HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ranger and Oiler proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 03:32 PM
oilers9911

vCash: 500
Ranger and Oiler proposal

Comrie, Isbister and Ferguson, for Lundmark, Tjutin and a switch of 1st round picks. Thoughts?

Old
10-18-2003, 03:41 PM
kacz

Not bad value wise (I hate Izzy and Fergy by the way) But I doubt the Oilers would move 3 players all in one deal, that's just not Lowe's style...

And the switch of the first rounders would be nice too, if the Rangers continue this pace that would be quiet a high pick

Old
10-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers9911
Comrie, Isbister and Ferguson, for Lundmark, Tjutin and a switch of 1st round picks. Thoughts?
Can we please stop beating a dead horse. The Oilers will not trade Isbister after they traded for him at the trade deadline. Remember the Oilers traded Niinimaa to get Isbister and Torres. The Oilers are asking for a top player that can help immediately and not in a couple of years. No thanks.

10-18-2003, 07:35 PM
NYR469

there is NO way the rangers are going to trade lundmark & tjutin for comrie and a bunch of crap that you want to give away...

lundmark and something else for comrie might be doable but the rangers have nowhere to put comrie

Old
10-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
there is NO way the rangers are going to trade lundmark & tjutin for comrie and a bunch of crap that you want to give away...

lundmark and something else for comrie might be doable but the rangers have nowhere to put comrie
I wouldn't say it is a bunch of crap....

Old
10-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Evil Sather

Isbister is credible, and Comrie would vie Nedved for the #1 C job (Lindros has been going downhill, lets be honest.) What Lundmark and Tjutuin turn out to be, in all likelihood, will be less than Comrie and Isbister so I'd take them. Just MHO.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:26 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469

lol, bunch of crap..... thats informed. But I do agree with you that Comrie WILL NOT go to the Rangers are there is NO WHERE for him.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:43 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
No. I won't even say thanks. ... wait I did...

Here's why the Rangers won't do it:
1) IMPENDING CAP
2) NO ROOM AT ALL
3) LACKING PROSPECTS, why would they trade their three best prospects for Comrie, Isbister who IS crap, believe me we Ranger fans can't be fooled as we've seen him here for 2 seasons+, oh and who is Ferguson?

The Rangers will not trade out of the first round under any circumstances as shown on the access show recently.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:54 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
Isbister always beat the hell out of the Rangers so I don't know what your talking about and as for Lundmark he's done NOTHING to warrant such importance in trade rumours. When I see this trade I question who the heck is making it a Rags fan or a die-hard Ragsfan cause the Oil wouldn't touch it...
Do you see any Islanders in this post? You don't so why are you here.

I feel your opinion on many things involving the Islanders and Rangers as well as other teams are among the worst and the least objective on these boards hence the reason for you being on my and probably many others ignore lists. Thanks for reminding me not to view your posts again though.

They are prospects, I wish I could yell it at you in your face, of course they've done nothing YET. God how stupid reasoning is that.

Old
10-19-2003, 11:41 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

IMO Oilers get hosed big time.

Old
10-19-2003, 11:52 AM
BLACKBURN

"Lundmark has done absolutely nothing since being drafted in 1999"

have you watched him? many have said he has been the Rangers best forward during the first four games of the season. Last year he had a descent year and you must remember hes played less then 80 games in the NHL, he wont exactly have lit up the league in taht time. IMO he is a valuable asset, id keep him and Tjustin. No thanks on Ferguson, we dont need Comrie.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:45 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
"Lundmark has done absolutely nothing since being drafted in 1999"

have you watched him? many have said he has been the Rangers best forward during the first four games of the season. Last year he had a descent year and you must remember hes played less then 80 games in the NHL, he wont exactly have lit up the league in taht time. IMO he is a valuable asset, id keep him and Tjustin. No thanks on Ferguson, we dont need Comrie.

#1. Many Rangers fans have said that Lundmark has done nothing this year.

#2. Rags have no wins in four games, with three of the teams being non-playoff teams from last year, and the other was the Wild, missing their top 3 scorers from last year.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:54 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

#2. Rags have no wins in four games, with three of the teams being non-playoff teams from last year, and the other was the Wild, missing their top 3 scorers from last year.
I'm one of those who's said he's done nothing this year with the exception of the last two games but many feel, Ranger media included, he's done a lot this year and one even said he's been their best forward this season.

Last year Lundmark scored 9 goals in 13 games right after being called up, to me that shows a lot of promise adding to his 7 goal preseason he had. Rangers just haven't given him many opportunities and everyone knows that, but this year is the season he should get them and should be the year we use to judge him on. It's unfair to judge him on what he hasn't done already because look at the damn team he's on!

I said the Rangers wouldn't do the trade because of Cap concerns, lack of youth and room. I also think value wise the Rangers would not like it either, giving up a top 20 prospect, good young promising NHL forward and a probable top 20 first round pick for a RFA hold out and aging under achiever is not fair at all.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:05 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I said the Rangers wouldn't do the trade because of Cap concerns, lack of youth and room. I also think value wise the Rangers would not like it either, giving up a top 20 prospect, good young promising NHL forward and a probable top 20 first round pick for a RFA hold out and aging under achiever is not fair at all.

If you look at his proposal the Rangers don't just give up their pick, they just swap picks with Edmonton. Shouldn't be too much of a difference, probably within 5 picks of each other or so.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:36 AM
messiah

Quote:

Missing there top 3 players from last year well the rangers are also without leetch there best dman and Bure who is done for a career or is out till the end of the season ?

Old
10-20-2003, 05:12 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah
Missing there top 3 players from last year well the rangers are also without leetch there best dman and Bure who is done for a career or is out till the end of the season ?

Bure was essentially replaced by Kovalev.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:47 AM
tony

Quote:
Bure was essentially replaced by Kovalev.
i like kovalev but he's no pavel bure and he continues to prove that every day he skates on b'way. he had 2 good seasons in pittsburgh and you want to compare him to a perennial 50 goal scorer?

Old
10-20-2003, 11:06 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
i like kovalev but he's no pavel bure and he continues to prove that every day he skates on b'way. he had 2 good seasons in pittsburgh and you want to compare him to a perennial 50 goal scorer?

Bure was the games best goal scorer, i'm not going to dispute that, but from 2000-01 to the present

Bure had 191 points in 189 games played.

Over the same time period in Pittsburgh Kovalev had 235 points in 200 games.

Kovalev has been a DOMINANT offensive player in Pittsburgh certainly one of the games elite offensive talents.

Closed Thread