HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Forsberg

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2005, 12:13 PM
C-J...*

vCash: 500
Peter Forsberg

Okey, we can all agree on the fact that he´s had his peak a few years ago, and is slowly going downhill. The "old" (read young) Forsberg dominated the game with both physical plays aswell as his tremendous passing, stickhandling and amazingly balanced skating.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but I dont think he plays with as much heart and as much flair as he used to. Ofcourse he had his injuries and is probably the one player in the league who´s had to endure the most brutal hits and cheapshots the last decade, but he still lacks the undefined "thing" that made him into what he was.

Hopefully he´s saving a couple of extra gears til the postseason, because (paradon the expression) he almost seems like a floater on occasion, and thats not really like him.

I draw these conclusions from a few (yes few, feel free to flame) games I´ve watched myself, and some friends who´s watched most of his games this season, and agrees with me.

I remember a game a loooong tike ago, cant recall the exakt year, where Colorado faced Chicago with Bob Probert. Thats probably the game where I´ve seen Forsberg dominate the most, he was on an entirely other level than anyone else.

Late in a shift Pete set up a linemate with a pass that was outta this world, and at the same time got a elbow in the face by some player from the Blackhawks (not Probie), he then chased this unnamed player around even though his linemates changed and the shift was over, he nailed the guy against the boards and then got a slash from Probert who just enterd the ice. Ofcourse he didnt want a fight since thats not what he does, so he rolled away pretending to go for a change, but instead skated a wide circle in his own zone and then went full speed towards Probie and sent him to the ground. Thats the meanstreak Foppa I want to see.

I believe that Foote had to jump in the brawl and take a beating from Probert after the hit, but thats beside the point, hehe..

I think it was after that game that Bob said something along the lines of "Anyone who still thinks that Swedes are chickens needs to watch Forsberg". Thats not the exact quote, perhaps someone can fill me in, but atleast the essence.

Anyway, whats your opinion?

On a sidenote, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old
12-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Sniperz25

He's leading the league in Points Per Game.

What more do you want?

Old
12-31-2005, 02:41 PM
i am dave

I think I disagree with everything you said.

Old
12-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
A Forsberg on the downslope of his career is still better than anyone else in the game, so it's kind of a moot point.

Old
12-31-2005, 02:52 PM
FearTheFlyers

Yeah I don't think you'll find too many complaints on this forum about him.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:30 PM
fcbarcelona

us avs fans have been royally screwed by the salary cap. no forsberg. no foote. colorado's now on the decline (though the avs can still score plenty of goals). i miss peter a lot...it's unjust that avs fans are left without him. it hurts even more now that people in the east are beginning to realize how good he is. hopefully he doesn't suffer another massive injury that he's prone to get...its a risk worth taking though.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:50 PM
naihlflames

[QUOTE=jericholic19]us avs fans have been royally screwed by the salary cap. no forsberg. no foote. colorado's now on the decline (though the avs can still score plenty of goals). i miss peter a lot...it's unjust that avs fans are left without him. it hurts even more now that people in the east are beginning to realize how good he is. hopefully he doesn't suffer another massive injury that he's prone to get...its a risk worth taking though.[/QUOTE

"Unjust to the Avs fans". What a freaking spoiled bunch. You get a team that moves from Quebec that is an instant cup contender, enjoy a long run, and now cry at your first rough stretch. Oh, pooooor Colorado. How about poor Quebec that should have watched that team, not Denver.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:57 PM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
close this thread please

Old
12-31-2005, 04:24 PM
lynchmob450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow
Correct me if I´m wrong, but I dont think he plays with as much heart and as much flair as he used to. Ofcourse he had his injuries and is probably the one player in the league who´s had to endure the most brutal hits and cheapshots the last decade, but he still lacks the undefined "thing" that made him into what he was.

Hopefully he´s saving a couple of extra gears til the postseason, because (paradon the expression) he almost seems like a floater on occasion, and thats not really like him.

I draw these conclusions from a few (yes few, feel free to flame) games I´ve watched myself, and some friends who´s watched most of his games this season, and agrees with me.
I think you're in need of therapy or at least some medical assitance for your delussional opinions. You should have stopped when you used "floater" as a way to descibe Forsberg.

Old
12-31-2005, 08:41 PM
tytech

Wait a second...I understand what the lad is talking about TO SOME DEGREE. Floater, no but we used to see him dominate a game. Sure he's getting points but for the Peter Forsberg that I remember seeing this isn't him.
However, I feel that he will get hungry. The Forsberg I remember happens to be the playoff Forsberg. I think we will be in for a wonderful surprise if you all think he is playing to his potential now. A point per game or not he still doesn't have that chip on his shoulder. He plays with a chip right now only when he gets hit and gets mad. Great things happen, wait until the playoffs when he wants to win BADLY and he plays hungry and determind.

Old
12-31-2005, 09:28 PM
C-J...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by budscweizer16
close this thread please

Why?

Old
12-31-2005, 09:35 PM
sansan

Only a matter of time before people would start bashing Foppa. It is Philadelphia after all.

Old
12-31-2005, 09:47 PM
fcbarcelona

[QUOTE=naihlflames]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
us avs fans have been royally screwed by the salary cap. no forsberg. no foote. colorado's now on the decline (though the avs can still score plenty of goals). i miss peter a lot...it's unjust that avs fans are left without him. it hurts even more now that people in the east are beginning to realize how good he is. hopefully he doesn't suffer another massive injury that he's prone to get...its a risk worth taking though.[/QUOTE

"Unjust to the Avs fans". What a freaking spoiled bunch. You get a team that moves from Quebec that is an instant cup contender, enjoy a long run, and now cry at your first rough stretch. Oh, pooooor Colorado. How about poor Quebec that should have watched that team, not Denver.

...losing forsberg is comparable to the oilers trading gretzky for peanuts...its a travesty to the fans that adored them. spoiled? what a joke. excuse me for having a strong admiration for peter. how about poor me...who lost the jets?

Last edited by fcbarcelona: 12-31-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old
12-31-2005, 10:42 PM
C-J...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab79
You're a moron...and so is your friend.
Are you familiar of Pluralis and singularis.... perhaps you know the difference?

No?

Well, that explains alot.

And on yet another sidenote, I believe that Pete is still the best hockeyplayer in the world, just not as good as he used to be. Wonder if you people would call me a retard if he was still an Avalanche.

No?

Didnt think so.

I ask for an honest opinion and gets treated like an infant, nice going people. If nothing else, you´re really proving what alot of other fans says about you people.

Really expacted more, dunno why though

Congrats.

Old
01-01-2006, 12:31 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Are you familiar of Pluralis and singularis.... perhaps you know the difference?

No?

Well, that explains alot.

And on yet another sidenote, I believe that Pete is still the best hockeyplayer in the world, just not as good as he used to be. Wonder if you people would call me a retard if he was still an Avalanche.

No?

Didnt think so.

I ask for an honest opinion and gets treated like an infant, nice going people. If nothing else, you´re really proving what alot of other fans says about you people.

Congrats.
for next time, realize there is no such word as "alot"
two words, a lot

and you expEcted more.
well, we expected a more intelligent post

you got what you deserved

Old
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
lynchmob450

Quote:

Congrats.
You think Forsberg is a floater...you ARE a moron!

Congrats.

Now go back to watching figure skating.

Buh Bye.

Old
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Okey, we can all agree on the fact that he´s had his peak a few years ago, and is slowly going downhill. The "old" (read young) Forsberg dominated the game with both physical plays aswell as his tremendous passing, stickhandling and amazingly balanced skating.

I remember a game a loooong tike ago, cant recall the exakt year, where Colorado faced Chicago with Bob Probert. Thats probably the game where I´ve seen Forsberg dominate the most, he was on an entirely other level than anyone else.

Late in a shift Pete set up a linemate with a pass that was outta this world, and at the same time got a elbow in the face by some player from the Blackhawks (not Probie), he then chased this unnamed player around even though his linemates changed and the shift was over, he nailed the guy against the boards and then got a slash from Probert who just enterd the ice. Ofcourse he didnt want a fight since thats not what he does, so he rolled away pretending to go for a change, but instead skated a wide circle in his own zone and then went full speed towards Probie and sent him to the ground. Thats the meanstreak Foppa I want to see.

I believe that Foote had to jump in the brawl and take a beating from Probert after the hit, but thats beside the point, hehe..

I think it was after that game that Bob said something along the lines of "Anyone who still thinks that Swedes are chickens needs to watch Forsberg". Thats not the exact quote, perhaps someone can fill me in, but atleast the essence.

Anyway, whats your opinion?

On a sidenote, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This just shows your stupidity and lack of knowledge about Forsberg or hockey for that matter. Read up on your facts buddy

Old
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
go watch the eagles game

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Closed Thread