HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part V

Old
08-19-2016, 01:22 AM
sparkle twin
Don't draft me brah!

vCash: 500
Goodlettsville!!

What a win!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Gnashville
One and Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Goodlettsville!!

What a win!
I just realized the Bowling Green also has a team in Williamsport that is two teams about 50 miles apart on interstate 65

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2016, 12:12 AM
sparkle twin
Don't draft me brah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I just realized the Bowling Green also has a team in Williamsport that is two teams about 50 miles apart on interstate 65
And Kentucky won, too!

I still think it's funny Kentucky is in the Great Lakes region.

Old
08-26-2016, 10:35 PM
Gnashville
One and Done

On to the us championship game

Old
08-27-2016, 12:02 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
On to the us championship game
Since TN Has a loss will they have to beat NY twice? Or is it not true double elimination?

08-27-2016, 12:32 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Since TN Has a loss will they have to beat NY twice? Or is it not true double elimination?
Looks like the US Championship is a one and done game. The World Series Championship is Sunday.

http://www.llbws.org/Assets/2016+LLB...ket/master.pdf

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Gnashville
One and Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
It is one game for all the marbles, it is unfair to the winner's bracket team since the only advantage is playing one less game.

Old
08-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
I think it's funny that earlier in the summer I was thinking to myself "I guess it's about to be time for the Little League games to come back again and watch whatever Nashville team is probably in it this year." Sure enough, here we are with Goodlettsville in another title game. Good luck dudes, represent.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2016, 02:08 AM
sparkle twin
Don't draft me brah!

Well it was a nice run for Goodlettsville!!

Old
08-29-2016, 10:29 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Well it was a nice run for Goodlettsville!!
Indeed.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Update: September 2

- UT will snap out of it but last night was why you don't hype up a team too much before they've actually accomplished anything.

- Derek Mason is still a very good defensive coordinator and a very poor head coach.

- WKU picked up right where they left off last season, throwing for 552 yards in an easy 46-14 conference opening win over Rice. Go Tops.

Should be an awesome weekend of college football. Really looking forward to the scene up in Green Bay for Wisconsin-LSU. I know Les Miles said none of his players will do a Lambeau Leap, but I'd love to see a Badger do it, even if it's a penalty.

Old
09-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Legionnaire11
#2 Draft Pick

Boo to WKU... Tomorrow MT will show who the class of C-USA is!!!

But yea, UT got a bit of a wake up call. I was certain that they've been looking past Appy State all summer. Now I don't think it was as terrible of a game as most people will. I thought the called back TD could have gone either way and the first down that was called back really confused me. It was the correct call of no catch, but they had lined up and ran another play which I've always thought meant that the previous play could no longer be reviewed. Anyway, those reviews really seemed to get into their head.

Combined with Appy State doing some unorthodox things, like their blocking scheme on the run game. They played a game that a big underdog with nothing to lose would play against a ranked opponent. I don't think many if any other teams on the schedule are going to play that style AND as mentioned before I felt the team looked over this game, I think they may have intentionally held back a bit.

But the mental aspect is the biggest concern. The physical talent is there, and they need to open up the play calling. Anyone who thought this was a championship level team was kidding themselves, but I think they can stay in the top-25 all season which would be an improvement. At least it seems like they've gotten back to the point where they have to be taken seriously each week, this is almost the point where the real building begins.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Gnashville
One and Done

UT is highly overrated their QB is awful, his best play was a fumble.

On to Vandy the talent is there but the coaching is just awful. Why would you change QB's for no reason, and why run the same play over and over again? Running up the middle 30 times a game puts 10 players in the box. Why no play action passes? Depending on a awful kicker to take the lead, Then to let the clock run off 40 seconds and the team win it on a FG. Just terrible coaching and MTSU will blow them out next weekend. Really only TSU is a winnable game with this staff. Work on your resume Mason.

Titans while I am at it. They will win 2 games this season and trade the first overall pick again and draft another O lineman. They have become the Oilers (love the irony) of the NFL.

Last edited by Gnashville: 09-03-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old
09-04-2016, 07:18 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Why Kentucky even bothers to have a football team is beyond me.

If I was the AD Stoops would be fired this morning.

Only saving grace is I fell asleep at halftime and didn't have to actually watch the second half

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2016, 08:31 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

My alma mater AND my state school both won this weekend.

Lambeau Leaps for everyone.

Facebook - @jwhouk
Where I'd really rather be right now

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2016, 11:12 AM
adsfan

I saw part of the Vandy football game while I was at trivia on Thursday. They were leading 10-3, then it was 10-10 and lost 13-10.

Can anybody fill me in on what happened? I know that they lost 2 players over a criminal trial. It was in the news when I was down there. I saw the stadium in the distance when I visited the Parthenon at Easter.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2016, 11:15 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
My alma mater AND my state school both won this weekend.

Lambeau Leaps for everyone.
I saw #40 Wisconsin beat #5 LSU. What a joke pre-season ratings are.

I will admit that Alabama looked like a #1 versus USuckCalifornia (52-6).

Old
09-04-2016, 11:27 AM
year1fan

Mason is all defense and appears to know very little about offense. A hard lesson to learn is that what Vandys offense does in practice against Vandy doesn't necessarily work in games against competition.
And if you don't know who your quarterback is, you don't know anything. Poor Mason cannot learn this lesson.
Vandy came up with 2 good coaches prior to Mason. The 3rd time was not a charm. I like him, I want him to succeed, I wish him great success but he seems to be destined to be a coordinator, not a head coach.

year1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2016, 12:13 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Shhh. I have it on good authority that my alma mater... might have their best team in years.

And I think adsfan and company know how impressive that statement is.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2016, 02:18 PM
Legionnaire11
#2 Draft Pick

Although MT faced a FBS team yesterday, they did what they needed to. 45-0 at halftime, scored on every possession until the one that ended the half, then put the 2nd/3rd team in and finished it off 55-0.

Can't wait to face Vandy next week!

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I saw part of the Vandy football game while I was at trivia on Thursday. They were leading 10-3, then it was 10-10 and lost 13-10.

Can anybody fill me in on what happened?
I'm not a Vandy graduate (UT here and they are #1 for me) but I do follow and cheer for VU. VU could be up 40-0 at halftime and end up losing over the most ridiculous series of events that could never have been predicted--and then have a repeat the next week. A big win doesn't translate to the next week. The team celebrates the fact that they won "a" game or are "ahead" and that seems to be enough. Even when they have a decent season (.500 or higher) if ANYTHING happens it ruins the next season. Lose a key player or a decent coach--devastation.

Before they became competitive under James Franklin, I don't think you have the incident that got people jailed. But on field play may have edged out character in recruiting for a few years. Now I think they're back to the realization that maybe that's not the direction the university wants to go but they do well in the SEC in other areas so they stick with it. So celebrating being ahead at halftime gets in the way of finishing out the game.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Gnashville
One and Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post

Can anybody fill me in on what happened? I know that they lost 2 players over a criminal trial. It was in the news when I was down there. I saw the stadium in the distance when I visited the Parthenon at Easter.
Actually South Carolina had the suspended players. It is mind boggling how the lost. Ever heard of prevent offense. That is what Mason tried to do. Ran one play over and over again and punted after three and out. I worked until the defense broke and SC tied it up. Then they moved the ball and tried a long FG and then SC kicked a 55 yard FG to win it

Old
09-04-2016, 10:55 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Actually South Carolina had the suspended players. It is mind boggling how the lost. Ever heard of prevent offense. That is what Mason tried to do. Ran one play over and over again and punted after three and out. I worked until the defense broke and SC tied it up. Then they moved the ball and tried a long FG and then SC kicked a 55 yard FG to win it
Batey and Vanderburg. I had to look up their names. The Batey trial was going on when I was down there. I can't believe that the other guy had 2 trials.

The Packers ran that same offense around 1986. Run right, run left and run right. Then punt. It was awful. It was the low point for the team in the 35 years that I have lived in Wisconsin. They were 4-12. Same season that Jim McMahon was body slammed by Charles Martin.

Old
09-04-2016, 11:38 PM
year1fan

Mariani was cut. Can he still return kicks?

year1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
UT is highly overrated their QB is awful, his best play was a fumble.

On to Vandy the talent is there but the coaching is just awful. Why would you change QB's for no reason, and why run the same play over and over again? Running up the middle 30 times a game puts 10 players in the box. Why no play action passes? Depending on a awful kicker to take the lead, Then to let the clock run off 40 seconds and the team win it on a FG. Just terrible coaching and MTSU will blow them out next weekend. Really only TSU is a winnable game with this staff. Work on your resume Mason.

Titans while I am at it. They will win 2 games this season and trade the first overall pick again and draft another O lineman. They have become the Oilers (love the irony) of the NFL.
The Titans aren't my team but if you're attempting to dog on them for trading down and drafting Conklin I have no idea what you're trying to say. Doing just that was a smart move and everyone knew it. Try having a team with no offensive linemen, I'm sure it'll go really well. Plus they robbed the Rams of their first rounder next year after they have another awful season so the Titans reap the benefits of that also. Their GM is one of the league's up and coming young minds and he's wasting no time getting rid of players that were from old management in favor of his own guys and the types that he helped assemble in New England. He's the same guy that basically drafted Gronkowski on his own. I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't think the Titans are moving in the right direction. It'll take a few years probably but I feel like it's kind of an indisputable fact that they are.