HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lubo

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2005, 02:40 AM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Lubo

Who wants to see this guy get an 'A'?

I know he's the antithesis of a vocal leader.

However, he is the consumate team player. Probably the most humble guy in the league. He may not be the guy who gives the big dressing room speech, but he's what many players should take a look at aspire to be. He's skilled and he has not a selfish bone in his body. He's got mad skills and yet he views himself like another lunch pale type player...like Matty he leads by example. You'vew really got to admire someone who doesn't get caught up in the hype that gets generated around so many pro athletes. I'd love to see this guy get recognized for his approach to the game.

Old
12-30-2005, 02:47 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Good post. Lubo is the defintion of a team player. FRom every comment he makes I think that is clear.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Osprey

No offense, but I don't think that that's a good idea at all. Captaincy isn't a recognition of work ethic or humility; it's a recognition of leadership and outspokenness. The team needs to look up to him and that player needs to speak for the team. Perhaps the best reason why he's not alternate captain material is that he can barely speak English and the very job of the alternate captain is to speak with the refs when the captain isn't on the ice. Conroy, Roenick, Miller and Robitaille are the obvious candidates and are the alternate captains, as it should be, IMO.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-30-2005 at 03:14 AM.
Old
12-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
No offense, but I don't think that that's a good idea at all. Captaincy isn't a recognition of work ethic or humility; it's a recognition of leadership and outspokenness. The player needs to speak for the team. Perhaps the best reason why he's not alternate captain material is that he can barely speak English and the very job of the alternate captain is to speak to the refs on the ice.
He speaks more English than he lets on to, but I agree. Matty's not very outspoken himself, but he is a leader. JR, Conroy, Luc, are all leaders and outspoken guys. No way Lubo fits the bill.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:19 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
He speaks more English than he lets on to, but I agree.
My point is that he isn't all that comfortable with the language. The last thing he or Demitra would feel comfortable doing is going up to a ref during a game and carrying on an extended discussion in English (and having the refs understand them over the din of the arena, no less). They both would prefer to be quiet and left alone, making them poor candidates for alternate captaincy (all other issues, notwithstanding), IMO. Just for the sake of argument, a team with Norstrom (bless his heart) as the captain and Visnovsky and Demitra as alternate captains would be a very poorly-led team.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-30-2005 at 03:26 AM.
Old
12-30-2005, 03:23 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
He speaks more English than he lets on to, but I agree. Matty's not very outspoken himself, but he is a leader. JR, Conroy, Luc, are all leaders and outspoken guys. No way Lubo fits the bill.
Point taken, guys. But when you give out 3 A's, not everyone has to speak to the official. His lack of outspokeness is a result of the very traits that make him an admirable player... Like I said his workman-like approach to the game I belive warrants an 'A' just to signify he's what your players should strive to be (or at least incorporate an element of his approach into your own approach to the game).

Closed Thread