HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey XIX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2016, 05:08 PM
  #101
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2Foligno View Post
Character issue? Heart problem? Ran out of gas?
Dengue Fever maybe.

(That's for Socks.)

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2016, 05:46 PM
  #102
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,999
vCash: 500
If the ESPN coverage is going to be anything like the stupid commercials they have for the World Cup, I hope they never get hockey coverage again.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2016, 06:05 PM
  #103
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg41 View Post
Gotta say Finland is quickly becoming the 2nd best hockey nation behind Canada. USA, Russia, Sweden may have more all around talent, but Finns play so well together to make up for that talent gap (even though its not that large.) Youngsters in Finland are really propelling that nation forward.
That might happen but I think there's still a ways before they catch US or Sweden. Some of their younger cohorts (like this draft) are incredible, but they'll need more years like that.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2016, 07:10 PM
  #104
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Westerville, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 18,873
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Ottawa adds Mark Crawford to the coaching staff as associate coach...

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2016, 09:16 PM
  #105
vogeezy
In search for a 1C
 
vogeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bjorkstrand
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,729
vCash: 1356
Johansen had a very nice goal. Really slow though I don't know how it wasn't saved.

vogeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2016, 09:16 PM
  #106
vogeezy
In search for a 1C
 
vogeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bjorkstrand
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,729
vCash: 1356
The Blues are playing like crap vs the stars tonight, very sloppy. Dallas seems content just chipping pick out of the zone.

vogeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2016, 10:09 PM
  #107
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Westerville, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 18,873
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I'm glad that Dallas put up a fight but I'm hoping the Blues will eventually win. Unfortunately they have to do it in Dallas. Elliot has worked hard - he should get the win and an appearance in the Conf final.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2016, 11:05 PM
  #108
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
Nashville completely dominated game 6 after the first period.

Johansen with 3rd goal in series, 5th point.

Sharks feeling the heat of chokings past just like the Ducks.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 12:16 AM
  #109
Tulipunaruusu*
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Laine benched during today's Finland-USA game.
Not really. Six minutes to go, one goal lead so far more defensive option in Pihlström took his place.

Tulipunaruusu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 03:53 AM
  #110
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2Foligno View Post
Character issue? Heart problem? Ran out of gas?
Doesn't want to be there anymore.

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 07:19 AM
  #111
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kölumboos
Country: United States
Posts: 30,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Nashville completely dominated game 6 after the first period.

Johansen with 3rd goal in series, 5th point.

Sharks feeling the heat of chokings past just like the Ducks.
I'm more concerned by the fact that so far the home team has won each time, and Game 7 is in San Jose.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 07:46 AM
  #112
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Nashville completely dominated game 6 after the first period.

Johansen with 3rd goal in series, 5th point.

Sharks feeling the heat of chokings past just like the Ducks.
Haven't seen every Preds game but that's the best I've seen Johansen in these playoffs. I like both of these teams, so it's been interesting watching and noting my rooting interest shift not only game-to-game but within games as well.

Dallas hangs on to force a game 7 in the other series out west. Lehtonen with a ridiculous save with a half-minute or so left in the third to preserve it.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 01:58 PM
  #113
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'm more concerned by the fact that so far the home team has won each time, and Game 7 is in San Jose.
Extra day of rest looms huge for Preds. They've been playing every other day since the playoffs began. Their total logged travel miles is ridiculous so this extra day couldn't have come at a better time. I had thought that they were done after game 5-they looked completely gassed. They weren't (obviously) but the extra day has to help and the extra day of "thinking" for the Sharks isn't going to be very helpful:

https://coyotesblog.wordpress.com/20...layoff-chokes/

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 02:12 PM
  #114
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Haven't seen every Preds game but that's the best I've seen Johansen in these playoffs. I like both of these teams, so it's been interesting watching and noting my rooting interest shift not only game-to-game but within games as well.

Dallas hangs on to force a game 7 in the other series out west. Lehtonen with a ridiculous save with a half-minute or so left in the third to preserve it.
You are redefining "bandwaggoning". Someone had to do it-may as well have been you. Good work.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 02:33 PM
  #115
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
You are redefining "bandwaggoning". Someone had to do it-may as well have been you. Good work.
If it's redefined, maybe it isn't bandwagoning at all. And thank you for recognizing my unique ability to redefine things. Although I resent the idea that someone had to do it. No they didn't, but I damn well thought of it anyway.

So many recent playoff series between two teams I dislike, trying to decide the lesser of two evils, I'm just enjoying this one. So nyah.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 02:45 PM
  #116
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kölumboos
Country: United States
Posts: 30,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
If it's redefined, maybe it isn't bandwagoning at all. And thank you for recognizing my unique ability to redefine things. Although I resent the idea that someone had to do it. No they didn't, but I damn well thought of it anyway.

So many recent playoff series between two teams I dislike, trying to decide the lesser of two evils, I'm just enjoying this one. So nyah.
See, for me it's a lot simpler. The Sharks are awesome and I love 'em, unless they're playing the Preds in the playoffs in which case they're dream-killing scum of the earth who must be laid low like the dogs they are.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 02:59 PM
  #117
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
See, for me it's a lot simpler. The Sharks are awesome and I love 'em, unless they're playing the Preds in the playoffs in which case they're dream-killing scum of the earth who must be laid low like the dogs they are.
Truth is, I prefer the Preds in a vacuum, too. But the Sharks have that so-close-for-so-long thing going on... Like I said, I'm rooting for them both.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 04:03 PM
  #118
We Want Ten
Gameday Drinker
 
We Want Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg41 View Post
Doesn't want to be there anymore.
I'm familiar with this.

We Want Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2016, 10:21 PM
  #119
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,088
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh-Tampa is going to be a hell of a series

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2016, 05:42 AM
  #120
niflheim
Hockey is cheating
 
niflheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Ovi, Ovi... another year, another 2 round exit...

niflheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2016, 08:36 AM
  #121
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by niflheim View Post
Ovi, Ovi... another year, another 2 round exit...
Kind of sad really. The Caps always seem to roar through the regular season, but can't kick it into that next gear in the play-offs.

Not to mention that they ran into a Penguins team that caught fire late in the season and has carried that through the play-offs. And they seem to have found a young goalie that does not have a habit if choking in the play-offs.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2016, 10:18 AM
  #122
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,090
vCash: 500
Crazy story regarding Vancouver forward Linden Vey's family.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2693730/fa...iracy-charges/

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2016, 02:56 PM
  #123
Monk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Kind of sad really. The Caps always seem to roar through the regular season, but can't kick it into that next gear in the play-offs.

Not to mention that they ran into a Penguins team that caught fire late in the season and has carried that through the play-offs. And they seem to have found a young goalie that does not have a habit if choking in the play-offs.
Ovechkin's game now seems to be "I have the puck so I skate hard to net and shoot, now I don't have the puck so I'll stand at the top of the circle and wait for someone to pass it to me so I can try a one-timer."

And everyone knows it.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2016, 03:15 PM
  #124
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Ovechkin's game now seems to be "I have the puck so I skate hard to net and shoot, now I don't have the puck so I'll stand at the top of the circle and wait for someone to pass it to me so I can try a one-timer."

And everyone knows it.
Yes, and everyone's known it for 10+ years, and been unable to stop him. Did the Penguins shut him down? No.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2016, 03:58 PM
  #125
pete goegan
Registered User
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 12,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Ovechkin's game now seems to be "I have the puck so I skate hard to net and shoot, now I don't have the puck so I'll stand at the top of the circle and wait for someone to pass it to me so I can try a one-timer."

And everyone knows it.
The tying goal, last night was on a nice first assist from Ovi after he and Carlsen exchanged places at the top of the power play. He also is a wrecking ball along the boards. Sure, he has a favorite spot but he's no one-trick-pony.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.