HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rookie Lundqvist

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2005, 12:27 PM
  #1
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
Rookie Lundqvist

He has an outside shot, especially with such a great crop of rookies -probably the best chance out of the goalies in my mind. I know its early but I wanted to compare his numbers to the last 5 Goalies who won the Calder.

Keep in mind, all these winners with the exception of Barrasso had some playing time the previous season, but werent considered rookies.

Raycroft (2004) (played 17 gms over 3 prior seasons for 6-9-1 record)
57 GP - 3420 Min - 29W- 18L - 9T - 117 GA - 2.05 GAA - SA 1586 - .912 SV% - 3 SO

Nabokov (2001) (5 gms prior season)
66 GP - 3699 Min - 32W- 21L - 7T - 135 GA - 2.19 GAA - SA 1582 - .915 SV% - 6 SO

Brodeur (1994) (4 gms prior season)
47 GP - 2625 Min - 27W- 11L - 8T - 105 GA - 2.40 GAA - SA 1238 - .915 SV% - 3 SO

Belfour (1991) (Was 4-12-3 the season prior)
74 GP - 4127 Min - 43W- 19L - 7T - 170 GA - 2.47 GAA - SA 1883 - .910 SV% - 4 SO

Barrasso (1984)
42 GP - 2475 Min - 26W- 12L - 3T - 117 GA - 2.84 GAA - SA 1098 - .893 SV% - 2 SO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUNDQVIST (2005 to date)
24 GP - 1386 Min - 14W- 5L - 49 GA - 2.12 GAA - SA 668 - .928 SV% - 1 SO


Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 12-30-2005 at 03:54 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 12:34 PM
  #2
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,610
vCash: 500
yeah, but he's probably going to need to get a few more games in the second half. if he gets at least 50 starts and 30 wins with a GAA under 2.3 and a SV% of over .920 i think he'll get a good look. backstopping a couple more SO's couldn't hurt either.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 12:37 PM
  #3
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 500
I think with Crosby/Ovechkin/Svatos all floating around in the Calder draw tank, Lunqvist would probably have to get the Rangers into the playoffs and steal them a round (or two) for him to walk away with the trophy.

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 12:41 PM
  #4
Greg in MA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I think with Crosby/Ovechkin/Svatos all floating around in the Calder draw tank, Lunqvist would probably have to get the Rangers into the playoffs and steal them a round (or two) for him to walk away with the trophy.

Voting for the Calder, Vezina, etc is done when the regular season is over. Playoff performances are not a factor as the voting is already completed by then.

Greg in MA is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 01:23 PM
  #5
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Let's not forget about our other ROY candidate, Mr. Petr I Score 900 Different Ways Prucha.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 02:42 PM
  #6
KasparKrunch
Registered User
 
KasparKrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
unless prucha scores 70 goals he won't win. he doesn't get any assists, where as ovechkin and crosby do. maybe he would have a chance at winning if there ever was a trophy the rochet richard jr. trophy for most goals by a rookie.

KasparKrunch is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 02:46 PM
  #7
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA
Voting for the Calder, Vezina, etc is done when the regular season is over. Playoff performances are not a factor as the voting is already completed by then.

Well there ya have it.

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 03:10 PM
  #8
Entrancemperium
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
He has an outside shot, especially with such a great crop of rookies -probably the best chance out of the goalies in my mind. I know its early but I wanted to compare his numbers to the last 4 Goalies who won the Calder.

Keep in mind, all these winners with the exception of Barrasso had some playing time the previous season, but werent considered rookies.

Nabokov (2001) (5 gms prior season)
66 GP - 3699 Min - 32W- 21L - 7T - 135 GA - 2.19 GAA - SA 1582 - .915 SV% - 6 SO

Brodeur (1994) (4 gms prior season)
47 GP - 2625 Min - 27W- 11L - 8T - 105 GA - 2.40 GAA - SA 1238 - .915 SV% - 3 SO

Belfour (1991) (Was 4-12-3 the season prior)
74 GP - 4127 Min - 43W- 19L - 7T - 170 GA - 2.47 GAA - SA 1883 - .910 SV% - 4 SO

Barrasso (1984)
42 GP - 2475 Min - 26W- 12L - 3T - 117 GA - 2.84 GAA - SA 1098 - .893 SV% - 2 SO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUNDQVIST (2005 to date)
24 GP - 1386 Min - 14W- 5L - 49 GA - 2.12 GAA - SA 668 - .928 SV% - 1 SO
You forgot Andrew Raycroft, he won the calder last season right? Or am I mistaken?

Entrancemperium is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 03:24 PM
  #9
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium
You forgot Andrew Raycroft, he won the calder last season right? Or am I mistaken?
Yup, Raycroft won it last year.

He was 29-18-9 with a 2.05 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage in 57 games

(stats from NHL.com)

Bretzky* is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 03:40 PM
  #10
Benji Frank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,648
vCash: 500
If Lundqvist can get into 50 to 55 games and continue at close to his current numbers (that shouldn't be hard as teams will tighten up once the playoff races are established) I think he's got a pretty good shot at it esp. considering he's playing in the large NY market. When you consider how well the team plays in front of him as compared to in front of Weekes, it wouldn't surprise me if Henke garnered some MVP consideration!! And the voters can't ignore that when tossing their Calder vote ... despite all the hype surrounding SC & AO!!!

Benji Frank is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 03:47 PM
  #11
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-NYR-9968
Yup, Raycroft won it last year.

He was 29-18-9 with a 2.05 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage in 57 games

(stats from NHL.com)
Thats Right! Raycroft did win it last year.... Must have been looking at an old list...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 04:12 PM
  #12
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,260
vCash: 500
To play 50 games + the Olympics + the playoffs (if we make it) might be asking a lot. Between Henrik winning the Calder or being more ready for the postseason I'd rather opt for the latter.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 05:55 PM
  #13
Sather Hater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
If the season ended today (or if all rookies continue at their current pace), I would think Lundqvist has a better chance of winning the Vezina trophy, than the Calder trophy. Which in my mind is probably a better accomplishment, receiving the best goalie award (up against seasoned veterans like Hasek, Brodeur, Turco, etc) as compared to the best rookie (mostly 18-23 year olds in their first pro season).

Sather Hater is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 05:59 PM
  #14
Entrancemperium
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
If the season ended today (or if all rookies continue at their current pace), I would think Lundqvist has a better chance of winning the Vezina trophy, than the Calder trophy. Which in my mind is probably a better accomplishment, receiving the best goalie award (up against seasoned veterans like Hasek, Brodeur, Turco, etc) as compared to the best rookie (mostly 18-23 year olds in their first pro season).
Is it just me or does anyone else think that winning the Vezina should merit him getting the calder and that goes for any rookie who manages to get a trophy they should then also get the calder.

Entrancemperium is offline  
Old
12-30-2005, 06:07 PM
  #15
frohli44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium
Is it just me or does anyone else think that winning the Vezina should merit him getting the calder and that goes for any rookie who manages to get a trophy they should then also get the calder.
haha absolutely...if lundqvists gets the vezina he wins the calder..

frohli44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.