HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Vancouver - Boston

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2006, 10:45 PM
JoeLH

vCash: 500
Proposal: Vancouver - Boston

to Boston: Ouellet, Morrison, Jovanovski

to Vancouver: Raycroft, Murray, Slegr, Gill

new lines could be:

Samsonov - Morrison - Bergeron
Sturm - Zhamnov - Boyes
Axelsson - Primeau - Isbister
Fitzgerald - Green - Leahy

Stuart - Jovanovski
Leetch - Boynton
Jurcina - Tanabe

Toivonen
Ouellet (or Thomas)

Näslund - Bertuzzi - Murray
D Sedin - H Sedin - Carter
Cooke - Kesler - Park
Ruuttu - Linden - Goren

Öhlund - Salo
Slegr - McCarthy
Gill - Allen

Raycroft
Auld

Last edited by JoeLH: 01-02-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old
01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Peter Griffin

No from a Canucks' POV. Murray's contract is not something I'd want near the Canucks and downgrading from Jovo to Gill and Slegr is also not something I'd want. I like Raycroft though and think he still has a solid career ahead of him. Maybe something centered around Raycroft and Morrison? Vancouver would then need to acquire a top center somewhere else though as I don't think Bertuzzi is a solid long term option at that spot.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:08 PM
acr*

Counter-Proposal from a Boston perspective

To Vancouver:Raycroft, Zhamnov(You want Razor, you've gotta take Zhamnov off our hands, that's the deal), Slegr

To Boston:Morrison, Cloutier or Oulette, Salo, draft pick/prospect

Old
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr
Counter-Proposal from a Boston perspective

To Vancouver:Raycroft, Zhamnov(You want Razor, you've gotta take Zhamnov off our hands, that's the deal), Slegr

To Boston:Morrison, Cloutier or Oulette, Salo, draft pick/prospect

That's even worse then the 1st one! Zhamnov's contract is worse then Murray's! Sorry, nobody is going to take on that contract(two more years at $4 mil per) at Zhamnov's age(35) and with his lousy production. I'd suggest to Bruins' fans that you try to like Zhamnov, you're stuck with him.

On the flip side Sami Salo and his contract is one of the NHL's best bargains. He won't be dealt for anything short of an overpayment, and this deal is far, far from it.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
JoeLH

well, i think that would be too much from the canuck's POV.
perhaps simply Raycroft + Gill for Morrison + (2nd or 3rd round) pick?

Old
01-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLH
well, i think that would be too much from the canuck's POV.
perhaps simply Raycroft + Gill for Morrison + (2nd or 3rd round) pick?
Take out Gill(I can't see him doing well in Vancouver) and the pick and I'd think about it.

However, I'd think that Boston would probably want someone younger than Morrison if they are trading away Raycroft.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
acr*

We'd need another goalie in return.

Tim Thomas would have to clear waivers to be called up as backup, and with all the injuries around he could be taken. I like Morrison, but I don't think either team would benefit in the short term from a Raycroft/Morrison straight up swap.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr
We'd need another goalie in return.

Tim Thomas would have to clear waivers to be called up as backup, and with all the injuries around he could be taken. I like Morrison, but I don't think either team would benefit in the short term from a Raycroft/Morrison straight up swap.

Yea, it's tough to say. I would certainly shake up both teams which is something that I think is needed. If the Canucks could acquire a decent 1st/2nd line center from another team, I'd do it, but if not, that opens up a hole at center if Bertuzzi can't handle the 1st line center spot long term.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:27 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

good luck dumping Zhamnov.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:29 PM
JoeLH

Really? Boston has some problems with scoring goals and a playmaker like Morrison could help Sturm, Samsonov, Bergeron and Murray to build some quite good chemistry.
And Vancouver has by far no number one goalie and Raycroft good be a really good addition with a fresh start in BC.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Just out of curiousity, why has Raycroft been so bad this year? I haven't watched many Bruins' games, but his stats are attrocious. Horrible case of the sophomore jinx or is he just not as good as many projected after his rookie season?

Old
01-02-2006, 11:47 PM
acr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Just out of curiousity, why has Raycroft been so bad this year? I haven't watched many Bruins' games, but his stats are attrocious. Horrible case of the sophomore jinx or is he just not as good as many projected after his rookie season?
1.He didn't play at all during the lockout.
2.He held out and missed a bit of training camp, so started the season out of shape.
3.He had a hamstring injury earlier in the year and hasn't seemed to fully recover.
4.Bad defense in front of him, and some bad luck.

He probably also is feeling pressure with Toivonen stealing his job

I think if he went to a new team, he'd be fine and back to his calder-winning self.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:47 PM
JoeLH

In my opinion he had some problems with the pressure of Toivonen and also the media after a bad start. I think with a new beginning he still could make a real good career as a starter.
But what's up with Morrison. He's really a good hockey player who should benefit with the new rules ... and now he plays only in the third line ...

Old
01-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLH
In my opinion he had some problems with the pressure of Toivonen and also the media after a bad start. I think with a new beginning he still could make a real good career as a starter.
But what's up with Morrison. He's really a good hockey player who should benefit with the new rules ... and now he plays only in the third line ...
I think a chance of scenery could do Raycroft justice as well. He's only 25 years old and has some good skills.

Didn't Raycroft play in Finland last year though?

As for Morrison, he struggled at the start of the season and has been somewhat in Crawford's doghouse all year. He's been pretty streaky this year but is still on pace for 60+ points while playing a solid two-way game. Crawford likes to juggle his lines a lot so Morrison often finds himself centering the 3rd line with Matt Cooke and Richard Park. Morrison found himself back with Naslund on the top line towards the end of the game tonight though.

Old
01-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Raycroft, Zhamnov, 2nd rounder or a prospect d-man not named Stuart

for

Morisson

That's it. Raycroft and a solid defenseman (Alberts, Jurcina) would probably be enough to get Morrison, infact, it's overpayment from Boston IMO, but the catch is Vancouver has to take Zhamnov.

Old
01-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever

for

Morisson

That's it. Raycroft and a solid defenseman (Alberts, Jurcina) would probably be enough to get Morrison, infact, it's overpayment from Boston IMO, but the catch is Vancouver has to take Zhamnov.
Why on earth, would any team want Zhamnovs contract?

Old
01-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever

for

Morisson

Quit trying to pawn Zhamnov's contract off, it's not going to happen. I'd rather keep Morrison and look elsewhere for a goalie.

Old
01-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
No to Raycroft. I dunno what his problem is, but the Canucks don't need a "project" right now.

Closed Thread