HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Season 2016/2017

Old
07-05-2016, 04:55 AM
GX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Atas2000 told in that thread about schedule announcement that there will be no demotion - he shared no sources yet I take his words as reliable since he's Russian and he probably has access to lots of sources & information we cannot put hands onto.

I am not saying they should not rush things; it's just maybe they don't think it's necessary since not much will change. What difference would it make for teams to know about schedule? As long as they are fine, fans can wait.
Well, as far as I am speaking for Riga, the announcements made by Dinamo Riga management are worrying and indicate that they have problems finding money - Latvian media are speculating that Dinamo might as well not play in 16/17. They have 4 signed players.. Yet, otherwise it seems 'business as usual'. Camp dates are set, exhibition tournament is announced, etc.

And I guess the situation is the same for the rest of clubs 'on notice'. Thus it seems that there is notable uncertainty (that has been present in all KHL pre-seasons before..) instead of no need to rush.

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2016, 01:06 PM
SoundAndFury

On one hand, situation was very similar last year. On the other, if they couldn't resign Dzerins things are really bad. I don't think Riga not playing is an actual possibility as Russians would come in with the funds needed for the team to survive if there would be no other way but strength of the roster might be at Kuznya level in that case.

Not that it was much higher lately anyway.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Go Donbass

For those that can read Russian, here is the pre-season schedules for each team:

http://www.khl.ru/upload/KHL_clubs_p..._2015-2016.pdf

Go Donbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Go Donbass

The league is going ahead with 29 teams.

http://www.khl.ru/news/2016/07/06/308761.html

Old
07-06-2016, 10:32 AM
hansomreiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Donbass View Post
The league is going ahead with 29 teams.

http://www.khl.ru/news/2016/07/06/308761.html
The dude writing the news is probably bored. I mean, it's much easier to write "Red Star is the only expansion team and there is no demotion" or something like that instead of listing all 29 teams. Anyways, good news. Here is another round of Riga, Amur, Severstal, Vityaz and Medvescak suffering... Maybe Vityaz will not be that poor this time, let's see.

hansomreiste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Go Donbass

Quote:
The dude writing the news is probably bored. I mean, it's much easier to write "Red Star is the only expansion team and there is no demotion" or something like that instead of listing all 29 teams. Anyways, good news. Here is another round of Riga, Amur, Severstal, Vityaz and Medvescak suffering... Maybe Vityaz will not be that poor this time, let's see.
Vityaz have actually had a few good signings this off season. Is it enough to get them in the playoffs, we'll see.

As for this whole demotion thing, I'm not really sure where that comes from. There's nowhere to demote KHL teams. They are either in the league or they are not.

As for just shedding teams, that is not healthy at all. You will have a hard time attracting big time sponsors to the league when you have teams dropping like flies. Better to find stronger markets for them, and move the franchise then just simply shedding teams.

Old
07-06-2016, 05:03 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Donbass View Post
Vityaz have actually had a few good signings this off season. Is it enough to get them in the playoffs, we'll see.
I don't know, their moves seem pretty lateral to me, like every year. Maybe they got slightly better but surely not enough to jump into the playoffs on merit. They can get lucky though, everyone can.

Also, it doesn't look like they have a real goalie on the contract yet so that's kinda big deal.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

The only reason to watch Vityaz will be German Rubtsov.

Spartak has a better shot.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2016, 03:15 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangard Barys View Post
The only reason to watch Vityaz will be German Rubtsov.

Spartak has a better shot.
You underestimate them. They are not a contender for sure, but they have a shot at being respectable and beat some good teams.

Last edited by Atas2000: 07-16-2016 at 04:07 AM.
Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2016, 05:17 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2016, 05:36 PM
stars33

Schedule was announced but was there any word on division realignment. Assuming Beijing goes to Chernyshev division, i was wondering if Salavat Ufa is moving to the Kharlamov division.

stars33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2016, 10:16 PM
LeafChief
Registered Beauty

vCash: 1000
Hey what do you guys think of Korshkov, Bobylov and Chebykin?

3 new Leafs prospects. Any good?

LeafChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 04:03 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafChief View Post
Hey what do you guys think of Korshkov, Bobylov and Chebykin?

3 new Leafs prospects. Any good?
Korshkov should have a breakout anytime now on KHL level. Big guy with some ofensive skill. Let's see how the coach uses his young guns. Last year they had a line of rookies, but partly due to injuries. Anyway, that line was great.

Chebykin is all about size,but has some offence too. I reserve judgement on whether he is a future NHLer until in a couple of years though.

Bobylyov should ge some ice time with Spartak. If he still has it ater 2 years in the WHL, he might become a useful player. But let's see how he fares against men first.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2016, 11:23 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Hungarian referee Péter Gebei looks forward to continue his career in #KHL.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2016, 01:48 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Nice. But how many times will he lift a guy this way in the rink?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Nice. But how many times will he lift a guy this way in the rink?
Power is still power. Osala actually helps Magni's fitness coach with his tips and knowledge. Osala will educate himself in that fitness coaching department more after his playing career ends. It's something he wants to do.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Rigafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Well, as far as I am speaking for Riga, the announcements made by Dinamo Riga management are worrying and indicate that they have problems finding money - Latvian media are speculating that Dinamo might as well not play in 16/17. They have 4 signed players.. Yet, otherwise it seems 'business as usual'. Camp dates are set, exhibition tournament is announced, etc.

And I guess the situation is the same for the rest of clubs 'on notice'. Thus it seems that there is notable uncertainty (that has been present in all KHL pre-seasons before..) instead of no need to rush.
Hi GX

I've seen news for the last few seasons about Dinamo struggling with money. I've also seen that they'd likely move to Sweden SHL. Is there any truths in this?

Obviously I'd much prefer we stay in the KHL but we never seem to recruit properly.

Rigafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2016, 12:00 PM
hansomreiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigafan View Post
Hi GX

I've seen news for the last few seasons about Dinamo struggling with money. I've also seen that they'd likely move to Sweden SHL. Is there any truths in this?

Obviously I'd much prefer we stay in the KHL but we never seem to recruit properly.
REALLY?! Is that even an option? I think they would have to start from bottom in this case. SHL is an open national league which works on a promotion & relegation system.

Old
08-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Rigafan

Quote:
REALLY?! Is that even an option? I think they would have to start from bottom in this case. SHL is an open national league which works on a promotion & relegation system.
Exactly! This is why I'd like a more informed source on the matter of - What happens if Dinamo leave KHL.

Rigafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2016, 04:17 PM
joshyedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigafan View Post
Exactly! This is why I'd like a more informed source on the matter of - What happens if Dinamo leave KHL.
There's no way the SHL would take them in haha

joshyedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2016, 11:26 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Do we know yet which teams still will not have HD broadcasts for the upcoming year?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2016, 06:11 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Do we know yet which teams still will not have HD broadcasts for the upcoming year?
Judging by preseason, Torpedo is a safe bet.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2016, 09:33 AM
ult

"Season is coming". Ak Bars.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2016, 08:31 AM
hansomreiste

I have a question especially for our Russian-speaking friends: is/will there be any lengthy, rich-in-content preview for KHL before the season starts? I mean, each team is evaluated with who has come or gone and with other aspects. Not just names and two words about what we can expect about team. It can be provided by a single blog, newspaper, portal etc. or could be assembled. I said "especially for our Russian-speaking friends" because I honestly don't think there will be such a good, rich work in English language, so I am OK with Russian. However, I am not good enough to browse all sources and find them by myself.

Reading previews about every single team before season start is sometimes even better than the hockey itself, so I'd be more than happy to find some.

A bonus question: do you guys have "betting newspapers" in Russia, published for betting advices by "experts" who kinda do the job of providing previews? If yes, do you know if those newspapers also sell in Ukraine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
"Season is coming". Ak Bars.

Social media team (or whatever it's called) of Salavat should watch this.

"Aha, so it's possible to make videos without boobs, wow..."

Old
08-04-2016, 08:40 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I have a question especially for our Russian-speaking friends: is/will there be any lengthy, rich-in-content preview for KHL before the season starts? I mean, each team is evaluated with who has come or gone and with other aspects. Not just names and two words about what we can expect about team. It can be provided by a single blog, newspaper, portal etc. or could be assembled. I said "especially for our Russian-speaking friends" because I honestly don't think there will be such a good, rich work in English language, so I am OK with Russian. However, I am not good enough to browse all sources and find them by myself.

Reading previews about every single team before season start is sometimes even better than the hockey itself, so I'd be more than happy to find some.

A bonus question: do you guys have "betting newspapers" in Russia, published for betting advices by "experts" who kinda do the job of providing previews? If yes, do you know if those newspapers also sell in Ukraine?

Social media team (or whatever it's called) of Salavat should watch this.

"Aha, so it's possible to make videos without boobs, wow..."
there are some previews in english.

This in russian. It is not classic preview, but good articles if you love stats. KHL published same articles for every clubs who played last season.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote