HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Forsberg

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2005, 12:13 PM
  #1
C-J...*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Peter Forsberg

Okey, we can all agree on the fact that he´s had his peak a few years ago, and is slowly going downhill. The "old" (read young) Forsberg dominated the game with both physical plays aswell as his tremendous passing, stickhandling and amazingly balanced skating.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but I dont think he plays with as much heart and as much flair as he used to. Ofcourse he had his injuries and is probably the one player in the league who´s had to endure the most brutal hits and cheapshots the last decade, but he still lacks the undefined "thing" that made him into what he was.

Hopefully he´s saving a couple of extra gears til the postseason, because (paradon the expression) he almost seems like a floater on occasion, and thats not really like him.

I draw these conclusions from a few (yes few, feel free to flame) games I´ve watched myself, and some friends who´s watched most of his games this season, and agrees with me.

I remember a game a loooong tike ago, cant recall the exakt year, where Colorado faced Chicago with Bob Probert. Thats probably the game where I´ve seen Forsberg dominate the most, he was on an entirely other level than anyone else.

Late in a shift Pete set up a linemate with a pass that was outta this world, and at the same time got a elbow in the face by some player from the Blackhawks (not Probie), he then chased this unnamed player around even though his linemates changed and the shift was over, he nailed the guy against the boards and then got a slash from Probert who just enterd the ice. Ofcourse he didnt want a fight since thats not what he does, so he rolled away pretending to go for a change, but instead skated a wide circle in his own zone and then went full speed towards Probie and sent him to the ground. Thats the meanstreak Foppa I want to see.

I believe that Foote had to jump in the brawl and take a beating from Probert after the hit, but thats beside the point, hehe..

I think it was after that game that Bob said something along the lines of "Anyone who still thinks that Swedes are chickens needs to watch Forsberg". Thats not the exact quote, perhaps someone can fill me in, but atleast the essence.

Anyway, whats your opinion?


On a sidenote, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

C-J...* is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 01:50 PM
  #2
Sniperz25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
He's leading the league in Points Per Game.

What more do you want?

Sniperz25 is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 02:41 PM
  #3
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
I think I disagree with everything you said.

i am dave is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 02:41 PM
  #4
Synthetic
Registered User
 
Synthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Columbia, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
A Forsberg on the downslope of his career is still better than anyone else in the game, so it's kind of a moot point.

Synthetic is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 02:52 PM
  #5
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Yeah I don't think you'll find too many complaints on this forum about him.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 03:30 PM
  #6
fcbarcelona
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
us avs fans have been royally screwed by the salary cap. no forsberg. no foote. colorado's now on the decline (though the avs can still score plenty of goals). i miss peter a lot...it's unjust that avs fans are left without him. it hurts even more now that people in the east are beginning to realize how good he is. hopefully he doesn't suffer another massive injury that he's prone to get...its a risk worth taking though.

fcbarcelona is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 03:50 PM
  #7
naihlflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=jericholic19]us avs fans have been royally screwed by the salary cap. no forsberg. no foote. colorado's now on the decline (though the avs can still score plenty of goals). i miss peter a lot...it's unjust that avs fans are left without him. it hurts even more now that people in the east are beginning to realize how good he is. hopefully he doesn't suffer another massive injury that he's prone to get...its a risk worth taking though.[/QUOTE

"Unjust to the Avs fans". What a freaking spoiled bunch. You get a team that moves from Quebec that is an instant cup contender, enjoy a long run, and now cry at your first rough stretch. Oh, pooooor Colorado. How about poor Quebec that should have watched that team, not Denver.

naihlflames is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 03:57 PM
  #8
budscweizer16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Prospect Park(outsid
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
close this thread please

budscweizer16 is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 04:24 PM
  #9
lynchmob450
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow
Correct me if I´m wrong, but I dont think he plays with as much heart and as much flair as he used to. Ofcourse he had his injuries and is probably the one player in the league who´s had to endure the most brutal hits and cheapshots the last decade, but he still lacks the undefined "thing" that made him into what he was.

Hopefully he´s saving a couple of extra gears til the postseason, because (paradon the expression) he almost seems like a floater on occasion, and thats not really like him.

I draw these conclusions from a few (yes few, feel free to flame) games I´ve watched myself, and some friends who´s watched most of his games this season, and agrees with me.
I think you're in need of therapy or at least some medical assitance for your delussional opinions. You should have stopped when you used "floater" as a way to descibe Forsberg.

lynchmob450 is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 08:41 PM
  #10
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Wait a second...I understand what the lad is talking about TO SOME DEGREE. Floater, no but we used to see him dominate a game. Sure he's getting points but for the Peter Forsberg that I remember seeing this isn't him.
However, I feel that he will get hungry. The Forsberg I remember happens to be the playoff Forsberg. I think we will be in for a wonderful surprise if you all think he is playing to his potential now. A point per game or not he still doesn't have that chip on his shoulder. He plays with a chip right now only when he gets hit and gets mad. Great things happen, wait until the playoffs when he wants to win BADLY and he plays hungry and determind.

tytech is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 09:28 PM
  #11
C-J...*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by budscweizer16
close this thread please

Why?

C-J...* is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 09:35 PM
  #12
sansan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Only a matter of time before people would start bashing Foppa. It is Philadelphia after all.

sansan is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 09:47 PM
  #13
fcbarcelona
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=naihlflames]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
us avs fans have been royally screwed by the salary cap. no forsberg. no foote. colorado's now on the decline (though the avs can still score plenty of goals). i miss peter a lot...it's unjust that avs fans are left without him. it hurts even more now that people in the east are beginning to realize how good he is. hopefully he doesn't suffer another massive injury that he's prone to get...its a risk worth taking though.[/QUOTE

"Unjust to the Avs fans". What a freaking spoiled bunch. You get a team that moves from Quebec that is an instant cup contender, enjoy a long run, and now cry at your first rough stretch. Oh, pooooor Colorado. How about poor Quebec that should have watched that team, not Denver.

...losing forsberg is comparable to the oilers trading gretzky for peanuts...its a travesty to the fans that adored them. spoiled? what a joke. excuse me for having a strong admiration for peter. how about poor me...who lost the jets?


Last edited by fcbarcelona: 12-31-2005 at 11:01 PM.
fcbarcelona is offline  
Old
12-31-2005, 10:42 PM
  #14
C-J...*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab79
You're a moron...and so is your friend.
Are you familiar of Pluralis and singularis.... perhaps you know the difference?


No?


Well, that explains alot.


And on yet another sidenote, I believe that Pete is still the best hockeyplayer in the world, just not as good as he used to be. Wonder if you people would call me a retard if he was still an Avalanche.


No?


Didnt think so.


I ask for an honest opinion and gets treated like an infant, nice going people. If nothing else, you´re really proving what alot of other fans says about you people.

Really expacted more, dunno why though


Congrats.

C-J...* is offline  
Old
01-01-2006, 12:31 PM
  #15
BloodOnTheIce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow
Are you familiar of Pluralis and singularis.... perhaps you know the difference?


No?


Well, that explains alot.


And on yet another sidenote, I believe that Pete is still the best hockeyplayer in the world, just not as good as he used to be. Wonder if you people would call me a retard if he was still an Avalanche.


No?


Didnt think so.


I ask for an honest opinion and gets treated like an infant, nice going people. If nothing else, you´re really proving what alot of other fans says about you people.

Really expacted more, dunno why though


Congrats.
for next time, realize there is no such word as "alot"
two words, a lot


and you expEcted more.
well, we expected a more intelligent post

you got what you deserved

BloodOnTheIce is offline  
Old
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
  #16
lynchmob450
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow
I ask for an honest opinion and gets treated like an infant, nice going people. If nothing else, you´re really proving what alot of other fans says about you people.

Really expacted more, dunno why though


Congrats.
You think Forsberg is a floater...you ARE a moron!

Congrats.

Now go back to watching figure skating.

Buh Bye.

lynchmob450 is offline  
Old
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
  #17
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow
Okey, we can all agree on the fact that he´s had his peak a few years ago, and is slowly going downhill. The "old" (read young) Forsberg dominated the game with both physical plays aswell as his tremendous passing, stickhandling and amazingly balanced skating.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but I dont think he plays with as much heart and as much flair as he used to. Ofcourse he had his injuries and is probably the one player in the league who´s had to endure the most brutal hits and cheapshots the last decade, but he still lacks the undefined "thing" that made him into what he was.

Hopefully he´s saving a couple of extra gears til the postseason, because (paradon the expression) he almost seems like a floater on occasion, and thats not really like him.

I draw these conclusions from a few (yes few, feel free to flame) games I´ve watched myself, and some friends who´s watched most of his games this season, and agrees with me.

I remember a game a loooong tike ago, cant recall the exakt year, where Colorado faced Chicago with Bob Probert. Thats probably the game where I´ve seen Forsberg dominate the most, he was on an entirely other level than anyone else.

Late in a shift Pete set up a linemate with a pass that was outta this world, and at the same time got a elbow in the face by some player from the Blackhawks (not Probie), he then chased this unnamed player around even though his linemates changed and the shift was over, he nailed the guy against the boards and then got a slash from Probert who just enterd the ice. Ofcourse he didnt want a fight since thats not what he does, so he rolled away pretending to go for a change, but instead skated a wide circle in his own zone and then went full speed towards Probie and sent him to the ground. Thats the meanstreak Foppa I want to see.

I believe that Foote had to jump in the brawl and take a beating from Probert after the hit, but thats beside the point, hehe..

I think it was after that game that Bob said something along the lines of "Anyone who still thinks that Swedes are chickens needs to watch Forsberg". Thats not the exact quote, perhaps someone can fill me in, but atleast the essence.

Anyway, whats your opinion?


On a sidenote, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This just shows your stupidity and lack of knowledge about Forsberg or hockey for that matter. Read up on your facts buddy

ShawnTHW is offline  
Old
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
  #18
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 113,261
vCash: 50
go watch the eagles game

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.