HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is a amazing punch Peter Worrell

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
RothmanHockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Wow, what a punch.

Wow, we dont need him

Old
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
did i miss something??

when have we ever been bullied around?

According to some, about half the games.

Old
01-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Pizza

Damn!!! THAT had to hurt.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
bmoak

Funny thing is, Jacobson (the guy receiving the beating) was in WolfPack camp and started the season with the Checkers.

Even if Worrell could skate well enough to handle an NHL shift, he won't be much of a deterrent. Sure isn't in the ECHL.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Burberry Manning

Worrell SHOULD NOT suit up for the Rangers in our lifetime. As others have mentioned, we already have an enforcer, and although he isnt used as much as I would like he is all we need. Colton Orr is faster, more disciplined, throws better checks, and is hungrier.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
shoothepuck

Nice punch. This team needs more offensive punch. It would have been nice if Ville was the skating/hitter/scorer, he was supposed to be but he's not. NY needs to find a Big Physical D man, and a true 2nd line center who can play tough/physical and score. Worrell and Orr are not the answer, their both a waste of roster space.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
And sure Orr has more talent in that case, but Pete has 10 times the fighting skills. Probably the most intimidating guy in the game
Whoaa. Are we comparing the same people I think we are? Maybe Worrell was a better fighter 5 years ago when Colton was 18 but there is no way he could match Orr today. In fact, I'll go as far to say that Worrell was never near the vicinity of being the "most intimidating guy in the game." I would have taken Brash and Big Georges any day of the week over him and I would throw in a number of other combatants as well. He wouldn't even be top 5 in today's game. In any event, it's a moot point because I doubt we see Pete in the NHL anytime soon

Old
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Synergy27

The obsession with enforcers that some people on these boards have amazes me. The Flyers aren't the Broad Street Bullies anymore. Go watch boxing.

Old
01-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Worrell and Orr are not the answer, their both a waste of roster space.
I think Orr is a valuable addition to the roster. The guy is under 25 years old, CAN hit, is more than willing to sacrifice himself, is disciplined, and packs a wallop. I really dont see how these attributes could not be put to use on the 4th line.

Old
01-03-2006, 12:05 AM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
We could have used this goon against the Senators!

Old
01-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
Funny thing is, Jacobson (the guy receiving the beating) was in WolfPack camp and started the season with the Checkers.

Even if Worrell could skate well enough to handle an NHL shift, he won't be much of a deterrent. Sure isn't in the ECHL.
It is just plain stupid to write that, When and how many Checkers games do you watch? Pete is a animal with the gloves off but slow as crap not even I asked for him to be a Ranger but the guy when he is doing his job is one of the best

Old
01-03-2006, 12:56 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

How about a fourth line of Worrell, Hollweg, Orr

Old
01-03-2006, 01:13 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner

Right or Wrong in todays NHL guys like Worrell are going to have a hard time finding ice time.

He isn't the most intimidating guy in the game today. Guys that can ONLY fight are not intimidating they are obsolete.
Amen.

Old
01-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I can't skate with the NHL'ers but if you want to waste a roster spot so bad, send me to NY i'll gear up and go pick fights, i wont win any, but i would do it, just stand at center ice and taunt them. But really in all honesty, the enforcer of today, should be more like Hollywood, talented, energetic, and tough. He isn't the toughest but thats what is needed, offensive enforcers.

Old
01-03-2006, 08:44 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeDragFan
I can't skate with the NHL'ers but if you want to waste a roster spot so bad, send me to NY i'll gear up and go pick fights, i wont win any, but i would do it, just stand at center ice and taunt them. But really in all honesty, the enforcer of today, should be more like Hollywood, talented, energetic, and tough. He isn't the toughest but thats what is needed, offensive enforcers.

and Ill tell the security people at MSG that Im Mark Messier. I already said that I was Lilja, maybe people will think Im Messier, Im bald like him. We dont need Worrell, he is a trouble maker and cant play hockey. Id rather have Orr, Weller, Grenier play instead.

Old
01-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Davisian

Weller better get the call before anyone else if they want to call up more toughness..

I don't know why he's buried so low on the depth chart, the guy has some game to go along with his toughness.

Old
01-03-2006, 08:59 AM
CrookedRain

All those guys who are asking for a goon patrol haven't watched enough hockey this season to realize just how antiquated these kinds of players are this season.

Yeah Goddard plays for the Isles. He plays like three shifts per game.

The problem with goons is that most of them can't skate. This includes Peter Worrel. Everyone on this site blasts Purinton for being a slow skater and...well...for sucking, but all you would ever get with Worrel in the lineup is a slower, meaner, better tanned version of Purinton.

Teams say "let's play physical against the Rangers" and they do, and what's that gotten them? The Ranger have team toughness in the form of Jagr, Prucha, Tyutin, Ruchinsky, Strudwick, Ortmeyer and Hollweg. THAT's what you want.

The rangers have lost their majority of the games this season NOT to tough teams but to talented and hard working teams.

Old
01-03-2006, 12:26 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN
How about a fourth line of Worrell, Hollweg, Orr
Lol

Old
01-04-2006, 08:38 AM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
It is just plain stupid to write that, When and how many Checkers games do you watch? Pete is a animal with the gloves off but slow as crap not even I asked for him to be a Ranger but the guy when he is doing his job is one of the best
Doesn't matter how good he is in a fight, his presence won't deter chippy play by the opposition, especially if he only plays 2-3 shifts a game. Hell, the dirtiest hit against the Checkers this year (flying charge from behind that finished Jerramie Domish's season) happened while Big Pete was ON THE ICE. After the obligatory scrum, the Checkers ended up losing 4 players for the game (Kozak broke hand in fight plus 2 ejections) to Florida's one. Playing with a short bench already, the Checkers fell apart in the third and blew a 3-goal lead.

Old
01-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
excuse me - what chippy play are we talking about.....hockey is chippier in Europe than in current NHL.

Worrell is pure goon. Worst skater in the league when he was playing. If at least he was a Dman who could clear the crease......

dont give me wrong its a Great punch - but no room for him on Ranger or any other NHL team in the post lock out days.....

Old
01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedRain
All those guys who are asking for a goon patrol haven't watched enough hockey this season to realize just how antiquated these kinds of players are this season.

Yeah Goddard plays for the Isles. He plays like three shifts per game.

The problem with goons is that most of them can't skate. This includes Peter Worrel. Everyone on this site blasts Purinton for being a slow skater and...well...for sucking, but all you would ever get with Worrel in the lineup is a slower, meaner, better tanned version of Purinton.

Teams say "let's play physical against the Rangers" and they do, and what's that gotten them? The Ranger have team toughness in the form of Jagr, Prucha, Tyutin, Ruchinsky, Strudwick, Ortmeyer and Hollweg. THAT's what you want.

The rangers have lost their majority of the games this season NOT to tough teams but to talented and hard working teams.
That is the dumbest thing i have ever read!!! Jagr adds toughness lol Prucha isn't shy and hits but adds toughness lol thats a joke. Ruchinsky last thing he hit was a bottle. Hard working teams out muck the Rangers The Leafs, NJ, Atlanta the new Penguins, Flames Oilers, Aves and Senators hit everything that moves and fighting isn't the issue hitting and forecheckomg are and we do neither

Old
01-05-2006, 02:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Good night Gracie.