HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Ziggy Palffy

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2005, 01:47 AM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Ziggy Palffy

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=148753&hubname=nhl

Some interesting stuff here. Besides Cammy being on the hot list, and possible trade scenarios out there.

Ziggy seems to be crying in his beer. He's rumored, and he's also upset about not being on the top. That's what you get! Greener grass my ***!

Old
12-31-2005, 02:22 AM
took420s

"I expected to be on top."

Thats what you get for expecting huh.

Old
12-31-2005, 02:29 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I still think he's a better player than Demitra.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:18 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesRLikeWins4Us
I still think he's a better player than Demitra.
I guess, I would have to agree but a couple more dekes like he had on Luongo and that will change.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:32 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Ziggy who?

Rot in the Steel City Palffy.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:33 AM
Osprey

Tambellini and a pick.

Funny thing is that Palffy probably would be leading the team (ahead of Demitra) and the entire western conference if he had re-signed with the Kings.

I like to imagine the kind of conversations that Palffy and Demitra have with each other. They probably go something like this:
Ziggy:
Pavol:
Ziggy:
*Any similarity to actual conversations is purely coincidental and not proof of wiretapping.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-31-2005 at 04:48 AM.
Old
12-31-2005, 07:53 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I guess, I would have to agree but a couple more dekes like he had on Luongo and that will change.
I just remember thinking to myself watching that game against the Ducks that we won in a SO.. Palffy would've never let that game get to O.T. if he had a clear cut breakaway like Demitra did.

Old
12-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
I just remember thinking to myself watching that game against the Ducks that we won in a SO.. Palffy would've never let that game get to O.T. if he had a clear cut breakaway like Demitra did.
Are you sure about that?

Demitra is much better on breakaways that Palffy. I remember him scoring on very few

Old
12-31-2005, 11:02 AM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Tambellini and a pick.
Not in a million years. I, too, would have preferred if Ziggy had stayed. But I'm not about to give up valuable assets for something we don't need.
Guys, we don't need more scoring. We're one of the highest scoring teams in the league. B1tch and whine about the players we have all you want, but them's the facts. We can flat-out score.
Now, Tambellini and a pick for Gonchar I'd at least consider, because we DO need better defensemen. I'm not sure if this is the one we'd want, but at least it would address a NEED.

Old
12-31-2005, 12:37 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
"I expected to be on top."
"I coulda been somebody. I coulda been a contender"

Old
12-31-2005, 01:02 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:

Palffy is so much more predictable on breakaways than Demitra. I remember getting so frustrated with Ziggy because he would ALWAYS go five hole.

Old
12-31-2005, 01:24 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
Now, Tambellini and a pick for Gonchar I'd at least consider, because we DO need better defensemen. I'm not sure if this is the one we'd want, but at least it would address a NEED.
Tambs for Gonchar would be a terrible move for the Kings. I wouldn't even do Gonchar for future considerations.

Old
12-31-2005, 01:32 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
Tambs for Gonchar would be a terrible move for the Kings. I wouldn't even do Gonchar for future considerations.
Exactly!

Gonchar got his lunch ticket, and now he's riding it out. He's been disgraceful in Pitt.

Old
12-31-2005, 01:40 PM
PACaptain

I'm a Pens fan but I think Demitra is a better player than Palffy. At least the Palffy that we have in Pittsburgh. To be fair, he has been playing much better lately on a line with Tomas Surovy and Sidney Crosby. I'm still disappointed at the lack of impact he has had with the Pens. Ziggy gets his points but Sidney is the catalyst of pretty much all of our offense. He's been very much a complimentary player...a very good one though.

Old
12-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
That's not the Palffy that was in L.A. HE created just about every scoring opportunity, and he always had the complimentary players around him.

Old
12-31-2005, 01:52 PM
johnjm22

30 Year Old Demitra > 33 Year Old Palffy.

And Demitra doesn't get injured as much.

If I had a choice between signing only one this off season, it would have been Demitra all the way.

Old
12-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
Not in a million years. I, too, would have preferred if Ziggy had stayed. But I'm not about to give up valuable assets for something we don't need.
You missed the joke, Sybil. That was the requisite "somebody and a pick" offer. I guess it's not old enough to be unaccompanied by smilies.

Old
12-31-2005, 02:46 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
You missed the joke, Sybil. That was the requisite "somebody and a pick" offer. I guess it's not old enough to be unaccompanied by smilies.
Osprey and a pick for Palffy

Old
12-31-2005, 03:25 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Osprey and a pick for Palffy
done! where do i sign?

just kidding osprey...

12-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
done! where do i sign?
I don't know about signing, but I can show you where you can stick the pen

just kidding jfont...

Old
12-31-2005, 05:12 PM
wupmasta2000

No way I trade Tambellini for Palffy.

If Pitts wants a salary dump, then the Kings can pick him up. But, I wouldn't trade a quality youngster like that for Palffy, UNLESS the Kings were SERIOUS about making a run for the Cup.

And, to be honest, I don't think the Kings believe they are going to make a real push for the Cup this year. If so, you wouldn't hear biatching like, "We're capped out" coming from management, when in fact they are 4 million under.

And, Demitra is WAY better than Ziggy is on break aways.

I love Ziggy, and I was hurt when he left. I would love to have him back, but Pitts is going to have to bend over if they want to trade him.

Old
12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

IF there was the possibility to bring Palffy back, I think the team would be better served saving their money to acquire a #1 center. Roenick, Luc and Val Bure's contracts will be removed, giving the team about over $7M in cap room (and more if the cap shifts from $39.5M to over $42M).

Some prospects may be ready to step in next season, and the Kings will have some room and flexibility to make some significant additions. A guy like Palffy would help, but the Kings already have Demitra who is younger and just as good and less fragile (and in better condition).

Next season the Kings will have Frolov, Demitra, Conroy, Cammalleri, Belanger, Avery, Brown, Armstrong, Parros up front with the possibility of Kanko and/or Tambellini stepping in.
I'm not sure of the contract status of Cowan and Kostopoulos, but I do know that Eric Belanger and Michael Cammalleri have to be re-signed.

All the Kings need to do is make one significant addition up front, and adding a top line center can make a huge difference. I am comfortable with Frolov, Demitra, Cammalleri as top line wingers, and hopefully by next season, one of Brown or Tambellini will be ready to provide steady offense from the second scoring line.

It is time to stop looking at the past (Palffy) and to look forward to the present and future.

Old
12-31-2005, 05:36 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
IF there was the possibility to bring Palffy back, I think the team would be better served saving their money to acquire a #1 center. Roenick, Luc and Val Bure's contracts will be removed, giving the team about over $7M in cap room (and more if the cap shifts from $39.5M to over $42M).

Some prospects may be ready to step in next season, and the Kings will have some room and flexibility to make some significant additions. A guy like Palffy would help, but the Kings already have Demitra who is younger and just as good and less fragile (and in better condition).

Next season the Kings will have Frolov, Demitra, Conroy, Cammalleri, Belanger, Avery, Brown, Armstrong, Parros up front with the possibility of Kanko and/or Tambellini stepping in.
I'm not sure of the contract status of Cowan and Kostopoulos, but I do know that Eric Belanger and Michael Cammalleri have to be re-signed.

All the Kings need to do is make one significant addition up front, and adding a top line center can make a huge difference. I am comfortable with Frolov, Demitra, Cammalleri as top line wingers, and hopefully by next season, one of Brown or Tambellini will be ready to provide steady offense from the second scoring line.

It is time to stop looking at the past (Palffy) and to look forward to the present and future.
Great post. Agree completely.

Jokinen would be a nice welcome back addition, and would fit in real nice. I'd make it a point to sign him. Not a Richards fan, but I can see us making a push for him also.

Old
12-31-2005, 06:29 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Great post. Agree completely.

Jokinen would be a nice welcome back addition, and would fit in real nice. I'd make it a point to sign him. Not a Richards fan, but I can see us making a push for him also.

I would bust a nut if we got Richards!!!!!

Old
12-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
You'd rather have Jokinen over Richards? I like Olli as well, but Richards is younger and has a Conn Smythe under his belt. He can also man the point on the PP and is one of the best playmakers in the game and also has quite an underrated shot as well (and contrary to popular belief, Richards takes a lot of shots on goal).

Richards registered 62 points his first two seasons in the league and in 03-04 had 26 goals and 79 points in 82 games. He had 26 points in 24 games in the playoffs to win the Conn Smythe.

I think Brad has been playing in the shadow of Lecavalier ever since their days as teammates on the Oceanic. Richards has always been considered to be Lecavalier's teammate. Tampa Bay might have some difficulty retaining Richards and a lot of teams will be lining up with offers to Jay Feaster during the off-season.

Jokinen is having a great season and I was disappointed when the Kings had to add him to acquire Palffy, and I'd be happy to have either Olli or Richards. But if I had a choice, it would have to be Richards. He's the type of player that makes his teammates around him better.

Closed Thread