Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Alexander Drozdetsky

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
Alexander Drozdetsky

Could someone tell me about the development of Alex. Does he look to have added any bulk and if so, has this affected his speed at all? Also, I know he had 4 goals in his first 3 games, but what has he done since then? Is he still as streaky? Lastly, do you think he still has a chance to make an impact in the NHL if he is brought over to play for the flyers next year?

Old
10-18-2003, 06:32 PM
paul99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Could someone tell me about the development of Alex. Does he look to have added any bulk and if so, has this affected his speed at all? Also, I know he had 4 goals in his first 3 games, but what has he done since then? Is he still as streaky? Lastly, do you think he still has a chance to make an impact in the NHL if he is brought over to play for the flyers next year?
After 14 games, he still has 4 goals, which place him second goal scorer of his team along 4 other team-mates. he has 3 passes.

He is playing with Kazan club, the same team of Montreal prospect Korneev. Former Boston Bruins, Kvartalnov is the best scorer of the team. Kazan is known to develop good prospects. Just to name few, young guys like Babchuk, Tiutin and Zinoviev all left RSL this year to get a chance with their affiliate clubs in NHL. For now, to my knowledge, they are all in minor teams in NA.

I have never seen Drozdetsky play. Spongebob and other will probably be able to comment about this guy. But, looking to his progression till now, considering he is a third rounder pick and above all that his weight is only 156 pounds, I can affirm, IMO, that you must not expect him to ever play in NHL. I would say it is very doubtful. But other observer will comment more specifically that I can do.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Slay

http://www.hscakbars.ru/team/team.sh...ion=32&page=80

He is 6'1.5 and 183 pounds from AK Bars site

Old
10-19-2003, 02:44 AM
paul99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay
http://www.hscakbars.ru/team/team.sh...ion=32&page=80

Thanks Slay. He is 6'1.5 and 183 pounds from AK Bars site
This is quite a gap between hockeyeuro.net and hockeydb.com who both give 154-156 pounds!

If AK Bars site doesn't too much inflate the pounds, my previous statement doesn't stand at all.

Closed Thread