Notices

Gameday thread: Avs @ Wild, Oct. 16

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 04:43 PM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Gameday thread: Avs @ Wild, Oct. 16

Gotta love these re-matches. Man are they going to want to give us a hard time for kicking them out last year. Without Gaborik and Dupuis and with their new additions I'm gonna have to go with the Avs

4-2 Avs.

Goals by Kuba and Daigle.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:18 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
You're damn right we're pissed off about last spring , the Wild deserved it though .

Without Gaborik , they won't be as explosive . I still won't underestimate them like I did last year .
We scarred you guys for life.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Blackadder

Bah.

3-2 wild

goals by walz(2) and bouchard as the avs push too hard leading to repeated odd-man rushes on abe.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:37 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I am pretty excited to see that new jersey the Wild is going to wear.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Kristofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
I am pretty excited to see that new jersey the Wild is going to wear.
My guess is that it's going to have the silhouette of the trees on the bottom part of the jersey so it will look okay with the green pants.

3-1 avs

Old
10-14-2003, 09:56 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
4-1 Avs...

Goal by Johnson or Burns

Old
10-15-2003, 04:35 AM
ceber

5 - 2 Avs. Maybe.

Old
10-15-2003, 06:48 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
4-1 Avs...

Goal by Johnson or Burns
Johnson? I think he already got his one goal this season

Old
10-15-2003, 02:25 PM
GaborikRules10!!!

3-2 Wild Win
Wild put on a strong effort in there uni's.
Cant Wait to see them!!!

Old
10-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Didn't get drunk after game 7, but I was so mad I wasn't paying attention on the drive home and got a speeding ticket. That lifted my spirits... :p

Anyway, enough whining from me. I don't care if they're missing their top 4 scorers, the Avs had best not underestimate this team ever again. I won't predict a score because I'm too superstitious, but my main concern is without Hinote and Svatos our 3rd and 4th lines are very slow. Minnesota still sports a lot of speed up front, albeit not as much skill.

Colorado showed against St. Louis (a team they should have PASTED) that they can mail one in, even with all the talent they have on paper. If they allow the Wild to dictate the pace of the game, the Avs will lose. They'll have to play smart hockey with smooth passing and emphasize puck possession. And for the love of God, SKATE on the power play! :mad:

Old
10-15-2003, 07:15 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Didn't get drunk after game 7, but I was so mad I wasn't paying attention on the drive home and got a speeding ticket. That lifted my spirits... :p
Isn't that just how it works... a bad day just gets worse and piles up. I feel your pain... (for the speeding ticket part :p )

Old
10-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

2-2 Tie
Game goes into OT and makes me late for work...

Goals by Hejduk, Blake, Walz, and Brunette

Old
10-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Upon1

Avs 4 (Kariya 2, Sakic and Tanguay)
@
Wild 1 (Walz)

Old
10-16-2003, 06:57 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
5 - 2 Avs. Maybe.
Do I win a million dollars? Anyone?

Well, that game was kind of a downer, but I honestly don't think we lost because the Avs were that much better (although I'm sure the Avs could've stepped it up had we given them a challenge). The guys just didn't look like they were playing as hard as they could. Everyone had moments, but most had more bad moments than good moments. I'd like to hear what Lemaire has to say about the game. I was in a bit of a sour mood, so maybe I'm being too hard on the team. Lots of guys getting the puck and then just standing in one spot with it. No, no, no! Errant passes, weak passes, not much on the shots. Gaborik wouldn't have helped tonight, despite some people calling for him in the crowd. I doubt he would've scored more than two against the Avs D, which was pretty good tonight. I wasn't all that impressed with the Avs offense, but again I might be putting too much blame on our guys.

Oh well, I like the third jersey, so there's a positive.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:17 PM
ceber

Quote:
I'd like to hear what Lemaire has to say about the game. I was in a bit of a sour mood, so maybe I'm being too hard on the team.
Well, Lemaire tells me I'm being too hard on the team. I must've let my attitude get to me.
(I still think our guys stood still too much.. way too much.)

Old
10-16-2003, 08:40 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Well, Lemaire tells me I'm being too hard on the team. I must've let my attitude get to me.
(I still think our guys stood still too much.. way too much.)
Jacques said that?

Make sure you don't piss him off, he'll get Boogard after you! :p

Old
10-16-2003, 11:43 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

I thought Roche looked completely lost for most of the game.

Also, I swear I saw at least two or three instances when Zholtok tried to pass to a covered winger rather than make an easy pass to an open Burns.

Old
10-17-2003, 02:45 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
I thought Roche looked completely lost for most of the game.

Also, I swear I saw at least two or three instances when Zholtok tried to pass to a covered winger rather than make an easy pass to an open Burns.
I didn't particularly like any of our D's in this game. Bombardir can't get the puck out of the zone, he likes to pretend that he has puck poise and wait until the last possible second to pass the puck out of the zone (or to his partner), and is usually a split-second too late. Zyuzin runs around too much. Kuba... he was OK I guess. Mitchell makes bad decisions every once in a while, and I'm not just talking about his giveaway to Selanne. With all due respect to his playoff performance, he is still work in progress. Brown played OK. Roche... I don't know, I think we should give up on this guy, keep him down in Houston for extremely depth-challenging emergencies. Hopefully, when Schultz is finally ready to play we'll see less and less of Roche. And then, hopefully, none. I'm still recovering from having to watch Sekeras last season, and now we have this stud.

On the bright side, we were playing against the most offensively gifted team in the NHL, so maybe it's not all that bad.

Old
10-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Blackadder

I think we'll do fine as soon as someone teaches these guys how to pass the damn puck. There were enough many missed passes, stupid passes, and just *bad* passes to kill any team last night.

That and the fact nobody seemed to be able to get any power behind the puck on clears (especially Roche). There were several times I saw us take huge swings at the puck to clear it and it sloooowly dribbled into the open and was picked up by the avs.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:12 AM
MN_Gopher

It's four games in lets give the guys at least 10 to determine who has and who does not. They made the team they are doing something right. And COL is going to embaress several teams this year.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:40 AM
DW

Agreed MNGopher, it's way to early to call for changes. Let's cut Roche some slack. He has played in a grand total of 6(?) NHL games in his whole entire career. Can't we atleast let the guy play 10-20 games this season to see if he gets better before we right him off. He hasn't played real well, but there is maybe 3 guys that have had a solid start to the season on the entire team.

Closed Thread