necessarily be disappointed just because we don't hear about a specific player going to Gary Roberts' program. I was replying to someone who said pointblank that Gary Roberts is overrated.
My apologies, and I agree, there are many highly qualified sources available to players for off season training, but with all of them, it comes down to how much the individual is willing to put into it.

Old
04-11-2016, 07:44 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Not this again. We heard this about ehlers and scheif. He's ready! He will start off slowly most likely but is nhl ready.
Hope so but I wouldn't use Schief as the best example of jumping into the NHL after their D +1 year.

Old
04-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Mortimer Snerd

vCash: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubabooster View Post
Super news. Not that he's on the same level, but here's hoping the Poolman is next
You just want to have the Poolman around before the Pulj Pjarti.

Glad this is done. Needed some good news.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:54 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Hope so but I wouldn't use Schief as the best example of jumping into the NHL after their D +1 year.
My point was when both were ready to be everyday nhl ers, people wanted them in ahl, or why are they struggling? Connor is ready.

Old
04-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Mortimer Snerd

Quote:
He'll play 3rd line and PP, 16-17 min/gm. Of course on the Moose he will get BIG min, 18-19 min/gm.

NHL minutes are worth more than AHL minutes. It is possible that he starts on the Moose but it wouldn't be for long, or starts on the Jets but goes down for a while a la Petan but either would be a surprise. He may or may not progress as quickly as Ehlers did but he won't have a period of playing with Thor either.

Old
04-11-2016, 08:06 PM
WinnipegWinter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayofthedogs View Post
Great news. Timing takes some of the sting out of this season.

Ehlers-55-Wheels
Connor-Little-???
MP-Burmi-Dano
Petan-Copp-Armia

PB-Lowry/Thorburn
The talent is salivating but it also looks like a roster that can get pushed around in those heavy games down the stretch. It would be nice to acquire a big, skilled alpha that can absorb and prevent some of the punishment. I'd much rather see Lowry slot in 3C than Burmi

WinnipegWinter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Mortimer Snerd

Quote:
My apologies, and I agree, there are many highly qualified sources available to players for off season training, but with all of them, it comes down to how much the individual is willing to put into it.
The bolded. Roberts works for Scheifele because Scheifele works for Roberts. Credit Scheifele.

Old
04-11-2016, 08:10 PM
John Agar
The 4th Hanson Bro'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
let's go back to my place bouncy bouncy!!
Ah yes... my nipples explode with excitement.

Kyle Connor is worthy of his own translation book

John Agar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 08:10 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
My point was when both were ready to be everyday nhl ers, people wanted them in ahl, or why are they struggling? Connor is ready.
Let's wait and see at TC and during NHL action. If he plays so well that the Jets have no choice but to keep him in the NHL then great. I just don't want a repeat of the Petan situation. I'm just trying to keep an open mind to all possibilities.

Old
04-11-2016, 08:19 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Let's wait and see at TC and during NHL action. If he plays so well that the Jets have no choice but to keep him in the NHL then great. I just don't want a repeat of the Petan situation. I'm just trying to keep an open mind to all possibilities.
Petan did need seasoning but let's hope Connor doesn't start the year on the fourth line like petan did. Connor Lowry Thor
That'll ruin a guy to start

Old
04-11-2016, 08:19 PM
rymr66

it's not the same situation as petan at all - before he signed today, connor was still eligible to play in the ncaa - this year, there was no way petan was going back to the whl

connor would not have left the ncaa if he wasn't ready (for the nhl) - i remember berenson having a quote a while back saying that if connor wasn't going to be playing in a top 6 role in the nhl it would be better for him to be in the ncaa - the jets just happen to have an opening at lw in the top 6 after trading ladd -

and when the jets were pitching connor to leave the ncaa to sign a contract with the team - do you think the selling point was - sign with us and play lots of big minutes on the manitoba moose - doubtful

the only reason connor is coming is because he's ready - we'll see how he does, but i think he'll be better than ehlers - connor certainly adds a skill set this team does not currently possess without him - cheers and go jets go
Quote:

rymr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 08:28 PM
MrBoJangelz71

I think I would have Perreault centering Little and Connor, as our second line next season, if he is ready.

Or we luck out, get the 2nd pick in the draft, making our 1B line:
Laine Little Connor

Old
04-11-2016, 08:34 PM
MrBoJangelz71

He is going to need a solid half season like Ehlers did, to figure things out, maybe longer, our expectations need to realistic.