HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Spada and McCreary in NYR/PITT Game-Unsportsmanlike Before OT...BEST and Worst Refs

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2005, 03:46 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepitinPitt
I have no sympathy. The Pens have gone into OT shorthanded at least four times. Besides, who knows what was said or done leading to the penalty.
Was it a result of having a ref that has a purse and a skirt and not being able to handle complaining by players?

Old
12-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Crease

If you're going to call Malik there, you gotta call Crosby for the 18,273 times he's *****ed and complained about calls this year.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Bad calls are part of the game. That said, there is a difference between a bad call and making a call when play has stopped that is a potentially game deciding penalty. Young guy should toughen up his skin and keep the whistle in his pocket. You can't decide a game like that.

12-31-2005, 04:00 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Rags 3 for 9 on PP
Pens 3 for 9 on PP

Rags fans are bitter because they were outplayed 5 on 5 the entire game.

Pens 39 SOG
Rags 19 SOG

Pens are a much better team with the new coaching staff.

2-2-2

22 GF
21 GA

PIT 4 NYR 3 OT
PIT 6 NJD 2
TOR 3 PIT 2 OT
PHI 5 PIT 4
BUF 4 PIT 3
BUF 4 PIT 3 OT
Not to really get involved here...but 75% of your shots came on the Powerplayers. Including 7 shots in OT in the 3 1/2 of PP time.

5 on 5 was even IMO, you can give youself the edge though if you want because of shots.

And 4 losses in 6 games isnt a "much better team" IMO.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease29
If you're going to call Malik there, you gotta call Crosby for the 18,273 times he's *****ed and complained about calls this year.
He has been called for unsportmanlike conduct. In fact, it happened in the Flyers game where he was high sticked by Hatcher. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Crease

It's called selectivity. You can't call Malik in that situation if you let all the other *****ing and complaining go all game long. You give another team the powerplay to start OT for something that could easily not have been called.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Not to really get involved here...but 75% of your shots came on the Powerplayers. Including 7 shots in OT in the 3 1/2 of PP time.
It was 8, and even without OT it's still 31 - 19.

Quote:
5 on 5 was even IMO, you can give youself the edge though if you want because of shots.
Your kidding right? Rags had 4 SOG in the 2nd, and 4 SOG in the 3rd. At least 3 Rags Fans in your own GDT made comments on being outplayed 5 on 5. Denial is not healthy.

Quote:
And 4 losses in 6 games isnt a "much better team" IMO.
As you found out today.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:47 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
It was 8, and even without OT it's still 31 - 19.

Your kidding right? Rags had 4 SOG in the 2nd, and 4 SOG in the 3rd. At least 3 Rags Fans in your own GDT made comments on being outplayed 5 on 5. Denial is not healthy.

As you found out today.

Wow, Pens had a total of 7 shots in the 2nd, and 5 of them came on that 5 on 3 you had, so you had what..2 ES shots on goal in the 2nd? Then in the 3rd you had another 5 on 3 where you got off about 4 shots on, 75% of your shots came on the PP, you didnt play any better then we did 5 on 5. Stop being such a homer and open your eyes up.

And if you outworked us so bad on 5 on 5 how come you only have 1 ES goal to show for it? And that was in the first 1 minute of the game. But yea...you guys sure did dominate us 5 on 5

Old
12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice
Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see so many Ranger trolls on our board after the win. The Penguins are just starting to resemble an NHL team and the Rangers have had a good start to the season. Not sure of the reason for all the trolling on our GDT. I guess things are getting tense in Gotham.
The Pens fans came into our board and ended up trolling to close a few threads. Maturity in the key word lacking here.

Old
12-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

vCash: 422
This is pathetic.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
12-31-2005, 05:49 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Best and worst refs, anyone...Bueller...

Old
12-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Jaded-Fan

I have a better thread. Why is it that every time the Pens actually outplay a team and win a game does it have to be the 'Refs stole the game from us.' Granted this first half a year it has not happened often that we have outplayed the opposition though the second half looks far more promising. But every time.

Suck it up and take a loss like a man, you all lost and had your butts handed to you. In this game. I was there and despite the score it was not even close. The shot totals are reflective of how dominated the Rags were. Does that mean the next game the Pens play, or the next Pens Rags game even, will not be the opposite? Could very well happen. Hell, the last Rags game against us we were not even close to ever in it. This game was the exact opposite. What I do know however is that when we lost that last game to the Rags there were no threads like this from Pens fans. Or pages of whining about how the game was stolen from us or how 'Prucha dove, Prucha dove.' My god, some of what makes it to these boards is amazing.

Old
12-31-2005, 05:58 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
I have a better thread. Why is it that every time the Pens actually outplay a team and win a game does it have to be the 'Refs stole the game from us.' Granted this first half a year it has not happened often that we have outplayed the opposition though the second half looks far more promising. But every time.

Suck it up and take a loss like a man, you all lost and had your butts handed to you. In this game. I was there and it was not even close. Does that mean the next game the Pens play, or the next Pens Rags game even, will not be the opposite? Could very well happen. Hell, the last Rags game against us we were not even close to ever in it. This game was the exact opposite. What I do know however is that when we lost that last game to the Rags there were no threads like this from Pens fans. Or pages of whining about how the game was stolen from us or how 'Prucha dove, Prucha dove.' My god, some of what makes it to these boards is amazing.

4-3 OT Win...seems pretty close to me

Old
12-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan

Suck it up and take a loss like a man, you all lost and had your butts handed to you. In this game. I was there and despite the score it was not even close. The shot totals are reflective of how dominated the Rags were. Does that mean the next game the Pens play, or the next Pens Rags game even, will not be the opposite? Could very well happen. Hell, the last Rags game against us we were not even close to ever in it. This game was the exact opposite. What I do know however is that when we lost that last game to the Rags there were no threads like this from Pens fans. Or pages of whining about how the game was stolen from us or how 'Prucha dove, Prucha dove.' My god, some of what makes it to these boards is amazing.
You are dealing on this thread with an NYR homer who shall remain nameless, what do you expect?

Anyone who watches hockey outside of their beloved HOMETEAM knows that the Pens are playing better hockey under their new coach and starting to compete. Difference between this team from just a couple of weeks ago is large, stupid stats notwithstanding.

Old
12-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
4-3 OT Win...seems pretty close to me

As I said, I was there and the score is not indicative of how much better the Pens were than the Rags. On this day, this game. Just exactly the opposite of what happened the last time these two played. Whether a few bounces went in more that last game or not does not change the fact that in that game we could do nothing and most of the play was in our end. Today was the opposite. Absent the PP we lived in the Rags zone. On any given day sort of thing. Only difference is the fact that we can give credit for you all having a good game . . . a good year for that matter. Seems impossible to get anything similar back though. It was the "refs." Yeah right, that is insulting to us, but so be it. Win the next game decidedly and I will be the first to give credit where it is due.

Old
12-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
Crosby dove and got away with it.
Thats shocking!

Old
12-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Crease

But I though Crosby diving was just a myth...

Old
01-01-2006, 02:38 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
You are dealing on this thread with an NYR homer who shall remain nameless, what do you expect?

Anyone who watches hockey outside of their beloved HOMETEAM knows that the Pens are playing better hockey under their new coach and starting to compete. Difference between this team from just a couple of weeks ago is large, stupid stats notwithstanding.

Hey homer, don't comment if you didnt watch the game k?

Old
01-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Bobby Orr's Knees

The calls were horrendous. But as an unbias fan, I didn't have a problem with the outcome - the Pens were just a little bit better, and deserved to win.

Re: Crosby. It's getting to the point where watching Crosby is becoming less enjoyable because of his diving and yapping at the refs. Someone needs to sit him down and tell him that this is not the way to build a devoted following among the fans. It's definitely not the way to earn other players' respect.

Old
01-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Orr's Knees
The calls were horrendous. But as an unbias fan, I didn't have a problem with the outcome - the Pens were just a little bit better, and deserved to win.

Re: Crosby. It's getting to the point where watching Crosby is becoming less enjoyable because of his diving and yapping at the refs. Someone needs to sit him down and tell him that this is not the way to build a devoted following among the fans. It's definitely not the way to earn other players' respect.
As a Pens fan, I agree on both points.

The Pens deserved 2 points, refs or no refs.

But Sidney's behaviour is reeaally becoming annoying.

Back to the topic at hand.. Yes, the refs were horrible, IMO. But they've been that way for a large number of games.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:04 PM
LoonieToon

Folks, what's going on with Crosby? I made a point to watch the game yesterday to see the kid play. He is an amazing talent for sure, but his behavior is starting to overshadow his play. The mouth that keeps on running...

Isn't there someone in the Pens organization that can give him some guidance? Maybe Gretzky or Messier can talk to him? It's freakin' embarrassing for the NHL to have their new poster boy complain endlessly to the refs.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
As a Pens fan, I agree on both points.

The Pens deserved 2 points, refs or no refs.

But Sidney's behaviour is reeaally becoming annoying.

Back to the topic at hand.. Yes, the refs were horrible, IMO. But they've been that way for a large number of games.
This is a great post to see. A Pens fan finally agreeing that Crosby is reaching very annoying hights.

A+ unbiased post.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

vCash: 422
The only thing that does more whining than Sidey Crosby is Ranger fans.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:45 PM
LoonieToon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
The only thing that does more whining than Sidey Crosby is Ranger fans.
Fans of ALL teams complain about officiating -- especially after particularly poorly officiated games. When the Thrash gets screwed by the refs, I complain too.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:48 PM
BigE

It's the same guys, whining about the same things - all the damn time.

Some refs are good, some are bad, and some take things one step further, being really bad. What does complaining on here do? It just makes you look like a jackass - but hey, to each his own.

Some of these Rag fans are starting to sound an awful lot like Leaf fans, and that is very disturbing.

Closed Thread