HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Me: Prucha better than Crosby

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Crosby...

did have an early opportunity to follow Lemieux, and play with Lemiuex, who has played about 25 games this season. So I don't buy the protection argument as much given that, although I understand that. With Prucha, I don't buy less is more. The more opportunities this guy gets to score, the more he will score. I didn't think he'd mesh well with playing with Jagr, but have since changed my mind. If he was playing with Jagr from day 1, getting about 16-18 minutes of ice time per game, then I can see a situation where Prucha would be around 25 goals right now, and likely more. The kid buries chances, and doesn't mess them up much.

And Edge - age doesn't matter. We're talking about right now, as I mentioned I would trade Prucha for Crosby today and fully believe that this would be a silly argument 2-3 years down the road. I just think Prucha's been a good fit for this team thus far and think it's a more additive fit than Crosby would've been, and I'm not talking about tomorrow, next year, or three years.

Old
01-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Edge

Quote:
did have an early opportunity to follow Lemieux, and play with Lemiuex, who has played about 25 games this season. So I don't buy the protection argument as much given that, although I understand that.
Whoa whoa big difference between those two. Comparing a 40 year old Lemieux and a 33 year old Jagr is a huge jump.

Even if you could, Lemieux has been hurt a great deal this season so forgetting the "name" he follows, the reality is there was little or no protection there. Crosby has consistently battling the league's top lines for the great majority of this season.

Quote:
With Prucha, I don't buy less is more. The more opportunities this guy gets to score, the more he will score.
Not necessarily. The more time he gets,the attention gets paid to him.The more attention gets paid to him, the more people are gonna shadow him and try to drill him every chance they get. It took Prucha 15 goals before people stopped and took notice of him, it took Crosby about 2 shifts.

I also don't believe that more icetime always equals more production, because it depends on who that player is now expected to go up against. Sometimes flying under the radar is a very very good thing.

Quote:
I didn't think he'd mesh well with playing with Jagr, but have since changed my mind. If he was playing with Jagr from day 1, getting about 16-18 minutes of ice time per game, then I can see a situation where Prucha would be around 25 goals right now, and likely more. The kid buries chances, and doesn't mess them up much.
And going with the same scenario you could easily argue Crsoby would have 30 goals and close to 60 points. It's a two edged sword Fletch.

Look at what Crosby has done on a team that has resembled our old Rangers. Put him with Jagr and tell me where that goes.

Furthermore I don't believe Prucha would necessarily make his linemates better goal scorers. Prucha, right now, is a finisher. He doesn't set up any plays and his production is reliant on goals and goals only. Crosby has shown that he can not only score his own goals, but actually set some people up as well. Prucha is probably the better goal scorer right now, but Crosby is the better all around offensive player.

Quote:
And Edge - age doesn't matter. We're talking about right now, as I mentioned I would trade Prucha for Crosby today and fully believe that this would be a silly argument 2-3 years down the road. I just think Prucha's been a good fit for this team thus far and think it's a more additive fit than Crosby would've been, and I'm not talking about tomorrow, next year, or three years.
And I disagree with you. Because I think putting Crosby with Jagr would've been beyond pure electic. And now we're saying Prucha is the better fit for the team, but I don't remember being that the question till now. It was Prucha is BETTER than Crosby not Prucha is a better fit for the particular team he is on than Crosby. Because if we get into the later, that becomes very skewed because the teams are built in opposite ways.

You put Crosby in a situation where he either plays with Jagr or has a legit alternative line to take pressure and focus of him and I gurantee you see a player who is on pace for 50 goals, 100 points and an allstar game.

Old
01-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Crosby has shown that he can not only score his own goals, but actually set some people up as well.
Anyone who saw the pens game against the leafs a couple of games ago knows how great a playmaker crosby is. Crosby fell down after getting hit by kaberle and from his knees still managed to handle the puck, lost control of it and kicked it up back to his stick with his skate and passed it out to ouelette who was parked on the other side of the net for an easy tap in. That play was a thing of beauty and showed how much heart and determination the kid has..just doesn't quit on a play.

Old
01-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Balej20*

Petr Prucha's super man dive to keep the puck alive, get it to Rucchin for Rucchin to stuff home for a goal...What a play.

Old
01-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen
There is not a single facet of hockey where Prucha is as good as Crosby. In most facets he pales by comparison.

Get a grip!
Theres a few, actually.

Toughness.
Effort.
ATITUIDE

Points wise? Crosby.

I feel sorry for Pens fans who have to root for Crosby's whiny, cocky, self. But I guess they are used to it by rooting for Mario for years.

But, he still has time to mature. We'll see.

Last edited by Fire Sather: 01-01-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old
01-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Fletch

Edge..

I mentioned that I was talking about today, and the way this team's being build (I think I said all else being equal at some point). And hurt Lemieux or not, if Crosby is on a different line than Lemieux, he still gets the attention and it's the same thing, since top lines are focusing on Lemieux' line. Doesn't matter if Lemiuex is not producing, hurt, or whatever. Just like a few years ago. A 41 year old Messier played against Scott Stevens, while the Czech Posse faced Ken Sutton - same as batting second with A-Rod on the bench and Jeter on first.

As for the double-edged sword...it's not that double-edged to me. Prucha's shown that he can be a finisher, and doesn't need to carry the play. Crosby hasn't (not a knock one bit - put Crosby with, say, Ovechkin, and he has 75 points today). Jagr's played with decent playmaker in the past, and somehow has only managed 60 goals once. So it seems that Jagr goes how he wants to go, and to me, a playmaker isn't what Jagr needs to increase production. He'll do what he wants to do.

Old
01-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Theres a few, actually.

Toughness.
Effort.
ATITUIDE

Points wise? Crosby.

I feel sorry for Pens fans who have to root for Crosby's whiny, cocky, self. But I guess they are used to it by rooting for Mario for years.

But, he still has time to mature. We'll see.
I want to say goal scorer as well. Prucha is a sniper, he's money when he gets his chances.

Old
01-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
I want to say goal scorer as well. Prucha is a sniper, he's money when he gets his chances.
Good point, I have yet to see Prucha NOT finish a play. I think the only time he hasn't finished yet this year was on his first Shootout Opp....He hasn't missed since.

Every time he's had the puck in the high slot, he has finished it off with an ultra accurate wrister. Everytime he's come in alone, he's finished with a sick deke. Everytime he has had an open one timer, he has put it away. And everytime a puck has squirted out to him, he's money in the bank to put that baby in the back of the net.

Old
01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
I wanted to as well, but the Homer police will come out in droves if anyone says that and means it.

Old
01-01-2006, 07:11 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
You put Crosby in a situation where he either plays with Jagr or has a legit alternative line to take pressure and focus of him and I gurantee you see a player who is on pace for 50 goals, 100 points and an allstar game.
Crosby and Jagr, now that's drool worthy lol.

Quote:
Theres a few, actually.

Toughness.
Effort.
ATITUIDE
That's probably all I could give him against Sid.

I love Prucha and I dislike Sid for all the crying he does, but I'd still take him on my team without a second thought.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Jaded-Fan

Good thing that you all have Prucha then, isn't it? Seeing how much better a fit and player for you all than Crosby is. Nothing against Prucha, he is a fine hockey player. Crosby is whiney, huh? Cool, we will keep Crosby you keep Prucha, it certainly works very well from my point of view. Glad that you all are as happy as I am how the entire lottery thing worked out in August. This entire thread is making lemonaide from a whole bunch of lemons. But then again I see threads like this littering most boards in HF.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Fletch

Great post, AG...

well thought-out and articulate. This is why a poster like Edge gets soooo much respect and opinions from someone like you are tossed aside.

Jaded - can't change the lottery anyways.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Its impossible to aruge or have a decent conversation with Pens fans.

Edit: not you Jaded, the dude who posted before you. Maybe hes not a Pens fan. Its impossible to have an arugement with people like him.

I don't even think Prucha is better than Crosby. But I do think Pens fans are way too quick by saying Crosby blows Prucha away in everyy aspect of the game, because... he doesnt.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Fletch

Balej...

Prucha's flubbed a few tip ins this season on the PP. He's more than made up for that.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:27 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
Good thing that you all have Prucha then, isn't it? Seeing how much better a fit and player for you all than Crosby is. Nothing against Prucha, he is a fine hockey player. Crosby is whiney, huh? Cool, we will keep Crosby you keep Prucha, it certainly works very well from my point of view. Glad that you all are as happy as I am how the entire lottery thing worked out in August. This entire thread is making lemonaide from a whole bunch of lemons. But then again I see threads like this littering most boards in HF.
Oy, you need to go away. Fast. Your sarcasm is not needed.

Quote:
Its impossible to aruge or have a decent conversation with Pens fans.
It seriously is.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

This thread is closed again. This discussion should have never been allowed to continue onto a new thread in the first place. The personal attacks and flaming is getting out of control.

Closed Thread