HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens 3, Ducks 0 - Post game...

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 09:36 PM
gbl1p

vCash: 500
Sens 3, Ducks 0 - Post game...

Any comments?

Lalime showed us what he's made of, stopping all 27 shots he faced. The glove was on fire all night! Love to see Varada put home his own garbage by crashing the net and banging away, it's a nice dimension that I think we were lacking for the better part of last year. What do ya know, Chara, Hossa and Spezza all with another point a piece - Can't wait till they REALLY start playing (I'll cut Spezza some slack, I think he's been his usual crafty self, but is a 20 yr adjusting to the highest level in the world). Bonky still going about his points.

Aside from that, it was yet another yawner. I think by now we assume these western road swings to be tight, conservative games.

Old
10-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I was at the game, Lalime was amazing. He made some huuuge saves to preserve the win, until Smoke made a nice play banking it off Vishnevsky for the insurance goal.

Rachunek is a stud, he made 3-4 excellent defensive plays and he really seems to be firing the puck this season more than last. He was the best Sen on the ice tonight, well after Lalime.

Also, alot more Sens fans than in years past. I don't know if its that bandwagon fans are flocking to the team, or if more Ottawans are coming to SoCal.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:20 PM
LuckyLUC20

Glad to see Smoke scoring his first goal of the season. Great job, Smoke!

Lalime was really good tonight. I thought the Ducks played pretty well, but they just couldn't get the puck past Lalime. Lalime was definitely the difference.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:25 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Why no Volchenkov?

Old
10-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

He was listed as healthy, but someone mentioned that he may have had the flu.

Old
10-18-2003, 04:47 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Man, Ottawa was lucky to get that win. Lalime really stood tall.

Anaheim may not have any points, but they looked solid and gave Ottawa all they could handle. For most of the game, I was just waiting for the Ducks to score, but Lalime kept stoning them. One of the more impressive shutouts I've seen him have.

And that was a nice net crash by Varada.

I hope Ottawa puts forth a better performance tonight in San Jose. I would think Lalime will get the start.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:28 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
alls i'm saying to the ottawa cats is thank you for the good juju... do it again... do it again...

then i'll pray for you that Smoke's goal isn't the only non empty netter he gets this season...

Old
10-18-2003, 09:34 AM
SENSfreak_03

it was an intresting game, we seemed to contol the first, but then we kind of let up after that. lalime sure helped us win this one, its kinda hard to comment when i had to listen on the radio, but they still dont sound up to steam. we had the same kind of start last year, so nothing to worry about yet.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Volchenkov sat because Martin is rotating the bottom 4 d-man in and out of the line-up. Most of us expected this, but we didn't think Anton would be part of the rotation. An interesting move by Martin.

I still think Volchenkov will play more than 70 games even if everyone is healthy. Martin did say he would keep a player in if they were playing well, which is rather surprising considering Volchenkov has played pretty well (although he is a -1).

Closed Thread