HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Tonight's game TV...

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2006, 03:27 PM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Tonight's game TV...

...we know there is no FSW feed, and no Dallas feed, and we know that Bob Miller alluded to the fact that if you looked around the dial, you might find the game. We know it's the OLN game tonight, but what are the odds that if I go to the game, set my TIVO to OLN, I will come home to a 2 hour 30 minute stretch of black screen?

Old
01-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Osprey

Only if your local provider screws up, I'd imagine. The whole point of a blackout is to force you to watch one feed over another, and there's only one feed of tonight's game, so blacking it out would be pointless. I won't say, though, that I won't be crossing my fingers, because I will. I've seen my provider mess up before.

I know some of you want to watch every Kings game with Miller and Fox and everything else the same, but I find that boring. I'm really excited to watch the OLN feed. What unbiased outsiders think of the Kings means a whole lot more to me than what two Kings fans/mouthpieces think. A different perspective can be enlightening and put everything into, well, perspective. I wouldn't want to watch every Kings game on OLN (especially not with that horrible, zoomed-in shot they use), but out-of-market telecasts are always fun to watch, IMO. Tonight will be fun.

Old
01-02-2006, 04:24 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I agree on out-of-town feeds. Most of these guys are VERY complimentary of the Kings. In the Atlanta - Ottawa game, between periods they ran down league leading goaltenders and when they got to Garon, they pointed out that NO ONE thought LA would be doing ANYTHING by this time of the season.

P.S. DirecTV... gonna be interesting...

Closed Thread