Scouting Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 07:35 AM
GB

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Scouting Thread

OK, what I'm looking to do with this thread is putting reports of players I've seen play this season. These will mostly be EIHL as my lack of a car means I won't be seeing much FBNL hockey this season. These won't be added to any sort of timetable, just when I see the players. Also I'll update the reports as I see more of the players.

Liam

Old
10-18-2003, 08:48 AM
GB

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Jayme Platt

Jayme Platt

Platt is the no.1 goalie for the Manchester Phoenix. This is his first season in Britain. Last season he played 3 games in the AHL for Lowell and split the rest of his season between two ECHL teams, Greenville (26 games) and Dayton (11 games). He played all of the 2001/02 season for Greenville, playing 40 games and winning the Kelly Cup. Prior to turning pro Platt played 4 seasons in the NCAA with Lake Superior State University and a season in the USHL with Des Moines Buccaneers.

Platt plays a hybrid stand-up/butterfly style typical of so many of today's goalies. He has good reflexes to go along with both a quick glove and stick. Platt is also capable of the occasional flashy save. His puck handling is acceptable if not brilliant. Manchester also seem to draw confidence from his play.

His main weakness is Manchester. He is often hung out to dry by poor defensive coverage from his skaters.

I'm suprised that Platt is playing in Britain when it seems to me he could easily be a top ECHL goalie or be the back-up to an AHL team. Platt is certainly one of the better goalies in Britain at this moment.

Liam

Closed Thread