HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/FLA Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 08:11 AM
kacz

vCash: 500
EDM/FLA Proposal

To EDM
-Niklas Hagman
-Branislav Mezei

To FLA
-Mike Comrie

Oilers get a fairly young cheap skilled european in Hagman, and a big depth defenceman in Mezei. And Florida adds a young goalscorer who could really help out in the future...

Thoughts?

Old
10-18-2003, 08:43 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

One of the ideas that Robin Brownlee floated yesterday. I'll be disappointed if it happens.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

Intriguing but i think Florida adds a 3rd rounder to make it fly.

Mezei is one of those guys i have always wanted to see in Oiler Blue just like Torres. Mike Van Ryan is another though and he might be the one i would target but Mezei has the size so i don't know.

Decent proposal, relatively fair...not as much coming Edmonton's way as in other proposals but i am starting to fear that something along the lines of this might be what we will have to settle with.

Just get it over quick and lets get quality rather than quantity in return!

Old
10-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Oilhitch

If I was Lowe I would pass.

But if Florida would make a proposal that included Lukas Krajicek and or Nathan Horton I would be happy.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

how about Matt Cullen,Pavel Trnka, and Valeri Bure
for Comrie
i'll even throw in a mid round pick.
please take it. please.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:29 AM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
If I was Lowe I would pass.

But if Florida would make a proposal that included Lukas Krajicek and or Nathan Horton I would be happy.

were not getting Horton out of florida. and if Any trade happens there, were getting a decent young dman and Victor Kozlov. end of story. (although still, thats way below value for comrie)

Old
10-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
were not getting Horton out of florida. and if Any trade happens there, were getting a decent young dman and Victor Kozlov. end of story. (although still, thats way below value for comrie)
how about matt cullen, valeri bure and Pavel Trnka
you get a decent young d-man and two capable 2nd-3rd line players.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Crossbar

Sorry Mezei and Van Ryn are most likely off the trade table due to them being part of this organization's long-term future. I have doubts about Florida inquiring Comrie's services due to the amount of long-term quality depth the Panthers have at center in the organization (Jokinen-24yrs, Horton-18yrs, Weiss-19yrs, V.Nedorost-21yrs, Taticek-20yrs, Kreps-18). The rumor said Hagman and Cullen for Comrie, I'd throw in Lilja but really I don't think thats enough to get him and even tho Comrie is a great top line center Panthers probably aren't interested in acquiring him due to the above players mentioned being developed in the system.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkie
how about matt cullen, valeri bure and Pavel Trnka
you get a decent young d-man and two capable 2nd-3rd line players.
Terrible. A marginal 3rd line center, a headcase the Oils could have picked up on waivers if they were hurting for offensive power (which I believe, they aren't) and an, at best, 4th defenseman.

Edmonton should just trade Comrie for Krajicek and Hagman straight up. Much more fair IMO.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Terrible. A marginal 3rd line center, a headcase the Oils could have picked up on waivers if they were hurting for offensive power (which I believe, they aren't) and an, at best, 4th defenseman.

Edmonton should just trade Comrie for Krajicek and Hagman straight up. Much more fair IMO.
i know, hence the : that came after it.
i'd love to get comrie, since he would add much needed scoring punch, but not at the expense of extremely valuable young players.
Basically, i want to trade florida's rejects, for one of edmonton's malcontents :p

how about Novo, Bure, and Cullen for Comrie :p

Old
10-18-2003, 11:05 AM
AlMo

I dont like that deal from an Oiler POV. Comrie is a 30 goal scorer and although small, has a lot of fiestiness. He is a top line forward where the Oilers are getting back a good forward in Hagman but he more of a third line player and Mezei does nothing for me.

The Panthers would have to talk Weiss or Huselius if they want Comrie.

Old
10-18-2003, 05:38 PM
hunter orange

A defender will have to come over from Fla in any Comrie deals. If Lowe decides to take a flyer on Cullen (whose trade value is substantially lower than Kozlov's), Dudley will have to cough up one of his young defenseman (Krajicek, Novak, Biron, Mezei, Van Ryan).

A smaller and a bigger idea:

Comrie ----------- for ---------- Cullen, Van Ryan

or

Comrie, Rita, Ferguson/ Cross ----- for ----- Cullen, Van Ryan, Biron

Old
10-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Heimy

Comrie on a Keenan coached team?

Actually I could see a deal here though. Keenan looks to have little confidence in Weiss so those two could be the key players with Florida adding just a little more.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
A smaller and a bigger idea:

Comrie ----------- for ---------- Cullen, Van Ryan

or

Comrie, Rita, Ferguson/ Cross ----- for ----- Cullen, Van Ryan, Biron
Ugh. Especially the second one. Rita and Ferguson/Cross is way too much to give up for Biron. I actually wouldn't give much for Biron at all. A deal could be done here, but if it is, I don't see players like Cullen and Van Ryn being the big names heading to Edmonton.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Keenan won't want a midget, no matter how good.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Weiss and Mezei for Comrie would make a lot more sense. Weiss is a prospect. Mezei may become a top 4 dman (2nd pairing), but that remains to be seen.

Smallish skilled center and D prospect (Mezei, too, has proven little in the NHL, having played very little) for a young, proven NHL producer.

BTW, no way Kennan and Florida would go with two small centers in Weiss and Comrie, anyway, so it makes sense from that standpoint, as well.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:13 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Weiss and Mezei for Comrie would make a lot more sense. Weiss is a prospect. Mezei may become a top 4 dman (2nd pairing), but that remains to be seen.

Smallish skilled center and D prospect (Mezei, too, has proven little in the NHL, having played very little) for a young, proven NHL producer.

BTW, no way Kennan and Florida would go with two small centers in Weiss and Comrie, anyway, so it makes sense from that standpoint, as well.
I love that deal and I know Lowe has made past inquiries about Mezei so he wants him. Weiss has a lot of potential but hasn't shown it and from what I hear is not one of Keenan's favourites, but he'd probably dislike Comrie just as much, I wouldn't call Comrie a Keenan type player but it makes sense for both teams in actuallity.
P.S. Florida was second lowest in goals for last year so Comrie would be a real big help to them 176 GF and 237 GA which is only made worse by the fact they play in the Southeast division(more games against teams in ur division) and Atlanta,Washington,Carolina, and Tampa Bay are all not well known for strong d or defensive systems.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:35 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Lowe would not pull a deal where Cullen would be a major part of the return. Cullen doesn't fit in anywhere with the Oilers as our forward lines are set, and if we need somebody to come out then we have Stoll, Rita, Salmolainen all ready to play - as well Sarno would be an equivalent to cullen IMO.

Old
10-19-2003, 02:14 AM
Safir*

I would make 3-way deal involving Comrie.

To Edmonton:
- Weiss

To Florida:
- Hartnell

To Nashville:
- Comrie

The Oilers get a potential playmaker, who could be even better than Comrie in the long run.

The Panthers get player, who has great potential and is a Keenan player.

Together with Legwand the Preds would have a nice pair of centers.

Old
10-19-2003, 08:00 AM
hunter orange

How bout the Oil gets Hartnell in that one. Weiss may be the return from a Comrie deal to Fla, but Lowe will be asking for a young defenseman as well.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Mr Sakich

a couple of things that make a deal between these two possible:

1 as mentioned earlier, florida had the 2nd worst offens last year. Comrie scored 30 goals 2 years ago and would have more last year before he broke his arm. 2 years ago, only 7 centres managed to do that, last year only 8 centres topped 30 goals. He is an elite talent which will cost a lot.

2 sometimes, there are "big dick" contests within management groups. Is it possible that the gm will trade for a guy who he knows his coach won't desire in order to establish the pecking order? Happens all the time in the real world. Happening right now with the Calgary Stampeders.

3 at some point, you have to give up a few kids to make that next step. You will never win with an entire team of 22 year olds, Keenan was quoted as saying that last year.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Mizral

If the Preds move Hartnell, you can damn well sure expect them to get more than Weiss in return - or Comrie for that matter - no offense to Oil or Cats fans. Hartnell is a *stud*.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
If the Preds move Hartnell, you can damn well sure expect them to get more than Weiss in return - or Comrie for that matter - no offense to Oil or Cats fans. Hartnell is a *stud*.
No offense taken - hell if it was Hartnell for Weiss I would do that as opposed to a Weiss for Comrie deal (or any 3 way deal).

Old
10-19-2003, 09:42 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
a stud who after 3 full NHL seasons has scored 28 goals combined..........
youre right, Id never trade Comrie for that.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
a stud who after 3 full NHL seasons has scored 28 goals combined..........
youre right, Id never trade Comrie for that.
Didn't mama tell you that power forwards take longer to develop?

I feel Hartnell can be another Ryan Smyth!

Closed Thread