HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last season looking more and more like a fluke....

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2003, 12:44 AM
lux_interior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecca13
I think they're suffering from the freeagentitis curse. You know the one where teams go out and overpay for UFA who collect the money and underachieve the rest of their careers. Signing Fedorov and Prospal was a killer IMO and the Ducks are going to unfortunately pay big time. As you saw last year on your run to the finals it's about team work, not individuals like those two guys are. Prospal looks absolutely lost out there. I'll bet Babcock gets the fall for it.
You've got a point. I don't think Babcock will take the fall for it just yet though.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Kick Save

Quote:
I think they're suffering from the freeagentitis curse. You know the one where teams go out and overpay for UFA who collect the money and underachieve the rest of their careers. Signing Fedorov and Prospal was a killer IMO and the Ducks are going to unfortunately pay big time. As you saw last year on your run to the finals it's about team work, not individuals like those two guys are. Prospal looks absolutely lost out there. I'll bet Babcock gets the fall for it.
Mecca: How do you figure that "Babcock gets[?] the fall?" [I think you mean "takes" the fall.] It was Bryan Murray, not Babcock, who signed Fedorov & Prospal.

Fedorov is still one of the premier players in the NHL. He and Prospal are just going through a period of adjustment. If the Ducks start out 0-and-10, then maybe you have something to talk about. While it's annoying as h*ll to see them lose and not be able to buy a goal, they can---and will---turn this thing around on a dime.

They're not going to "pull a Carolina", although, if they did, they'd be in position to draft Ovevchin.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:52 PM
fez

Quote:
What would u have done if Kariya walked out on you with his gf?
We had to fill the hole somehow.
If we did it with kids we would probably be sucking even more right now.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:58 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez
What would u have done if Kariya walked out on you with his gf?
We had to fill the hole somehow.
If we did it with kids we would probably be sucking even more right now.
Nono, you don't get it. Clearly we'd have been MUCH better off with a second line of Krog-Pahlsson-Lupul, guys like Burnett and Holmqvist on the 3rd line, and god-knows-who on the 4th line simply because they're not free agents. Just like we would have been better off without that free agent signing of Oates last year; heck, we'd have probably won the Cup if we hadn't bothered to sign him.

Old
10-19-2003, 02:08 PM
fez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt
Nono, you don't get it. Clearly we'd have been MUCH better off with a second line of Krog-Pahlsson-Lupul, guys like Burnett and Holmqvist on the 3rd line, and god-knows-who on the 4th line simply because they're not free agents. Just like we would have been better off without that free agent signing of Oates last year; heck, we'd have probably won the Cup if we hadn't bothered to sign him.
Oh I think I get it now

And instead of Feds and Prospal this year, we shoulda got Daigle and Chockmanek

Closed Thread