HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Vs. Habs Saturday

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Leafs Vs. Habs Saturday

Greetings Leafs fans! Can't wait for the game Saturday. Nothing beats a good old Leafs - Habs game! So how does your roster look like for Saturday night? Koivu won't be back yet for us.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:23 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Yes, I can't wait either. Hopefully the Leafs will show up this time. But I love Leafs-Habs games in Montreal - the atmosphere is second to none.

Lineup - we dont have Mogilny with us, and Quinn hinted at dressing Ponikarovsky or Perrott tonight - so Id say Belak sits or one of our dmen (kondratiev) sits in favour of belak on the blueline.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Rand

Leafs-Habs... always my favourite games

Mogilny will be out of the lineup for the Habs game, no word on who'll be taking his spot.

Belak probably won't be dressed as the Habs tend not to be overly physical opponents.
I'm guessing Ponikarovsky will be on forward, though the Leafs are high on Perrott so he may get the spot.

10-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Epoch

I have a feeling the Leafs are saving Perrott for the Isles game on monday. But with Quinn you never know....

I just hope the Leafs put up a better performance.

Old
10-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
I say its going to be a nasty game, the leafs are in a mood. If Perrot is playing hes going to wanna make a few big hits early.
4-1 Leafers

Old
10-18-2003, 03:55 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
I just wish Quinn would give Perrott his shot.. I hope it's tonight Quinn get's on my nerves with the way he uses his players. He sit's guys who are better and who could contribute more then some guys playing it's beyond me.

Old
10-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Epoch

PS2 Predicts:

Leafs at Canadiens October 18, 2003</B>

The Leafs recorded their first win of the season Saturday as they dumped the Canadiens 5-3 at the Bell Centre. Mats Sundin had a pair of goals while Roberts, Nieuwendyk, and Domi all added a marker.
    1. Mats Sundin
    2. Ed Belfour
    3. Yannick Perrault

Old
10-18-2003, 05:54 AM
King of Kelvington

XBOX prediction:

Leafs & Montreal oct. 18, 2003

Montreal keeps rolling with a 3-0 shutout of the defunct leafs...

3 Stars:

1. Jose Theodore
2. Micheal Ryder
3. Nik Antropov

...I think I'm gonna trade in the xbox for a PS2!

Old
10-18-2003, 06:51 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendel Clark Jr.
XBOX prediction:

Leafs & Montreal oct. 18, 2003

Montreal keeps rolling with a 3-0 shutout of the defunct leafs...

3 Stars:

1. Jose Theodore
2. Micheal Ryder
3. Nik Antropov

...I think I'm gonna trade in the xbox for a PS2!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
10-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Go Habs Go

I hope Quinn dresses Perrott, from what I saw during the preseason, he looks fantastic. I'm going to predict a 3-2 win for my Habs.

Markov
Perreault
Ryder

Sundin
Tucker

Old
10-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
I just wish Quinn would give Perrott his shot.. I hope it's tonight Quinn get's on my nerves with the way he uses his players. He sit's guys who are better and who could contribute more then some guys playing it's beyond me.
MAN do I ever agree with this... I can understand not changing a lineup if you are winning and playing well, but for the Leaf of me I can not understand the STAND PAT attitude when a team is struggling and then the first players Quinn will bench will be Stajan and Kondratiev ..the youngsters with some jump..to play others ...You just watch...

Old
10-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Habfansincebirth

This is going to be a big test for both clubs. The Habs need to show that they are for real and the Leafs need a win.

It is always difficult to beat a club twice in a such a short time span and the Leafs will use that 4-0 shutout at their home opener as motivation, so I expect them to come out very strong in the first. Should be a great game.

The only thing I hate about the Leafs coming to town is that they bring their fans. I have never seen a bigger bunch of retards run amok in our streets. It's like they've never 1) drank alcohol 2) been out in a cool city and 3)seen attractive women before. Well... I guess they haven't. At least I know they will all be on Crescent or the strip joints so I can avoid them and go to St.Laurent.

Have fun in Montreal Leaf fans...just stick to Crescent and the strips.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfansincebirth
This is going to be a big test for both clubs. The Habs need to show that they are for real and the Leafs need a win.

It is always difficult to beat a club twice in a such a short time span and the Leafs will use that 4-0 shutout at their home opener as motivation, so I expect them to come out very strong in the first. Should be a great game.

The only thing I hate about the Leafs coming to town is that they bring their fans. I have never seen a bigger bunch of retards run amok in our streets. It's like they've never 1) drank alcohol 2) been out in a cool city and 3)seen attractive women before. Well... I guess they haven't. At least I know they will all be on Crescent or the strip joints so I can avoid them and go to St.Laurent.

Have fun in Montreal Leaf fans...just stick to Crescent and the strips.

That's bull! Toronto is a great city to go clubbing (club scene is better then Montreal in my opinion) and there are so many bars to hit too. Toronto people are just party animals that's all. Nothing wrong with getting a little rowdy and having a little fun. I come from Toronto so I know how its like.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:32 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
It would be one thing to select your starters that way if the team was firing on all cylinders.But to watch them struggle and still refuse to attempt to inject some new blood is absurd.I know its only 3 games into the season but to me it seems like the ideal time to send the "play like you mean it,or sit" message.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:36 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
MAN do I ever agree with this... I can understand not changing a lineup if you are winning and playing well, but for the Leaf of me I can not understand the STAND PAT attitude when a team is struggling and then the first players Quinn will bench will be Stajan and Kondratiev ..the youngsters with some jump..to play others ...You just watch...
Sorry Mess,i see i kinda repeated what you had already posted.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:51 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
Sorry Mess,i see i kinda repeated what you had already posted.
No Prob!!!... Great minds think a like ...

or is that Fools sedom differ

Old
10-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
I will go with a 5-2 win for Toronto well atleast I am rooting for that score I have this in my Pool... any how besides the point
3 stars
Nolan
Sundin
Renberg

Old
10-18-2003, 10:09 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Nathan Perrott will play tonight.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Habfansincebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
That's bull! Toronto is a great city to go clubbing (club scene is better then Montreal in my opinion) and there are so many bars to hit too. Toronto people are just party animals that's all. Nothing wrong with getting a little rowdy and having a little fun. I come from Toronto so I know how its like.
That is laughable!
The most fun I ever had in TO was at a dump called The Matador. The clubs sucked. Everyone trying sooo hard pretending they are in NY City. Pathetic. Montreal doesn't try to be anything but Montreal. Even the pretentious places are more genuine than in TO. The french language (and girls) also adds a sexy factor that all the overpriced drinks and J-Lo wannabes can't buy. My TO friends come here for fun, never the other way around.

That being said, I respect Toronto's work ethic. You guys are definitely better at making money. I also applaude your ability to spend 4 hours a day in traffic without going postal.

Here's to the best rivalry in Hockey. Go Habs Go!

Old
10-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfansincebirth
That is laughable!
The most fun I ever had in TO was at a dump called The Matador. The clubs sucked. Everyone trying sooo hard pretending they are in NY City. Pathetic. Montreal doesn't try to be anything but Montreal. Even the pretentious places are more genuine than in TO. The french language (and girls) also adds a sexy factor that all the overpriced drinks and J-Lo wannabes can't buy. My TO friends come here for fun, never the other way around.

That being said, I respect Toronto's work ethic. You guys are definitely better at making money. I also applaude your ability to spend 4 hours a day in traffic without going postal.

Here's to the best rivalry in Hockey. Go Habs Go!

That's because you go to "tourist" clubs when you come to Toronto. Toronto's underground and house scene is only outmatched by London's. I like living in Montreal but the dance clubs totally suck. All they play is pop garbage like Justin and Aguilera tracks. They have a few after hours places that are ok but Toronto has like four times the amount of clubs then Montreal. But when it comes to coffee shops and lounging places then Montreal wins by far.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Habfansincebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
That's because you go to "tourist" clubs when you come to Toronto. Toronto's underground and house scene is only outmatched by London's. I like living in Montreal but the dance clubs totally suck. All they play is pop garbage like Justin and Aguilera tracks. They have a few after hours places that are ok but Toronto has like four times the amount of clubs then Montreal. But when it comes to coffee shops and lounging places then Montreal wins by far.
That's the problem in TO. Always trying to emulate the scene from other cities. Make your own scene.
As for the dance clubs you mentioned....that pop crap is played in the clubs that tourists and Leaf fans frequent on Crescent street.

The fact that there are bouncers guarding the toilets to keep people from bringing drinks in is a sign that TO is still a Victorian city at heart. Montreal: work to live. Toronto: live to work.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
Nathan Perrott will play tonight.
For real? That's great news!!

Old
10-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Johnny

[QUOTE=Habfansincebirth]That's the problem in TO. Always trying to emulate the scene from other cities. Make your own scene.
QUOTE]

How can you make your own scene in a city so diverse? Fact of the matter is different types of cultures are drawn to different types of music, that can be found at different types of clubs. There is something for every different taste in TO.

I've never been to Montreal personally, but know plenty of people who have. From what they say the only thing better about Montreals night life is the last call pushed back until 3am, and the women are more outgoing and easy, but not hotter. So if you are looking for a easy piece of ass, and a whole extra hr of drinking, Montreal is the place for you.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Johnny

[QUOTE=Habfansincebirth] Everyone trying sooo hard pretending they are in NY City. Pathetic. QUOTE]

Thats quite the generalization you have on Torontonians there. Pathetic.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:25 AM
leafaholix*

Toronto - 3
Montreal - 1

1-0 Mats Sundin (Owen Nolan)
1-1 Michael Ryder (Donald Audette)
2-1 Nikolai Antropov (Tomas Kaberle, Mats Sundin)
3-1 Ken Klee (Unassisted)

Three Stars
1. Mats Sundin
2. Michael Ryder
3. Ed Belfour

Closed Thread