HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Me: Prucha better than Crosby

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2005, 09:37 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Nice going. What a way to draw all these Penguin fans over here again. Anyway there's little doubt that Crosby's the better player but you never know what the future will bring. Crosby's come in with the kind of hype that Lindros did and not that it's all Eric's fault (circumstances can change things) but sometimes things don't work out the way that you think they should. What I will say for Prucha is that there seem to be a few areas at least in which he matches up very well with Crosby and one would be the go for broke mentality. Petr has great instincts and he acts on them. He comes to play and play hard. He buries his chances. And he has fun. The one problem I have with Crosby (and put it down as jealousy if you like) is in the situation in Pittsburgh he's found himself in he seems to be acquiring some of the same unfortunate aspects of Lemieux and his somewhat spoiled personality. Too bad he didn't wind up in Columbus.

Old
12-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Edge

I like Prucha but I just don't see it.

Yes Crosby is overhyped and yes it can be annoying, but the thing that seems to be overlooked is that he is still an 18 year old kid (and a relatively late birthday) who is still on pace for 40 goals, and around 90 points. We're not talking about an Alexandre Daigle like rookie season here.

Pitts has been an disaster of Ranger proportions this season and Crosby despite his icetime is producing. You can make all the comparisons you want about icetime but the fact is its also a double edged sword. Prucha has had the chance to fly under the radar a lot while Crosby has had a target on his back from day one.

Prucha has grit and he can finish, but he also doesn't have an abundance of assists right now.

Perhaps the only fair judge would be to put both players on the same team and see the results. I think if Crosby were a Ranger his numbers would be even bigger (imagine him working with Jagr).

There's nothing wrong with Prucha but the team he's playing on, his age and other factors have to be a consideration. They are just about even in goals, Prucha has less icetime, but Crosby has played in more situations ( and not all of them are measured in putting a point on the board) and is way ahead in assists if you want to look strictly at points.

To point to Crosby's whiney behavior is to look at guys named Wayne, Mario and even our very own pouty MVP right winger.

Old
12-31-2005, 10:45 PM
mhurley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease29
Sidney is light-years ahead of Prucha and will be for the rest of his career. That being said, I rather have Prucha on this team simply because I don't like the attitude Crosby plays with. He works hard yes, but he doesn't play with class.

He's a punk.

Old
12-31-2005, 11:01 PM
tom_servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge

Yes Crosby is overhyped and yes it can be annoying, but the thing that seems to be overlooked is that he is still an 18 year old kid (and a relatively late birthday) who is still on pace for 40 goals, and around 90 points. We're not talking about an Alexandre Daigle like rookie season here.

Pitts has been an disaster of Ranger proportions this season and Crosby despite his icetime is producing. You can make all the comparisons you want about icetime but the fact is its also a double edged sword. Prucha has had the chance to fly under the radar a lot while Crosby has had a target on his back from day one.

Prucha has grit and he can finish, but he also doesn't have an abundance of assists right now.

Perhaps the only fair judge would be to put both players on the same team and see the results. I think if Crosby were a Ranger his numbers would be even bigger (imagine him working with Jagr).

There's nothing wrong with Prucha but the team he's playing on, his age and other factors have to be a consideration. They are just about even in goals, Prucha has less icetime, but Crosby has played in more situations ( and not all of them are measured in putting a point on the board) and is way ahead in assists if you want to look strictly at points.

To point to Crosby's whiney behavior is to look at guys named Wayne, Mario and even our very own pouty MVP right winger.
An excellent, unbiased post.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:59 AM
kytem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley

He's a punk.
Smoke some more ganja.

Old
01-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis
Petr Prucha is an outstanding young player who is only starting to get some recognition now. He may very well be a 35-40 goal scorer, but he is not a better player, right now or (dare I delve into the future) ever. Simply put, Prucha does not have nearly the same ability to dominate a game as completely as Crosby. Although it is the popular thing to do, to "hate" Sidney Crosby because he is one of the best young talents of the past decade, at some point a line should be drawn.

This is not to say Prucha isn't great. He is. Just because another player is better than another doesn't mean that the second player is bad.

Nice facts, moron. Prucha owns Crosby's' whining cryababy ***. Prucha is #1 in the entire league, not just rooikes, the ENTIRE league in minutes per goal. Thanks. Argument over. Crosby does nothing in the defensive zone. Prucha hustles 100% every shift. Prucha is way more valuable to the Rangers than Crosby is to the Penguins THUS FAR.

Old
01-01-2006, 03:42 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-NYR-9968
Nice facts, moron. Prucha owns Crosby's' whining cryababy ***. Prucha is #1 in the entire league, not just rooikes, the ENTIRE league in minutes per goal. Thanks. Argument over. Crosby does nothing in the defensive zone. Prucha hustles 100% every shift. Prucha is way more valuable to the Rangers than Crosby is to the Penguins THUS FAR.
haaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh i love being drunk and raeding druank post!!!!! I agree man!

Old
01-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Le Golie

This is right up there with the most symbolic HF threads of all time. Once in a while, a thread pops up that will be remembered and passed on from HF generation to HF generation. First there was Skoula and Lidstrom. Then there was Kilger and Gretzky. Then along came the Evgeny Malkin beard thread. And now behold, Petr Prucha is better than Sidney Crosby.

I can't believe I stumbled upon this goldmine. Priceless.

Old
01-01-2006, 09:00 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Petr Prucha is an outstanding young player who is only starting to get some recognition now. He may very well be a 35-40 goal scorer, but he is not a better player, right now or (dare I delve into the future) ever. Simply put, Prucha does not have nearly the same ability to dominate a game as completely as Crosby. Although it is the popular thing to do, to "hate" Sidney Crosby because he is one of the best young talents of the past decade, at some point a line should be drawn.

This is not to say Prucha isn't great. He is. Just because another player is better than another doesn't mean that the second player is bad.
10/10 Excellent post.

Old
01-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Fletch

Edge...

I actually think that for the right now, Prucha's the player, and believe 99% that by next season, or even perhaps by March, I'll be singing a different tune. I think the original post was for the now and today, which I believe you disagree with. I understand the issue with assists, but this Rangers second line is quite pitiful, and Prucha seems to be burying his chances. The kid's on pace for 40 goals, and this is a kid who was playing 7 minutes to start the season, playing in Hartford, and still, on many nights, plays 12-13 minutes, and he's have 20+ if he was out there for a couple of those empty net chances. And my main reason for picking him today, besides believing his defense is a bit better right now, is that December would've been a wash for the Rangers without Prucha - and it was a olot of Prucha doing his thing on his own, not Jagr-passed tap-ins.

Now, realistically, if someone asked if I'd trade Prucha for Crosby, I'd naturally say absolutely, but that wasn't the original thought in this thread, I believe. To me, also, when looking at right now and what's been done between the two, I don't care about age. I just think Prucha's been the right player for the Rangers to help them get to where they are currently, all else (including players on the roster) being equal. If I'm building a team, that's a different story.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:42 PM
92hatchattack

I still wouldnt trade Prucha for Crosby. Prucha can hold his own and take care of himself. Crosby is a little kid that needs to be pampered and babysat. We dont need no whinny kids in new york.

Granted.... Crosby is an outstanding player.....hes better than Prucha....he really is.......but Ovechkin blows them both out of the water... thats a kid that plays HARD

Old
01-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Fletch

the problem is, Crosby will grow up.

Old
01-01-2006, 01:11 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
But honestly, this shouldn't even be a discussion. Crosby is, and most likely always will be, a better player than Prucha. But that doesn't take away from the player Prucha is or what he's done for this team.
as mentioned before excellent post and says exactly how most tri state hockey fans [NYI-NJ-NYR] who watch all 3 teams would think

01-01-2006, 01:12 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Although it is the popular thing to do, to "hate" Sidney Crosby because he is one of the best young talents of the past decade, at some point a line should be drawn.
No one hates Crosby because he's an amazing player, which he is.

Everyone hates him because he's a girly little *****.

Old
01-01-2006, 01:15 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge

Great post, Edge.

We can only hope that Golden Boy mellows out like Wayne did. If he turns out anything like Mr. Whine himself, Mary-O, then I will hate him for his entire career.

Old
01-01-2006, 01:29 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen
As an aside:

I love some of Pitt's young talent. It looks far superior to ours, at least at this level. And that doesn't include Malkin.

I think they need Lemieux's shadow to disappear for them to grow, much like we needed Messier's shadow to disappear in order to grow.

Of course Pitt has some great young players. They've have top 5 picks for years now. Also they've traded players for picks and prospects and have been in a rebuild forever.

Old
01-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Of course Pitt has some great young players. They've have top 5 picks for years now. Also they've traded players for picks and prospects and have been in a rebuild forever.
4 years is forever?

Old
01-01-2006, 02:07 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

how does Crosby play with no class? how is he punk?
those are serious Qs i really wanna know why so many ppl hate him...

Old
01-01-2006, 02:10 PM
BigE

Sorry Singin'...

my last was deleted - couldn't help myself.

As far as the Crosby "classless" opinions go I'm somewhat in agreement, however, you guys must realize two things:

1.) He's 18 and will mature. He's hardly an adult for cryin' out loud - he lacks experience, and oozes exuberance.

2.) Everybody is on him: the players, the coaches, the media, the fans. When the play stops the cameras follow Sid the Kid. When he's not even on the ice, the cameras are on him. Track any other player like that and you're bound to see some lippy **** going on.

Just imagine if you will a camera on Malik last night, and you might begin to see my point.

Old
01-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I think Chosen is pointing to guys like Talbot, Ouellet, Surovy, Goligoski, and a lot of guys that were either shocking picks where they were picked (Goligoski) and picked very late (the others) and that now seem like legitimate NHLers or on the way.
The Penguins have drafted well the last 4 to 5 years and it's starting to make an impact.
Sure the obvious are the 4 main guys, Whitney, Malkin, Fleury and Crosby, but the core around is impressive.
Every team passed on Noah Welch for instance. He'd be a first rounder now.

Old
01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
I think Chosen is pointing to guys like Talbot, Ouellet, Surovy, Goligoski, and a lot of guys that were either shocking picks where they were picked (Goligoski) and picked very late (the others) and that now seem like legitimate NHLers or on the way.
The Penguins have drafted well the last 4 to 5 years and it's starting to make an impact.
Sure the obvious are the 4 main guys, Whitney, Malkin, Fleury and Crosby, but the core around is impressive.
Every team passed on Noah Welch for instance. He'd be a first rounder now.
While I don't think that Surovy will ever be a really legitimate NHLer, I think that Ouellet will be great. Talbot looks decent also.

I've been watching Goligoski forever, and to be honest, he reminds of of Andy Delmore. Now, for the Pens sake hopefully he will translate better in the NHL but I have been less than impressed with him in the NCAA.

Old
01-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Evilo

Well Surovy's first NHL season got him 11 points in 26 games on the third line. The following season, he got 23 points in 47 games on that third line.
This year, he has 8 points in 8 games including 6 goals. The guy can score at any level, and I think scoring at a 0.5 PPG clip in his short NHL career while playing most of his games on third line with few icetime is very impressive.
As for Goli, NCAA fans rave about him (check the NCAA forum) and compare him with Rafalski. He had an impressive freshman career by all accounts.
Other considerations in recent picks could be Christensen, Filewich, Nick Johnson, Matt Moulson, Bissonnette, Gopfert or Duba.
All of these have been picked later than the second round.

Old
01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Draft Guru

The previous thread was closed for a reason. And then it just gets started right up again??

Old
01-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Rk Name Team Games Goals Asst Pts +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG SOG PPA SHA
3 Sidney Crosby 37 19 23 42 -4 46 7 0 2 122 9 0
4 Petr Prucha 33 18 4 22 +2 12 9 0 2 74 2 0
Petr Prucha is the man in my eyes, and my favorite young player in the NHL. However i wont be Prucha biased, look at the numbers, Crosby has 20 more points, you cant say that he isn't better offensively. his +/- opens the debate that he is not so spectacular in the defensive zone though, Prucha has more PPG's and he has score 18-74 for 24% and Crosby is at 19-122 for 15%. Right now it seems that points wise Crosby is better, but effectiveness while on the ice goes to Prucha, he plays a lot less minutes roughly 12 a game, more lately, and Crosby plays about 20. Anyway i said i wouldnt be biased, i guess i was a little bit, but go Prucha!!!! lol plus he has the attitude i like, unlike some other punks.

Old
01-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I actually think that for the right now, Prucha's the player, and believe 99% that by next season, or even perhaps by March, I'll be singing a different tune. I think the original post was for the now and today, which I believe you disagree with. I understand the issue with assists, but this Rangers second line is quite pitiful, and Prucha seems to be burying his chances. The kid's on pace for 40 goals, and this is a kid who was playing 7 minutes to start the season, playing in Hartford, and still, on many nights, plays 12-13 minutes, and he's have 20+ if he was out there for a couple of those empty net chances. And my main reason for picking him today, besides believing his defense is a bit better right now, is that December would've been a wash for the Rangers without Prucha - and it was a olot of Prucha doing his thing on his own, not Jagr-passed tap-ins.

Now, realistically, if someone asked if I'd trade Prucha for Crosby, I'd naturally say absolutely, but that wasn't the original thought in this thread, I believe. To me, also, when looking at right now and what's been done between the two, I don't care about age. I just think Prucha's been the right player for the Rangers to help them get to where they are currently, all else (including players on the roster) being equal. If I'm building a team, that's a different story.

I can understand that, but i also think this about more than points. Yes Prucha is burying his chances, but so is Crosby who actually has more goals. The counter argument is Prucha has less icetime. My response to that is that sometimes less is more. Crosby doesn't have the option of going out there 12 minutes a night and following the league MVP, Prucha does. That's not to take anything away from Prucha but it makes a huge difference. It's a lot like being protected in a baseball lineup. You can point to the AB'S and production based around that, but who's batting in front of and behind a player can make a huge difference.

Now Crosby isn't exactly a a selke winner, but I'm seeing no love for his defense as an 18 year old right now. He's a suprisingly good defensive player for an 18 year old and as a center, by nature has a bit more responsibility.

None of this takes away from Prucha, but I think Crosby on the Rangers does even more than he does now. Crosby even 39 games into his career has the uncanny ability to take over a game. Maybe it's getting a goal, maybe it's setting one up. I think he can take it over right now in more ways than one. Prucha can take it over with a hit or a goal, but if I were a coach and the game were on the line I'd have to go with Crosby. Forget about him only getting better in time, he's darn good now.

They are both great young players, but Prucha is also riding a 10 game hot streak right now. Ijust think Crosby could be more dangerous on this Ranger team.That's not saying Prucha isn't a great young talent, it's saying that Crosby on a team like this with at least one great winger would be amazing.

Closed Thread