HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: 12/31/05 Rangers at Penguins - 1 PM (MSG, WABC 770)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Official GDT: 12/31/05 Rangers at Penguins - 1 PM (MSG, WABC 770)

Ill add some as well as repeat.

Good Things:
-Tyutin on the Point. This is just what he needs, he can gain confidence up there which hopefully will improve is overall game.
-Lundqvist was a beast again, no real surprise there. If Weekes was in net we would not have walked out of the game with a point.
-Hossa, he kinda looked good out there...but then there was that shift where he lost his stick and then all interest of the game went out of him as he took 10 seconds to slowly skate to the bench.
-Lundqvist. Yes i had to just bring his name up twice.
-You say Malik..and I add the name Strudwick...this guy has been so SOLID every game. He never messes up, never takes a penalty, sticks up for the team....GREAT GREAT pickup in the offseason.

Bad Things:
-Rosz, he cannot string a few solid games together anymore. Im not going to blame him for the loss because it was a lot of bad luck but he didnt didnt impress me in his overall game tonight.
-Drats, i've been a big supporter of him all season but today he played HORRIBLE. The trip to hartford didnt help, if he plays like that again next game I say send him down for a a week or 2. He really did look like an AHLer tonight.

Ok, since the GDT was randomly closed and I had some responses I wanted to make, I'll start a new one.

This quote was from FLY, I noticed that exact samething with Hossa. He randomly drops his stick (wasn't broken), looks completly dejected as if he just tunred over the puck which led to the Game 7 game winning goal, skates mum to the bench and sits like a lump on a log. It just seemed like the most random thing ever.

Drats is a rookie as FLY has been preaching all year and he just needs reps, that's all there is too it. He shows flashes, and at the sametime he makes some terrible mistakes. But I think he's gonna be a good one.

And how good as Struds been, wow, what a quality pick up he was.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Ill add some as well as repeat.

Good Things:
-Tyutin on the Point. This is just what he needs, he can gain confidence up there which hopefully will improve is overall game.
-Lundqvist was a beast again, no real surprise there. If Weekes was in net we would not have walked out of the game with a point.
-Hossa, he kinda looked good out there...but then there was that shift where he lost his stick and then all interest of the game went out of him as he took 10 seconds to slowly skate to the bench.
-Lundqvist. Yes i had to just bring his name up twice.
-You say Malik..and I add the name Strudwick...this guy has been so SOLID every game. He never messes up, never takes a penalty, sticks up for the team....GREAT GREAT pickup in the offseason.

Bad Things:
-Rosz, he cannot string a few solid games together anymore. Im not going to blame him for the loss because it was a lot of bad luck but he didnt didnt impress me in his overall game tonight.
-Drats, i've been a big supporter of him all season but today he played HORRIBLE. The trip to hartford didnt help, if he plays like that again next game I say send him down for a a week or 2. He really did look like an AHLer tonight.

Ok, since the GDT was randomly closed and I had some responses I wanted to make, I'll start a new one.

This quote was from FLY, I noticed that exact samething with Hossa. He randomly drops his stick (wasn't broken), looks completly dejected as if he just tunred over the puck which led to the Game 7 game winning goal, skates mum to the bench and sits like a lump on a log. It just seemed like the most random thing ever.

Drats is a rookie as FLY has been preaching all year and he just needs reps, that's all there is too it. He shows flashes, and at the sametime he makes some terrible mistakes. But I think he's gonna be a good one.

And how good as Struds been, wow, what a quality pick up he was.

No argument here on that, I just didnt like his overall game today, usually he looks like he is trying his best but he makes mistakes(which is fine, like you said hes a rookie), today he just didnt look interested like he usually does. Maybe he started drinking a little early today

Old
12-31-2005, 03:46 PM
NYR2

Okay can we please not get THIS one closed too?

Anyway, I totally missed that thing with Hossa. Maybe him and Max need to go back to Hartford?

Old
12-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
No argument here on that, I just didnt like his overall game today, usually he looks like he is trying his best but he makes mistakes(which is fine, like you said hes a rookie), today he just didnt look interested like he usually does. Maybe he started drinking a little early today
hahah or maybe he was tired from the Pack getting destroyed the other night...OR he was mad about his demotion. But you're right, he didnt seem into it. But at the sametime, that is also kind of his style, Tyutin also appears not to be into it.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:34 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

If Tyutin isn't on the point until he looks like he shouldn't be on the point then I don't know what Renney's thinking. He did today more than all of our D men on the power play have done combined all season. He had some shots blocked but passed well and that game tying goal was thing of beauty. BTW, that save by Lundqvist late in the game after the Pens went up 3-2, was pretty much the same play that happened in Game 7 of the finals against Vancouver, although it hit the post there (I don't remember if Richter got a piece of it), that has to make Barry Melrose's save of the game. Big save that gave us a point. In fact that's one of the best saves of the season. That 3rd goal by Pittsburgh is too bad as the guy shanked it but Lundqvist didn't see the puck. He had a great game but the whistle happy refs gave the Pens 2 5 on 3s and 1 4 on 3 and that as "The road less traveled" says made all the difference.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Good synopsis but Hossa was certainly not a good thing. I've had enough of him already. If you took a still picture of Hossa on the move, he'd be amazing. But he's just not a useful hockey player. Someone recently said, well if you gave him Prucha's heart and hustle yikes. Not so. Even then he still has terrible puck skills. I take a look at Betts who is more defensive than a physical guy ala Hollweg. But he manages to finish his checks EVERY time. If I see Hossa curl away and not take the body one more time Im gonna die.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:42 PM
SML

Did the post that got the last GDT closed get deleted? I don't see anytihng that was offsides to warrant that.

Old
12-31-2005, 04:46 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
If Tyutin isn't on the point until he looks like he shouldn't be on the point then I don't know what Renney's thinking. He did today more than all of our D men on the power play have done combined all season. He had some shots blocked but passed well and that game tying goal was thing of beauty. BTW, that save by Lundqvist late in the game after the Pens went up 3-2, was pretty much the same play that happened in Game 7 of the finals against Vancouver, although it hit the post there (I don't remember if Richter got a piece of it), that has to make Barry Melrose's save of the game. Big save that gave us a point. In fact that's one of the best saves of the season. That 3rd goal by Pittsburgh is too bad as the guy shanked it but Lundqvist didn't see the puck. He had a great game but the whistle happy refs gave the Pens 2 5 on 3s and 1 4 on 3 and that as "The road less traveled" says made all the difference.
That's a little unfair. Poti has been very good the last few weeks especially on the PP. Sure, we want him to shoot a little more but as I said in the NYI game thread, he would not have taken that shot he scored on in that game earlier in the season. He is regaining his confidence and NO ONE can take away his passing ability...

EDIT: And oh yeah, agree with others, other than taking 2 shots, Hossa was same old same old, looks like his consistency or lack thereof, is no different than when in Montreal...

Old
12-31-2005, 04:51 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
That's a little unfair. Poti has been very good the last few weeks especially on the PP. Sure, we want him to shoot a little more but as I said in the NYI game thread, he would not have taken that shot he scored on in that game earlier in the season. He is regaining his confidence and NO ONE can take away his passing ability...

EDIT: And oh yeah, agree with others, other than taking 2 shots, Hossa was same old same old, looks like his consistency or lack thereof, is no different than when in Montreal...
Well yeah he's been much better but the PP unit just looked smooth with Tyutin and if he can score a few more like he did today he and Poti should be the guys on the #1 and #2 units (Renney's decision on who should be on what unit).

Old
12-31-2005, 04:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Still need another physical player on the blueline. Kaspar can't do it alone. Struds has been surprisingly good, but he's not exactly a hitter back there.

12-31-2005, 04:55 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Still need another physical player on the blueline. Kaspar can't do it alone. Struds has been surprisingly good, but he's not exactly a hitter back there.
Agree 110%.

Old
12-31-2005, 05:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Yep. I've always said our d-men need to be more physical. Anyway for next game I say scratch Marcel, get Orr in and Rucchin for Ville:
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Rucchin-Rucinsky
Ortmeyer-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Orr

Old
12-31-2005, 05:19 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Yep. I've always said our d-men need to be more physical. Anyway for next game I say scratch Marcel, get Orr in and Rucchin for Ville:
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Rucchin-Rucinsky
Ortmeyer-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Orr
For tampa? I disagree. For the game after..Philly...I agree.

Old
12-31-2005, 05:20 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Rucchin-Rucinsky
Ortmeyer-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Orr
You should consider changing your handle to "Scratch (blank), Play Orr..."

Just think of all the time you could save...

J/K

Old
12-31-2005, 06:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
For tampa? I disagree. For the game after..Philly...I agree.
I think Orr should be a regular he's more useful than Ville and Marcel.

Old
12-31-2005, 06:30 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
your right hes not exactly a hitter but he does a great job of intimidating people and letting his presence be known. in the beginning of the year i was totally again struddy playing for the team but he is a really great player to have on the club, almost like our jed of the defense

Old
12-31-2005, 06:47 PM
shoothepuck

Move over Poti, what took you half a season to do, Tyutin does in 1 game. Hossa needs to spent a month in Hartford. Strudwick looked good on D, maybe he can replace Rozival for a few games.

Old
12-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Fletch

What do you mean, shootthepuck?

Tyutin played 60 minutes on the PP (the point) prior to today's gand and registered four points and one goal, four total points. So it's not like this was his first day on the PP. Actually, Poti has twice the amount of PP ice time, and has more than twice the points. Given all that, I don't understand what you're saying. Maybe I'm missing something.

Old
12-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Shadowtron

I swear our performance against this team is becoming cliche. The Pens could be 0-81 on the season and play the 81-0 Rangers the last game of the season and they'd come away 1-81!! Man, i can't stand playing this team!

Closed Thread