HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last season looking more and more like a fluke....

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 08:03 PM
GoKINGSGo

vCash: 500
Last season looking more and more like a fluke....

The Stanley Cup Finals hangover is in full affect. The Ducks might end up like Carolina afterall. What do you guys think is the problem? The Ducks just arent clicking in any aspect of the game. Where is Feds and Prospal? Things arent looking good at all. I was hoping that this year would be the year that the Ducks and Kings made it to the playoffs. I know its early in the year but if they dont do something now it might be to big a hill to climb in the Western Conference. Hope things turn around for you guys as long as you end up with less points then the Kings. GO KINGS!

Old
10-17-2003, 08:11 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKINGSGo
The Stanley Cup Finals hangover is in full affect. The Ducks might end up like Carolina afterall. What do you guys think is the problem? The Ducks just arent clicking in any aspect of the game. Where is Feds and Prospal? Things arent looking good at all. I was hoping that this year would be the year that the Ducks and Kings made it to the playoffs. I know its early in the year but if they dont do something now it might be to big a hill to climb in the Western Conference. Hope things turn around for you guys as long as you end up with less points then the Kings. GO KINGS!
Are Kings fans still going to post messages on this board once the Ducks win a few in a row? There is no Stanley Cup Hangover...The other teams goalies have been great the last two games, Ducks just can't get a lucky bounce to get the first goal of the game like Ottawa did. The good news is that Giguere is playing pretty good, if we can just score the first goal of the game we will win.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:19 PM
190Octane

They're not suffering from a hangover, they're suffering from being snakebit.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:25 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

We've had the luck of facing four hot goalies in four games. Turco, Vokoun, Burke, and Lalime were awesome against the Ducks. Thank god we're playing Potvin on Sunday.

There is no hangover, but it's going to make teams think that the Ducks have a Cup Final hangover, and then the surprises begin. Oh yeah, our best d-man's out, and once he returns, our d will be alot better.

Don't think BM might want to shake up the team and make a big trade grabbing more for less, like the Ozolinsh one. To ignite a spark, he may seek someone to go on 1st line wing with Feds and Sykora, someone like Mike Comrie perhaps? Hopefully BM can get him for practically nothing, low draft pick or something like that.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Somebody beat them all with the suck-ass stick over the summer.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:31 PM
GoKINGSGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Somebody beat them all with the suck-ass stick over the summer.
lol

Old
10-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Shut up.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:35 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
We've had the luck of facing four hot goalies in four games. Turco, Vokoun, Burke, and Lalime were awesome against the Ducks. Thank god we're playing Potvin on Sunday.

There is no hangover, but it's going to make teams think that the Ducks have a Cup Final hangover, and then the surprises begin. Oh yeah, our best d-man's out, and once he returns, our d will be alot better.

Don't think BM might want to shake up the team and make a big trade grabbing more for less, like the Ozolinsh one. To ignite a spark, he may seek someone to go on 1st line wing with Feds and Sykora, someone like Mike Comrie perhaps? Hopefully BM can get him for practically nothing, low draft pick or something like that.
I agree we have been up against 4 goalies who had great games against us.

Im hoping Potvin is in net Sunday...Their rookie goalie Raycroft played well vs Dallas the other night.

As far as Comrie, I have been thinking the same thing. Hopefully Murray has atleast made a call to see what it would take to get him. But I think Edmonton will be asking a high price...If they ask for Chistov or Lupul BM should hang up the phone...any other players then I would consider it...Smirnov or Vish seems possible, combined with a pick or another player maybe...

Old
10-17-2003, 08:38 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

About Comrie...

this is from TheFourthPeriod.com :

The Oilers havenít received one substantial offer for holdout Mike Comrie, although, according to the Edmonton Sun, GM Kevin Lowe has entertained a handful of inquiries about No. 89.

The newspaper suggests the Atlanta Thrashers, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers could all be possible destinations for the 23-year-old centerman.

Such players as Marc Savard of Atlanta, Niklas Hagman or Matt Cullen of Florida, Mike Ribeiro of Montreal, and Jamie Lundmark of the Rangers could be send the other way.

The Sun cancels out the possibility of Comrie being dealt to Anaheim or Nashville, while New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello denies any interest he has in Comrie.

------
Why are we specifically mentioned as a team who wont be dealing for Comrie??
And Matt Cullen is enough for Florida to get Comrie? wow...

Old
10-17-2003, 10:15 PM
GoKINGSGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Shut up.
Asw, how cute. A little frustrated Duck fan. You guys should be used to it. The Ducks always start off slow. Most the time they never improve. GO KINGS!

Old
10-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Why are we specifically mentioned as a team who wont be dealing for Comrie??
And Matt Cullen is enough for Florida to get Comrie? wow...
Even Oiler fans are a little confused at that article. The writer is not a very trusted source. There was another article that came out today by a better writer who quoted Lowe as saying if they trade Comrie, it will be for a top-6 forward or top-3 d-man. But I could see Lowe demanding Lupul or Chistov. The price is very steep.

That said, I really don't see the Ducks giving one of them up at all(especially Chistov), and I don't see anything else the Oilers would really want from them. So I doubt a trade based around Comrie will work for these two teams.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:40 PM
j. knoxville

It's funny, Ducks fans talk smack after going to the Stanley Cup finals, Kings fans talk smack after going three and one.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:49 PM
bgumble184

Send a message via AIM to bgumble184
Quote:

Your defense isnt the problem. The Ducks problem is that they suck ball hairs and you fruits cant face the fact that they suck. All you guys say is "the other teams goalies have been really good." Blah, blah, blah. Shut the **** up and just admit the Ducks are no good.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:52 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgumble184
Your defense isnt the problem. The Ducks problem is that they suck ball hairs and you fruits cant face the fact that they suck. All you guys say is "the other teams goalies have been really good." Blah, blah, blah. Shut the **** up and just admit the Ducks are no good.
I can't believe 4 losses in a row brings all these idiots over to our message board...I guess everytime another NHL team loses 4 in a row I am supposed to go to their message board and tell them how much their team sucks.

Old
10-18-2003, 02:01 AM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Boston Globe is reporting that potvin will start against the Kings. Ducks get Raycroft.

boston globe

Old
10-18-2003, 03:17 AM
zeppelin97

Ducks will get a big break. Of their next 5 games, 4 of their opponents will be playing the 2nd of back-to-back games (the kings will face the opponet the 1st night and the ducks will get them the next night). Boston, Phila, buffalo, chicago. If the ducks can't pull out at least one win, that would be pathetic.

Old
10-18-2003, 05:20 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
Ducks will get a big break. Of their next 5 games, 4 of their opponents will be playing the 2nd of back-to-back games (the kings will face the opponet the 1st night and the ducks will get them the next night).
Thanks alot NHL...thats bogus.

We should recall Gary Buttman.

Old
10-18-2003, 05:46 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Boston Globe is reporting that potvin will start against the Kings. Ducks get Raycroft.

boston globe
yup- rayzor will be in nets on sunday
i don't like the matchup from a b's perspective- 2nd night of back-to-backs vs. a team that is 0-4. if i were a betting man, i'd go heavy on anaheim in that one. we DO, however, expect potvin to shut down the kings tonight

Old
10-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
we DO, however, expect potvin to shut down the kings tonight
I'll go along with that. Ever since you called the Green trade, I think I should take your predictions as gospel. That was pretty amazing.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Every year it switches. Last year, the Kings played a lot of games after their opponent faced the DUcks the night before. This year, its the Ducks turn to get the second game. Hopefully, we'll catch a break and get out of this funk.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:10 AM
GoKINGSGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
Every year it switches. Last year, the Kings played a lot of games after their opponent faced the DUcks the night before. This year, its the Ducks turn to get the second game. Hopefully, we'll catch a break and get out of this funk.
Actually the Ducks played more games on the second of back to back last year and this year the Kings do. Its just that this year the Ducks get the second night earlier in the season and we get it later in the season.

The Ducks play eight teams the night after the Kings play them. Those teams are: BOS, PHI, BUF, CHI, STL, VAN, CLB, and DET.

They also play two teams two nights after the Kings play them. Those teams are: OTT, and NSH.

On the flip side the Kings play nine teams the night after the Ducks play them. Those teams are: TOR, CHI, COL, CAL, DET, COL, MIN, STL, and SJ.

They also play two teams two nights after the Ducks play them. Those teams are: DAL, and MON

Old
10-18-2003, 08:34 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I can't believe 4 losses in a row brings all these idiots over to our message board...I guess everytime another NHL team loses 4 in a row I am supposed to go to their message board and tell them how much their team sucks.
Come now guys... it just good natured ribbing...

You know if the situation was reversed we would be doing the same...

or smelling some gasoline... or lighting a firecracker up our ass...

or whatever else kings fan do... lol

can't wait to play them

Old
10-18-2003, 09:23 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:

boston globe
sorry to break it to u but last time Raycroft played he got a shut-out against the stars 27 shots he looked pretty hot.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:27 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
sorry to break it to u but last time Raycroft played he got a shut-out against the stars 27 shots he looked pretty hot.
Were all aware of Raycroft having a nice game vs Dallas...big deal...was nice to see Potvin get a win vs his old team though...

Old
10-18-2003, 09:41 PM
lux_interior

My wife and I are going to the game against the Bruins. The Ducks are 5-0 when my wife goes to see them play.

I got your curse right here!

Closed Thread