Notices

Knuble re-joining Thornton line

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 04:56 AM
misterjaggers

vCash: 500
Knuble re-joining Thornton line

Looks like Sully's trying to kick-start the first line by adding Knuble back into the mix:
http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...g?articleid=42
Also see: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...ward_thinking/

Old
10-18-2003, 05:07 AM
neelynugs

all hail KNUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 05:15 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

About time.

Old
10-18-2003, 05:34 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
How about...

KNUBLE-THORNTON-MURRAY
SAMSONOV-GREEN-LAPOINTE
AXELSSON-ROLSTON-MCCARTHY
DONATO-BEGERON-GROSEK

Old
10-18-2003, 05:50 AM
Pielsman

KNUBLE-THORNTON-MURRAY
SAMSONOV-GREEN-LAPOINTE
AXELSSON-ROLSTON-MCCARTHY
DONATO-BEGERON-GROSEK

------------------------------------------------------------------

The top two lines proposed here look good to me, but I'd like Bergeron in the mix on at least the third line. 7 minutes of ice time per game wont help him develop much on the fourth line.

I'd propose switching Bergeron for McCarthy and put Sandy on the 4th line. Leaves a smallish third line, but one that can skate. -Piels

Old
10-18-2003, 05:53 AM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Good move - it's about time.

I hate seeing Green on the 2nd line though. I do like the way he plays (gritty, fearless) but he just doesn't have the playmaking ability to be on the 2nd line.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:15 AM
Bruzin

I also don't want Green on the second line. I would really like to see Green centering Lapointe and McCarthy, but I feel Lapointe could help Bergeron learn the game.

Knuble - Thronton - Murray
Samsonov - Rolston - Axelsson
Lapointe - Bergeron - Zamuner
Grosek - Green - McCarthy

Green likely won't want to be on the 4th line, but I like the edge that line has.

Until Zamuner comes back, I want to see

Lapointe - Green - Bergeron

The fourth line will be pretty bad without Green though... Grosek - Donato/Stock(please???) - McCarthy

Old
10-18-2003, 06:17 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Hopefully Knuble can ignite Thornton and Murray. I think he can because unlike all the other left wingers who have played on that line, Knuble can really create space.

The other half of the puzzle is Samsonov. From what I've seen and read, he hasn't worked well with anyone besides Thornton and Murray, and even then, it was a little off. He needs a more offensive minded center than Green, and Lapointe and his hands of steel will just not finish the opportunities he creates. I guess for now tho, there isn't much other choice. They'll have to hope Lapointe can make a rebound and Green can develop some offensive ability...

but maybe one other combination could be tried to help Sammy out...

Samsonov-Rolston-Axelsson

has anyone ever thought of that? Rollie and Axe work well together and they have speed and can move the puck. Both can also finish plays. Maybe Samsonov can add some more offense while Rollie and Axe together on a line would never create a defensive liability. So here's my go at a revamped lineup for the B's

Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Lapointe-Green-Bergeron
Grosek-Donato-McCarthy

Thoughts?

Old
10-18-2003, 06:29 AM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzin
I also don't want Green on the second line. I would really like to see Green centering Lapointe and McCarthy, but I feel Lapointe could help Bergeron learn the game.

Knuble - Thronton - Murray
Samsonov - Rolston - Axelsson
Lapointe - Bergeron - Zamuner
Grosek - Green - McCarthy

Green likely won't want to be on the 4th line, but I like the edge that line has.

Until Zamuner comes back, I want to see

Lapointe - Green - Bergeron

The fourth line will be pretty bad without Green though... Grosek - Donato/Stock(please???) - McCarthy
Looks like we have the same combinations...I agree about everything you have said here and I think these lines could really work. Does anyone know how long Zamuner will be out? and til when they can send Bergeron back to the Juniors? I'm assuming he cant be sent to Providence because of his age or something.

If Sammy, Rollie and Axe can start creating offense, then we'll have 4 solid lines...that will be more solid when Zamuner returns. A 3rd line with any of Lapointe-Green-Bergeron-Zamuner is pretty good on any team. Giving Rolston a more offensive role might help him produce better numbers (not that his numbers were bad before). And I think Axe can hit 50-60 points if he's given the opportunity.

I wish I was the assistant coach so I could voice my opinion to Sullivan. I wonder what he's thinking putting Sammy with two stone hands like Green and Lapointe. I can't see that 2nd line producing any offense...prove me wrong tho pleeeease...

Old
10-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Bruzin

Its nice to see someone agree with you. I think those lines make too much sense. Why haven't we seen those yet?

Old
10-18-2003, 08:58 AM
Ortdogg

why are all of you putting lapointe on the left wing? he looked horrible there against dallas. if there is any hope of him breaking out offensively he has to play on the right side, i think putting him with green on a third line would be smart. but i can guarentee that your lines will not be seen anytime soon.....lapointe will be on the right side. if you think about it we dont have a second line right winger, we are pretty weak on that side. and i also think STUMPEL should still be here, he was one guy who could play with sammy, remember the year we won the east.

anyone thornton guerin
sammy stumpel murray

they where solid, they should have had knuble on that first line, but intead he was a scratch most nights.

as for this year, all i know is the 1st line should stay in tack, rollie and axe should play together, possibly with lapointe, and that leaves only one other line sammy with green and who else? not many options. i like bergeron but i dont know where he fits in on this team right now, unless he is our option on 2nd line rw.

knuble thornton murray
sammy green bergeron
axelsson rolston lapointe
grosek/zamuner stock/donato mcarthy

these are the only lines that make any sense to me everyone except bergeron are in there natural position, i would like it better if stumpel was on that 2nd line instead though. i know he was weak last year, but who was he playing with?? huml and all the other kids, he was wasted, the bruins management hung him out to dry by not giving him a winger.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:32 AM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtDogg19
why are all of you putting lapointe on the left wing? he looked horrible there against dallas. if there is any hope of him breaking out offensively he has to play on the right side, i think putting him with green on a third line would be smart. but i can guarentee that your lines will not be seen anytime soon.....lapointe will be on the right side. if you think about it we dont have a second line right winger, we are pretty weak on that side. and i also think STUMPEL should still be here, he was one guy who could play with sammy, remember the year we won the east.

anyone thornton guerin
sammy stumpel murray

they where solid, they should have had knuble on that first line, but intead he was a scratch most nights.

as for this year, all i know is the 1st line should stay in tack, rollie and axe should play together, possibly with lapointe, and that leaves only one other line sammy with green and who else? not many options. i like bergeron but i dont know where he fits in on this team right now, unless he is our option on 2nd line rw.

knuble thornton murray
sammy green bergeron
axelsson rolston lapointe
grosek/zamuner stock/donato mcarthy

these are the only lines that make any sense to me everyone except bergeron are in there natural position, i would like it better if stumpel was on that 2nd line instead though. i know he was weak last year, but who was he playing with?? huml and all the other kids, he was wasted, the bruins management hung him out to dry by not giving him a winger.
I agree with you about Stumpel...he should DEFINITELY still be here. What a dumb move giving him back to LA. Did we get anything in return? or was it future considerations? so imagine for a second if we still have Stumpel and well...no Guerin cause he's too expensive, but say we had signed Carter oh so long ago instead of trading him for Guerin...

Samsonov-Thornton-Carter
Knuble-Stumple-Murray

any combination of those lines would give you 2 very solid offensive lines.

ah what could have been...

Old
10-18-2003, 09:35 AM
cygnusX-1

vCash:
Lapointe is a proto-type role player without much of a role on this Bruins team...

Old
10-18-2003, 10:11 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

My lines would be...
Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Lapointe-Green-Bergeron
Grosek-Donato-McCarthy

Personally, I'd like to see Bergeron and Axe swap spots, which would give us 3 deep lines.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:26 AM
nmbr_24

I'd like to see Bergeron given a shot as the 2nd line center, my lines would be:

Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Samsonov-Bergeron-Lapointe
Rolston-Green-Axelsson
Grosek-Donato-McCarthy

Replace Donato withe Zamuner when he is ready to play

Closed Thread