HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#24-- Flyers’ right wing excelling after almost retiring

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2006, 05:29 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
#24-- Flyers’ right wing excelling after almost retiring

Quote:

“Over the summer we talked a few times on the phone and he reassured me that it was too early and he knows what I’m going through right now, but he was guaranteeing that in a couple years I would still feel like I could play but it would be too late to come back,” said Kapanen. “At the same time, I talked to my dad and my family. At that point it was too late to come back and play in the World Cup. I was asked to join the team, but I didn’t feel like I was physically ready or emotionally. I didn’t think I was there yet at that time. I just got reloaded and I’m happy to play right now.”

Of course, there is still one thing that motivates Kapanen more than anything else, and that is the chance to get his name on the Stanley Cup.

“Every one of us, we’ve been putting up a lot of years and hours and injuries and sweat to win the Cup. Some of the guys have been lucky enough to be a part of a winning team. It hasn’t been my time yet, and I think to win something this is the organization to win in,” he said.

Sunday, January 01, 2006
Flyers

Closed Thread