HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Samsonov

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2006, 01:15 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37
Out of curiosity, what would you guys offer for Samsonov?
Cammallari and a third.

Old
01-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Haik

Last season Gonchar(UFA) was traded for Morrison.
Imo, Grebeshkov and a 1st is more than fair for Samsonov and Boynton.

Old
01-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Agree with you on Samsonov. I would bet he is extended before long.
Why would Samsonov do that? He was offered a 3-year contract last Summer and turned it down, then accepted his qualifying offer, presumably so that he'll be a UFA this Summer. I doubt that he'd accept an extension now when he walked from a long-term deal before the season. Besides, even if he wanted to stay with the Bruins, he'd be outright stupid to extend a qualifying offer (which must be less than his worth) instead of waiting until Summer and having the open market bump up the Bruins' offer.

Old
01-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik
I don't think that DT would part with a 1st just on principle, even for Boynton. I did consider Grebeshkov last night, though. Perhaps he was called up instead of Petiot in order to test him a little and maybe show him off. After Saturday's game, I'm intrigued with his potential and less willing to trade him than I was previously, but he can still be had. Perhaps a Grebeshkov-for-Samsonov straight-up deal would be suitable. It's really not that much different than the Gleason-Smolinski trade. I realize that Samsonov is a little better than Smolinski and Gleason was more developed than Grebeshkov, but Samsonov also makes $2.7M, so that has to be taken into consideration, too. I wouldn't be opposed to adding a throw-in 4th-rounder if demand called for it, though.

Last edited by Osprey: 01-02-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old
01-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Why would Samsonov do that? He was offered a 3-year contract last Summer and turned it down, then accepted his qualifying offer, presumably so that he'll be a UFA this Summer. I doubt that he'd accept an extension now when he walked from a long-term deal before the season. Besides, even if he wanted to stay with the Bruins, he'd be outright stupid to extend a qualifying offer (which must be less than his worth) instead of waiting until Summer and having the open market bump up the Bruins' offer.
I am not sure where you got this info. The Bruins were tight to the cap last off season and Samsonov was stuck at his qualifier. There is still plenty of time and Samsonov has indicated that he wants to stay....just couldnt come together on a long term deal before the season.

Old
01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
Besides the lack of contract problem as far as Samsonov is concerned, Boynton is injured, and the Bruins are short right defensemen. I started at Dempsey they replied Gleason. Grebeshkov might be that middle ground. Pick becomes 5th.
No offense but I watched several games last year in the AHL and saw Grebeshkov and I wasnt all that impressed. Seems like he could be a nice player, but when and how good?

Perhaps there just isnt a match. I would rather look elsewhere for a better deal.

The Samsonov for Cammelari and a 3rd was the best offer so far and would probably be acceptable.

Old
01-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik
Gonchar was traded for Morrison along with a first and second rounder. The Kings would have to give more to get both Samsonov and Boynton.

Old
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
DT won't part with a 1st just on principle, but certainly not for a rental, I would think. I did consider Grebeshkov last night, though. Perhaps he was called up instead of Petiot in order to test him a little and maybe show him off. After Saturday's game, I'm intrigued with his potential and less willing to trade him than I was previously, but he can still be had. Perhaps a Grebeshkov-for-Samsonov straight-up deal would be suitable. It's really not that much different than the Gleason-Smolinski trade. I realize that Samsonov is a little better than Smolinski and Gleason was more developed than Grebeshkov, but Samsonov also makes $2.7M, so that has to be taken into consideration, too. I wouldn't be opposed to adding a throw-in 4th-rounder if demand called for it, though.
If we had Boynton and Samsonov we would probably win the division and have a very low 1st round pick anyways.

I agree on Grebs. I always thought he didn't wanna play in the AHL...thus sucking up the joint. He'lll come around imo. But still for Boynton I'd give up Grebs.

Old
01-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Glockaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
haha man, u guys are really giving up chump to get samsonov. samsonov is a quality player and it's goin to take a lot more then a low pick and some 3rd and 4th liner package. he'd take pretty much something like brown or grebeshkov + maybe a low round pick. He may be UFA, but that doesnt mean he is not great value for any team gunning for a playoff run. In fact, the fact that there are no ties in the future can up his value as the GM doesn't have to worry about taking on his salary. Since he'll be traded prob near deadline, his salary this year isn't too big an issue as most of it is already paid off.

I doubt DT pulls off a trade for samsonov.
Yeah, I double dare Dave to make that trade. Do it Dave, all the cool Gm's are. LOL

Old
01-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Osprey

Quote:
I am not sure where you got this info. The Bruins were tight to the cap last off season and Samsonov was stuck at his qualifier. There is still plenty of time and Samsonov has indicated that he wants to stay....just couldnt come together on a long term deal before the season.
My source is here
Quote:
Jul 26, 2005 News Samsonov received a three-year contract offer from the Bruins on Tuesday, reports TSN.
Aug 10, 2005 News Samsonov signed his qualifying offer Wednesday, according to the Bruins' official site. Terms were not disclosed.
I haven't double-checked this info anywhere, but I don't see any reason to doubt it.

Old
01-02-2006, 04:01 PM
bayern13

what about boyle roussin and a 1st for sammy and boynton?

Old
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern13
what about boyle roussin and a 1st for sammy and boynton?
You've got a deal if the 1st was for 2007 and conditional upon Samsonov signing a new contract with the Kings this Summer; otherwise, it'd be a 2nd. A 1st seems risky to me when Samsonov could walk this Summer and Boynton the Summer after that (and Boyle basically is a 1st). I could be way off-base, though.

Old
01-02-2006, 06:15 PM
guzmania

After 2 lucidating beers, (Snow cap, Pyramid Brewery, wonder if they have it at the Publick House?), - Would Avery for Samsonov be totally out of the question? Hmmmm? held out of the game with an "injury". Avery in the east...Whoa Nelly! There's an expression from my youth- Kick an old turd and it stinks again. If anything could get Boston back in this thing it's Sean. He sure could "stink up' the division.

Old
01-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
After 2 lucidating beers, (Snow cap, Pyramid Brewery, wonder if they have it at the Publick House?), - Would Avery for Samsonov be totally out of the question? Hmmmm? held out of the game with an "injury". Avery in the east...Whoa Nelly! There's an expression from my youth- Kick an old turd and it stinks again. If anything could get Boston back in this thing it's Sean. He sure could "stink up' the division.
I realize as much as anyone that teams need guys like Avery, you just simply dont get Samsonov for a guy like him. You have to consider that we can always go elsewhere and get prospects or players with higher ceilings from teams who are serious about making a run.

Old
01-03-2006, 12:53 AM
KBA4life

Getting Boynton and Samsonov would probably make the Kings favorites in the West.

I say Dempsey, Baier, and Tukonen for Boynton and Sammy would be fair.

Old
01-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA4life
Getting Boynton and Samsonov would probably make the Kings favorites in the West.

I say Dempsey, Baier, and Tukonen for Boynton and Sammy would be fair.
I wouldn't trade away 2 prospects just to have Sammy for the rest of this season. I might consider it if a long-term contract were part of the deal.

Closed Thread