Best line last night...

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 07:44 AM
lwvs84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lwvs84
Best line last night...

The line that caused the most trouble for the Sens last night, it seemed, was the line with Chistov and Lupul. Pahlsson did a good job on that line but I think they need more of a finisher on that line. I would like to see Babcock shuffle lines for a few shifts and play something like:

Chistov-Federov/Sykora-Lupul (the speed would cause tons of probs for opposition and Chistov and Lupul would have a finisher on the line)

Prospal-Federov/McDonald-Sykora/McDonald (Put whoever isn't on the first line with McDonald and Prospal to create another line that can cause problems)

Pahlsson-Rucchin-Niedermayer (good defense throughout)

keep the 4th line as is.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Chistov and Lupul were great last night. I love how Lupul carried the puck through traffic in the third. The kid got some great moves. Its just a matter of time before we start seeing some production.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:04 AM
j. knoxville

I wouldn't mind seeing Babcock try Chistov and Lupul on the second line with Rooch. He'd be a good defensive anchor for them and should be able to put away some of those chances that Pahlsson missed.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:11 AM
lux_interior

All I know is, sooner or later a puck has to go in the net for the Ducks. And we aren't going to go 0-82.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Hockey Duckie

Sami missed two great shots and didn't do anything with Lupul's great pass! LoL Though, i enjoy Sami's play defensively and atleast doesn't fall down often like some previous duck with speed. heh heh Eventually, Sami will learn how to finish like Krog does.

Chistov needs to put some power on his shots and take more shots often!

Lupul... wow! i mean... WOW!!! he can move the puck effortlessly!

That line is just awesome!

As for the top six... outside of Rob, they have to stop thinking " give the puck to Fedorov and he'll make things happen ". It can't happen that way, but i believe that's the mentally they have right now b/c they have so much respect for Fedorov. The top six needs to play like a team and not Fedorov & others.

Ozo... works hard and you can see he's always trying to push the envelope more and more. Much respect for him and defensively, he's very good.

Salei... heh heh heh i've never seen him that often in the offensive end of the rink! He can handle his own down there. More physical than Ozo.

Lost offensive d-man... Havelid. = ( Although, he didn't mind launching one from the blue line!

Overall, pretty good effort... just didn't get the result.

Anyhow, we have to stop giving up the EN'ers!!!! How does an opponent's player get behind everyone on our team?!? Makes no sense.

Hate to say this, but when's Mike LeClerc coming back again? LoL

Old
10-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

An awesome line would score points. Hejduk-Forsberg-Tanguay is an awesome line.

Those three guys were pretty.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:20 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie
Sami missed two great shots and didn't do anything with Lupul's great pass! LoL
In his defense the pass was deflected. But, a great player would find a way to put it in the back of the net. Sami is not a finisher. That's his biggest weakness. Then, on the semi-breakaway, he doesn't even get a shot on net. Great play by the Ottawa defenseman to break up the play. Sami was on his backhand, but he's got to bury at least one of those chances.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:29 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
In his defense the pass was deflected. But, a great player would find a way to put it in the back of the net. Sami is not a finisher. That's his biggest weakness. Then, on the semi-breakaway, he doesn't even get a shot on net. Great play by the Ottawa defenseman to break up the play. Sami was on his backhand, but he's got to bury at least one of those chances.
Bury? How about just get one of them on net!

Pahlsson's a good player for what he is, but offensively he's going to hold Lupul and Chistov back.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:36 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Sami missed two great shots and didn't do anything with Lupul's great pass! LoL Though, i enjoy Sami's play defensively and atleast doesn't fall down often like some previous duck with speed. heh heh Eventually, Sami will learn how to finish like Krog does.

Chistov needs to put some power on his shots and take more shots often!

Lupul... wow! i mean... WOW!!! he can move the puck effortlessly!

That line is just awesome!

As for the top six... outside of Rob, they have to stop thinking " give the puck to Fedorov and he'll make things happen ". It can't happen that way, but i believe that's the mentally they have right now b/c they have so much respect for Fedorov. The top six needs to play like a team and not Fedorov & others.

Ozo... works hard and you can see he's always trying to push the envelope more and more. Much respect for him and defensively, he's very good.

Salei... heh heh heh i've never seen him that often in the offensive end of the rink! He can handle his own down there. More physical than Ozo.

Lost offensive d-man... Havelid. = ( Although, he didn't mind launching one from the blue line!

Overall, pretty good effort... just didn't get the result.

Anyhow, we have to stop giving up the EN'ers!!!! How does an opponent's player get behind everyone on our team?!? Makes no sense.

Hate to say this, but when's Mike LeClerc coming back again? LoL
I heard Mike Leclerc was just cleared for light skating...maybe in the lineup in 2-3 weeks

Old
10-18-2003, 01:38 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt

Pahlsson's a good player for what he is, but offensively he's going to hold Lupul and Chistov back.
Yeah I can't wait for Getzlaf to center these two next year. Keep Pahlsson for the fourth line center spot though. drop Krog.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:44 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt
That would be a start.

Quote:
Pahlsson's a good player for what he is, but offensively he's going to hold Lupul and Chistov back
But who else is going to center them? I guess McDonald could.

Old
10-18-2003, 03:09 PM
duckjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
That would be a start.

But who else is going to center them? I guess McDonald could.
When leclerec comes back, move him up to the second line and let andy center chistov and lupul. Thinking(hoping for lines along these lines)

prospal-federov-sykora
neids-rucchin-leclerec
chistov-macdonald-lupul
pahlson-krog-<insert fourth liner here>

Only problem with the chistov line is that it is a bit of a defensive liability, but Mac Donald is pretty relentless in his puck pursuit, so that will offset that a little bit. Besides, most teams third line is their shutdown line, in our case, our second line is the shutdown line and our third line is secondary offense.

Old
10-18-2003, 03:49 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckjob
When leclerec comes back, move him up to the second line and let andy center chistov and lupul. Thinking(hoping for lines along these lines)

prospal-federov-sykora
neids-rucchin-leclerec
chistov-macdonald-lupul
pahlson-krog-<insert fourth liner here>

Only problem with the chistov line is that it is a bit of a defensive liability, but Mac Donald is pretty relentless in his puck pursuit, so that will offset that a little bit. Besides, most teams third line is their shutdown line, in our case, our second line is the shutdown line and our third line is secondary offense.
Yeah I like those lines. I think once Leclerc gets back we should just alternate Johnson and Burnett in and out of the lineup ,on that other 4th line spot with Krog and Pahlsson, depending on whether we need a physical presence that night or night...and then send both Holmqvist and Smirnov to AHL...Keep Ward around as a 4th line replacement if injuries happen again...

Old
10-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Jshibley

Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
I think the easiest solution is to just switch Pahlsson and Krog.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:55 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckjob
When leclerec comes back, move him up to the second line and let andy center chistov and lupul.
Or you put Leclerc back in the top 6, and move Niedermayer back to his original position at center.

Leclerc/McD-Feds-Sykora
Prospal-Rucchin-Leclerc/McD
Chistov-Niedermayer-Lupul

That alleviates any concerns about weakening the 3rd lines' defense, and while Niedermayer's not a great goal scorer he's a vast step up offensively from Pahlsson.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:23 AM
Hockey Duckie

I hope Andy gets better and is FULLY clear. Seems like he's staying on the wing until the coaches think he's capable enough to be playing center. I would love to see Andy on the third line instead of Pahlsson, but Sami... I like Sami on the third line. He did well with Chistov and Thomas. Lupul isn't shooting like crazy like Thomas... Lupul is more finesse... not greasy and grindy. Let Chistov bring the puck up or Sami... ( preferrably Sami b/c he's centering that line ). I think Lupul has that center mentality and has awesome moves up the ice. So maybe Andy can play wing, but take the faceoffs. Andy isn't afraid to shoot.

Old
10-19-2003, 08:35 AM
Snap Wilson

Mugs: Enough of the line shuffling already. We had good chem against the Sens, the bounces just didn't go our way. Let's keep the same lines and build on what we were doing.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:20 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I think that's what he'll do - that was our best game.

Hopefully the B's will be all emotionally spent and just bend over.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshibley
I think the easiest solution is to just switch Pahlsson and Krog.
AGREED

as far as when Leclerc gets back.. i hope we see these lines.

prospal- feds- sykora

Leclerc- Rooch- Nieds

Chistov-Andymac- Lupul

Phalsson- Krog- Johnson/Burnett/

send holmqvist and Smirnov to cincy and let them play more minutes and that will help both of them.

Old
10-19-2003, 04:10 PM
lwvs84

Send a message via AIM to lwvs84
I like the Chistov-McDonald-Lupul line. About the lack of defense, I think that could be fixed with putting our two top defensive d-men on the blue line. Carney will be back by then too, so that won't be a problem.

Closed Thread