HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ribeiro to LW ?

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Ribeiro to LW ?

With the return of Saku I think we can move Ribeiro to LW and move Hossa to 3rd line with Juneau and Bulis . Ribeiro have play on LW last year , I think Ribeiro - Koivu - Zednik can be an explosive 1st line .

1 Ribeiro - Koivu - Zednik

2 Ryder - Perreault - Audette

3 Bulis - Juneau - Hossa

4 Dackell - Ward - Sundstrom

Scratch : Begin and Langdon

PP 1

Ryder - Koivu - Zednik

Markov - Ribeiro

PP 2

Hossa - Perreault - Audette

Hainsey - Brisebois

Old
10-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Histrion

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Yeah, I could see that happening. That's what I wish, I don't want to see Ribeiro go down in the line-up, he deserves a place on the first line.

If we demote him to the 2nd line it would be like saying:

«It doesn't matter how hard you try, we'll always push you down, kid.»

That wouldn't be right, especially not if we want him to develop properly.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Brownies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Ribeiro is a CENTER
Bulis, Kilger and Hossa were center... They already tried Ribs at the wing and it didn't worked well. He's a better player now, Julien should try it.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Is Koivu can play Left Wing ? Im sure Koivu , Ribeiro , Zednik will be amazing to watch night after night

Old
10-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Histrion

Quote:
Ribeiro is a CENTER
Really?

Who would have tought ?..

Old
10-16-2003, 05:18 PM
tipping point

I myself would rather see something like this :

Ryder Koivu Audette

Hossa Ribeiro Zednik

Bulis Perreault ward

Begin Juneau Sundstrom

That means Kilger Dackell Langdon would be scratch...way too many bodies now. Something has to be done about that.

edit typo

Old
10-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Histrion

Quote:
Why move Ribs off of Center when he's playing so well right now.. I don't understand the logic.
Because there is a LOGJAM at center. It's pretty easy to figure out that you can't put Perreault or Ribeiro on the 3rd line at this point of the season, since they are both playing well.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Brownies

Quote:
Why move Ribs off of Center when he's playing so well right now.. I don't understand the logic.

You choose to move Koivu, Ribeiro or Perreault. Perreault is the best at faceoffs in the league. Koivu or Ribeiro... They should try both and see...

Old
10-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Russeltown

Look this Line up for next year ... (if there's no lock-out!)

Ryder - Koivu - Ward (or Perezhogin)
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Higgins - Bulis
Bégin - Kilger - Langdon

Whoa !

Old
10-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Ribeiro his to inteligent with the puck to play on the wing. He's very creative and he win his place to center on the second line when Koivu will be back. It's a nice thing! Let him play at center and he will be a pretty good player.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Lil Viking

It is a point to consider, but I don't see it happening.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Because there is a LOGJAM at center. It's pretty easy to figure out that you can't put Perreault or Ribeiro on the 3rd line at this point of the season, since they are both playing well.
What's the bug with having three centers who are actually playing good on the three first line? It gives us some kindda "offensive punch"...

Old
10-16-2003, 05:35 PM
Brownies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boutmania
What's the bug with having three centers who are actually playing good on the three first line? It gives us some kindda "offensive punch"...
Juneau is doing a really good job too.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:47 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipping point
I myself would rather see something like this :

Ryder Koivu Audette

Hossa Ribeiro Zednik

Bulis Perreault ward

Begin Juneau Sundstrom

That means Kilger Dackell Langdon would be scratch...way too many bodies now. Something has to be done about that.

edit typo
Ryder and Perreault have too much chemistry together, it worked in the pre-season with him and Bulis with Perreault and now with Audette, Audette may be good to go back with Koivu, but keep Ryder and perreault together and maybe move Bulis with him and put Ward with Audette and Saku.

Ward - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Riberio - Zednik
Ryder - Perreault - Bulis
Dackell - Juneau - Sundstrum

With Begin and Langdon inserted in the 4th line time to time when needed, Higgins should be down in Hamilton I think...for now, call him up in a couple of weeks or when needed, but he needs to play.

Old
10-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Boutmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
Juneau is doing a really good job too.
I guess he'll do a great job on the fourth line with the same kind of defensive role.

Old
10-16-2003, 06:27 PM
FTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Ryder and Perreault have too much chemistry together, it worked in the pre-season with him and Bulis with Perreault and now with Audette, Audette may be good to go back with Koivu, but keep Ryder and perreault together and maybe move Bulis with him and put Ward with Audette and Saku.

Ward - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Riberio - Zednik
Ryder - Perreault - Bulis
Dackell - Juneau - Sundstrum

With Begin and Langdon inserted in the 4th line time to time when needed, Higgins should be down in Hamilton I think...for now, call him up in a couple of weeks or when needed, but he needs to play.
Bulis-Koivu-Audette
Hossa-Ribiero-Zednik
Ryder-Perreault-Ward
Bégin-Juneau-Dackell

Langdon, Sundstrom

Old
10-16-2003, 06:29 PM
Histrion

Quote:

Yeah... with some bad wingers... I'm sure that will work out very well...

Old
10-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
With the return of Saku I think we can move Ribeiro to LW and move Hossa to 3rd line with Juneau and Bulis . Ribeiro have play on LW last year , I think Ribeiro - Koivu - Zednik can be an explosive 1st line .

1 Ribeiro - Koivu - Zednik

2 Ryder - Perreault - Audette

3 Bulis - Juneau - Hossa

4 Dackell - Ward - Sundstrom

Scratch : Begin and Langdon

PP 1

Ryder - Koivu - Zednik

Markov - Ribeiro

PP 2

Hossa - Perreault - Audette

Hainsey - Brisebois

seems good to me.. but in the PP Ribeiro should play center.. when he played in as the quaterback he wasnt really impresive last season.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Boutmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Yeah... with some bad wingers... I'm sure that will work out very well...
I know I'm going to be bash with that post but here's the 4 lines(not really in order) I see with Koivu come back.

Dackel - Juneau - Sundstrom

Bulis- Koivu - Ward

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Audette - Perrault - Ryder

But with Begin healthly, Langdon and Kilger soon ready. There's 2 solutions: Sending some vets to Hamilton...Trading one of Juneau, Koivu, Ribeiro, Perreault....

Old
10-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Go Habs Go

We can't play Ryder lower then the second line, he's been one of our best players. That's crazy, if anything, I'll move Audette to the 4th line to make room for Koivu somewhere on the top 2 lines. Perreault has been playing very well too, you can't move him down to the 3rd line. Personally I think he's been playing better then Hossa.

Players that absolutely need to remain on the top 2 lines in no particular order :

Koivu
Perreault
Ribeiro
Zednik
Ryder

The sixth player can be Hossa, Audette or Bulis. I personally would put Audette because a checking line role for Hossa would be good for his development. Play him with Bulis and Juneau. Next year can be his offensive breakout season and Ward will move up to the 3rd line when the older players are gone. I don't know, there are too many players!

Old
10-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
Bulis, Kilger and Hossa were center... They already tried Ribs at the wing and it didn't worked well. He's a better player now, Julien should try it.
Notice a trend with those three players that were moved from center to LW? They all have size. Ribeiro doesn't have size.

Another trend with those players is -- at least on the pro level -- all are stronger along the boards, and have better shots than playmaking skills. Ribeiro's a playmaker and is most effective down the middle. Playing him with Koivu would be a mistake. Two smallish playmakers and one shooter wouldn't work, in my opinion.

I don't see any reason why the Canadiens can't have three balanced scoring lines and a fourth gritty/checking line. At least until players like Perreault have their contracts run out.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Brownies

Quote:
I guess he'll do a great job on the fourth line with the same kind of defensive role.
Juneau's line was the 1st line today if you ask me. They played over 20 minutes because they were against Lemieux. Like most of you, I would like to see him on the 4th line to make some room for some better and younger player, but it will be hard after all him, Bulis and Dackell did since the beginning of the season. Maybe they should try Perreault on the 3rd line and put back Juneau if it doesn't work. Perreault wouln't fit on a defensive line if you ask me. Montreal needs a defensive line if they play a defensive system.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I don't see any reason why the Canadiens can't have three balanced scoring lines and a fourth gritty/checking line. At least until players like Perreault have their contracts run out.
The problem I see right now is that with Juneau and Dackell, that 4th line won't be gritty at all but soft all the way. I think we have no choice, we'll have to get rid of one of Ribeiro or Perreault. Personally I think it should be Perreault. Ribeiro is a better feeder, cheaper, younger and obviously on his way up.

Just a thought, I wonder if Perreault and something else interesting (maybe one of our Right Dmen to open up a roster spot for Komisarek) could land us Ian Laperriere from LA... With Deadmarsh and Allison injured, they might want to go out and get an offensive center to boost their offense. I wouldn't have thought it made sense before but with their cripled roster, who knows. Laperriere would sure look good playing with Kilger and Begin/Langdon on that 4th line... (again, just a thought, to which I've not given a lot of time).

But I like the idea of this lineup...

Ryder - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Bulis - Juneau - Dackell/Sundstrom
Begin/Langdon/Kilger - Laperierre - Ward

Old
10-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
The problem I see right now is that with Juneau and Dackell, that 4th line won't be gritty at all but soft all the way.
This is why I've been wanting both of them moved.

Quote:
I think we have no choice, we'll have to get rid of one of Ribeiro or Perreault. Personally I think it should be Perreault. Ribeiro is a better feeder, cheaper, younger and obviously on his way up.
If Koivu's injured later in the season, the Habs would be left with Ribeiro and either Juneau or Higgins as the 1-2 punch. Not ideal by any means.

Quote:
Just a thought, I wonder if Perreault and something else interesting (maybe one of our Right Dmen to open up a roster spot for Komisarek) could land us Ian Laperriere from LA... With Deadmarsh and Allison injured, they might want to go out and get an offensive center to boost their offense. I wouldn't have thought it made sense before but with their cripled roster, who knows. Laperriere would sure look good playing with Kilger and Begin/Langdon on that 4th line... (again, just a thought, to which I've not given a lot of time).
I don't see this as being too likely. Perreault wouldn't fit into Andy Murray's system or the roster that Taylor is building. Perreault's had a turn in LA twice before, and if memory serves me right, the last time they were more than happy to be rid of him.

Assuming Ryder continues his chemistry with Perreault and Audette, I would like to see the following lineup, with all four lines being rolled over:

Bulis-Koivu-Ward
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Ryder-Perreault-Audette
Begin-Higgins-Sundstrom

There would be size and some grit on every line. There would be a playmaker on every line, and a player that's more inclined to shoot more. Montreal wouldn't have a true fourth line or even checking line, but I don't think they do right now anyway (Juneau and Dackell are both subpar defensively on even strength these days, fellas. It's been two years since they were effective).

Losing Dackell and Juneau wouldn't hit the PK too hard. Sundstrom, Ward, Higgins, Bulis have all displayed strong capabilities on the PK. I would say Begin (and his good faceoff ability) and Ryder could be tried on the PK as well.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:39 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn
Look this Line up for next year ... (if there's no lock-out!)

Ryder - Koivu - Ward (or Perezhogin)
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Higgins - Bulis
Bégin - Kilger - Langdon

Whoa !

I like this lineup....looks so much better without Dackell and Juneau....definately dont mind seeing Audette and Perreault gone either. Gainey will probably trade these guys from mid-later round draft picks/young prospects. If we trade Perreault, i think it would be nice to get a forward (centerman) back who can play on the second line

Closed Thread