HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars/Kings Post Game Thoughts: 01/02/06

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Rob Stauber*

vCash: 500
Stars/Kings Post Game Thoughts: 01/02/06

What a feeling! What a great win! A truly GREAT win! I cannot say that enough. We didn't play very well and in all honesty didn't deserve 1 point let alone 2. But with all the b.s. losses we've had this year, I have no problem with it.

The staff in Manchester deserves major kudos. Time and time again this year we've called up guys from there and they always contribute. Tonight we had Kanko/Ryan/Giuliano/Clarke/Grebeshkov. How amazing is that ? Not only that but we had only 5 defenseman and with the Brown injury we were playing 11 forwards and essentially without our entire third line (Brown/Puppy/Ebel). But the Monarchs stepped up tonite. They didn't have to do anything major but just the fact that we would put them out there to contribute with minutes andnot have them hinder us, its huge. This is something that builds a great franchise. Theres something special about this.

This game for Dallas' might be the one to break their back. It went from being a 1 point lead with 4 games in hand to 4 points and 4 in hand. HUGE difference. Turco was shook after that tying goal and I don't blame him. And when Matty scored, the shot of the Stars bench was priceless. This was a huge win not only for our confidence, but to possibly break the Stars' confidence.

Garon: Amazing again. I could write a paragraph about this guy but it won't serve him justice. He's been amazing and was again tonight by keeping us in the game.

Visnovsky: Thats what happens when you shoot it. Great game and made some nice plays defenesively against Morrow as well after getting thrown around early.

Luc: Seemed like he was out there alot. But wasn't in the least bit impressive.

Demitre: Invisible

Conroy: Love the guy. He does the little things so well.

Brown: Hopefully not the start of a concussion problem. The first few shifts he did get in, he was playing great.

Avery/Ebel: You could tell we missed them.

Armstrong: I liked the way he played. I'm not always the biggest Army supporter but he played well along the boards tonite. Great job of puck posession.

Cammalleri: The Man. He had just as much to do with this win as anybody. Him & Garon were our best 2 tonite.

Matty: Happy Bday. It was great to see him get that goal. And it shows the rest of the team to just shoot the damn puck.

Grebs: Im loving what I see. He's had 2 straight good games against a good team. And especially with only 5 d men dressed tonite, he had even more responsibilty. He played well and I love his ability to get the puck through on the PP.

Coaching Staff: Great job! Even you Van Boxmeer.

Old
01-03-2006, 01:58 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
...But with all the b.s. losses we've had this year, I have no problem with it...

"b.s. losses" ??? please... enlighten me.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion

Blowing games in the last 30 seconds to SJ & Cal ? Or how about opening night ?

Old
01-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Mindcircus

It just dawned on me that our team is really banged up right now. Great win tonight and thanks for the impressions.

A couple of bs losses come to mind actually. How about the one earlier in the year where JR got dragged down for no penalty. We lost the game a minute later on the PK i believe.

Recently Hemsky's blatant redirection of the puck with his skates which counted as a goal.

In the end though, things probably do even out.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:07 AM
PrivateFubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
How about Calgary on 10/23, we lost 3-2 on a powerplay goal with 30 seconds to go.

Or maybe San Jose on 10/28, we lost on another powerplay goal with 4 seconds to go.

Another would be Washington on 12/14, we lost on yet another power play goal with 63 second left.

Consider yourself enlightened.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:36 AM
Osprey

I agree with Rob on everything. I'm almost as shocked at that as I was with the win.
Quote:
Visnovsky: Thats what happens when you shoot it.
Not just that, but getting the puck through. Almost every time Visnovsky has shot the puck this season, it's been into opposing players, and usually the ones that are closer to him than to the net. That's been my biggest gripe with him this season. He's never had it this bad before. Funny what can happen when you actually get the puck through to the net.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Sybil227

Kanko has got to be the biggest 5'10" guy I've ever seen. He just plays big. Watching him pummel guys into the boards, get in guys' faces, you'd swear he was 6'2" or something.
BTW, the Manchester line of Kanko/Ryan/Clarke deserves major kudos for helping turn the game around. Dallas was all over the Kings in the 1st - really out muscling us and hitting. From the 2nd on, the Manchester line took every opportunity to hit a Dallas player, sometime sandwiching them on the boards. I was at the game tonight, and their hitting really made the game start to feel different - like Dallas couldn't just sit there and take advantage of us.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:46 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I agree with Rob on everything.

Old
01-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Kick

It was well worth staying up until 1 AM to see the finish of the game. Garon came up huge again. I mean how could you script it any better? Pull within one with .07 seconds left in the 2nd, tie it with 27 seconds left in the 3rd and win in OT.

Let's just hope guys start coming back from injuries soon because the Manchester well is basicly dry.

Old
01-03-2006, 09:26 AM
SLang

Quote:
Let's just hope guys start coming back from injuries soon because the Manchester well is basicly dry.
Agree, but do you think there's another team in the league with the depth at the "farm" level that the Kings have shown? I'm extremely impressed that this team continues to compete night after night, despite the number of injured players. Combine this with the fact that the Manchester boys are now getting "real" NHL experience, and I think the Kings are well-positioned for the next few years.

I'm thinking the wait for the Cup may finally, thankfully, be coming to an end over the next few years.

At the risk of sounding like one of those old Boston Red Sox fans: "Please, at least ONE before I die!"

Old
01-03-2006, 10:04 AM
jfont

Awards:
the first 4 games I believe the kings scored on their first shot...and in one of them the kings scored on their first 2 shots on goal against the stars.

the kings didn't score in their first shot butl i believe they did score in their last 2 last nite.

01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Fripp

Quote:
We didn't play very well and in all honesty didn't deserve 1 point let alone 2.
This is the only part I disagree with. The Kings didnt play badly ... Dallas did what they always try to do; get a one goal lead on a mistake or PP and sit on it by playing the whole game on the boards or playing bouncy puck in the neutral zone. They're masterful at it and its got to be the most god awful boring crap since NJ. It makes the other team look bad when they can't make two clean passes in a row.

Anyway, the good news is this: even though Dallas successfully executed their system, the Kings won. That makes them really dangerous come playoff time.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Wranglers110

Congrats, LA. Tough loss for us but we got beat by a team with enormous character.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Chartrand

What about the Stars' winning streak when leading after one period?

Poof.....gone.

Old
01-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Turco Chips

Insightful.

Nice win for the Kings.

TC

Old
01-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wranglers110
Congrats, LA. Tough loss for us but we got beat by a team with enormous character.
Thanks. I am sure our teams are going to be battling the rest of the season for the top spot in the Pacific.
Good luck.......... until our next meeting

Old
01-03-2006, 06:28 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

to further the comment by Rob on how indebted we are to manchester, u didnt even mention the full time players who they developed last year. Cammalleri, Brown, Garon, Gleason, Weaver, Giuliano, and Kostopolous have all contributed much to the team.

Old
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wranglers110
Thanks. The rest of the year should be very interesting. Should be quite a battle.

Closed Thread