HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neilson

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Neilson

Has anyone had a chance to see this guy play? Thru 23 gms he has 1 assist and 60 pims. I expected a little more scoring from the kid. Was the 5th round a little high to take a flyer on him?

Old
01-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Captain Ron

Neilson = Bust........Oh well they can't all be Dustin Brown/Mike Cammalleri's

Old
01-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Neilson = Bust........Oh well they can't all be Dustin Brown/Mike Cammalleri's
Ha bust? He's been a kid who's been fighting other kids in a kids league to having t fight men in a men's league, and he's not the biggest of guys. He got hurt in camp and I think it took him time to get back from that. I wouldn't call him a bust after 23 games.

And Elvi, most enforcer's are taken in the middle rounds, so no, it wasn't too early to take him.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:20 PM
KINGLEWOOD

I havn't seen him since camp, obviously the Kings can be patient with him. I don't think his toughness and grit is a problem, but his overall game needs work. Just look what patience did for George Parros.

Old
01-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Ha bust? He's been a kid who's been fighting other kids in a kids league to having t fight men in a men's league, and he's not the biggest of guys. He got hurt in camp and I think it took him time to get back from that. I wouldn't call him a bust after 23 games.

And Elvi, most enforcer's are taken in the middle rounds, so no, it wasn't too early to take him.
Well it is not like enforcers have to develop anything. You either can kick a$$ or you can't. If he can't handle the guys in the AHL then he will never be able to handle NHL calibre enforcers.

Old
01-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Well it is not like enforcers have to develop anything. You either can kick a$$ or you can't. If he can't handle the guys in the AHL then he will never be able to handle NHL calibre enforcers.
He owned just about everyone in juniors so he's definately a tough kid, but he's no enforcer. At best he's somewhere in between Jeff Cowan and Chris Simon. Decent middleweight, he just needs to round out his entire game. This years draft I expect DT to draft at least two enforcers, we've never been a team without at least a couple of guys who can throw down in this organization. I also expect this to be Flinn's last year as a King. This year was a make or break season for him.

Old
01-02-2006, 03:08 AM
woodbutcher

Actually his numbers are low because he is not seeing alot of ice time...as far as his abilities as a enforcer go, he is a tuff kid and holds his own nicely. If you are interested in seeing him play, come up to Bako and I will set you up.

Old
01-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Reaper45

The problem with going to Bakersfield to watch Neilson play is having to drive to Bakersfield tosee Neilson play. He's a tough kid, and one of my favorite prospects, but I'll just watch him next time they play Long Beach.

Old
01-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
The problem with going to Bakersfield to watch Neilson play is having to drive to Bakersfield tosee Neilson play. He's a tough kid, and one of my favorite prospects, but I'll just watch him next time they play Long Beach.
Me too.

Since moving from there, I have a no Bakersfield policy!

Old
01-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Fat Elvis

Reap, I have no question the kid is tough. I was just under the impression he could also play the game. So 1 assist thru 23 games was a little light imo.

Woodbutcher, is there a reason why he is getting limited ice time?

Old
01-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Reap, I have no question the kid is tough. I was just under the impression he could also play the game. So 1 assist thru 23 games was a little light imo.

Yeah he can play from the games I've seen of him, but playing with Crosby half the season will pad your stats a bit. I havent seen him play in the E yet, but I'm sure the combo of coming back from his injury and the limited ice time haven't really been a good indicator. Hopefully he finishes the year out strong, and then has a great next season.

Old
01-03-2006, 11:01 AM
woodbutcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI

I have nothing substantial as to why his ice time has been limited...I have heard rumors, and thats about all....so I wont speculate. But, from what I have seen he has been working on his game. He is one of the fastest skaters we have and plays every shift with the same intensity as the first. Eric has come oh so close to scoring a goal or two on numerous occasions, just hasn't been able to connect. The team as a whole has had problems with goals so this is not a surprise. I see good things from him in the future, but we will have to wait and see.

Old
01-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbutcher
I have nothing substantial as to why his ice time has been limited...I have heard rumors, and thats about all....so I wont speculate. But, from what I have seen he has been working on his game. He is one of the fastest skaters we have and plays every shift with the same intensity as the first. Eric has come oh so close to scoring a goal or two on numerous occasions, just hasn't been able to connect. The team as a whole has had problems with goals so this is not a surprise. I see good things from him in the future, but we will have to wait and see.
Thanks, good to hear the hustle is there.

Please keep us updated if you can.

Closed Thread