Zinovjev sounds about ready to change the lineup

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 09:21 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Zinovjev sounds about ready to change the lineup

MassEnforcer and Lori were at the game and while Lori gives a nice overview of the game; Neelynugs asked MassEnforcer for a Zino update and it was quite encouraging. Misterjaggers listening to the feed said the announcers lauded Zino's play all over the ice. Well, well, well....what to do? MOC has singled out the forwards and a mediocre or ghastly trip will mean a change or to- and this looks about the most obvious to me. Common sense would think all Broon front office eyes are clearly glued to Patrice Bergeron to determine if he should stay or go. Can you realistically have these two both in the lineup at the same time. Zino is a touchy situation because he can and will probably bolt- unless he pulls a Manny and decides he loves Providence and doesn't want to come back up (thats exactly what Ramirez did last year on a rehab for his hand- got sent down and didn't want to come up )

However, thats seems unlikely- my guess is that MOC who was at game last night SPECIFICALLY imo to watch him (he's seen enough of Huml and Stock already is sitting on Jurcina so Morrisonn wasn't the focus for this night I'd reason to say)

Could Zinovjev be the guy to play with Samsonov? Well, sounds like he's going to get his chance. My only concern is does he have any defensive awareness in his body? Hope so...but thats somewhat secondary. And an afterthought is who plays RW? Green?

If Thornton/Murray are being reunited with Knuble, and Rolston is going to center for Ax and Lapointe? or Bergeron? then what....

Very interesting- you may want Lapointe to run a little protection with Samsonov and Zinovjev as well as do some board work. This would be huge if it ever came to fruition.

Could the Broons go with Zino and Bergeron? I say yes- Bergeron plays RW for now with Ax and Rolston and Zino centers Samsonov and Lapointe.

Your fourth line could have a big time veteran presence- McCarthy with Green and Zamuner.

LW/C/RW
Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Samsonov-Zinovjev-Lapointe
Axelsson-Rolston-Bergeron
Zamuner-Green-McCarthy

I see the Broons thru black and gold colored glasses but if Zinovjev is good to very good this group is better than the Sens imo.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:01 PM
misterjaggers

Zino!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
MassEnforcer and Lori were at the game and while Lori gives a nice overview of the game; Neelynugs asked MassEnforcer for a Zino update and it was quite encouraging. Misterjaggers listening to the feed said the announcers lauded Zino's play all over the ice. Well, well, well....what to do? MOC has singled out the forwards and a mediocre or ghastly trip will mean a change or to- and this looks about the most obvious to me. Common sense would think all Broon front office eyes are clearly glued to Patrice Bergeron to determine if he should stay or go. Can you realistically have these two both in the lineup at the same time. Zino is a touchy situation because he can and will probably bolt- unless he pulls a Manny and decides he loves Providence and doesn't want to come back up (thats exactly what Ramirez did last year on a rehab for his hand- got sent down and didn't want to come up )

However, thats seems unlikely- my guess is that MOC who was at game last night SPECIFICALLY imo to watch him (he's seen enough of Huml and Stock already is sitting on Jurcina so Morrisonn wasn't the focus for this night I'd reason to say)

Could Zinovjev be the guy to play with Samsonov? Well, sounds like he's going to get his chance. My only concern is does he have any defensive awareness in his body? Hope so...but thats somewhat secondary. And an afterthought is who plays RW? Green?

If Thornton/Murray are being reunited with Knuble, and Rolston is going to center for Ax and Lapointe? or Bergeron? then what....

Very interesting- you may want Lapointe to run a little protection with Samsonov and Zinovjev as well as do some board work. This would be huge if it ever came to fruition.

Could the Broons go with Zino and Bergeron? I say yes- Bergeron plays RW for now with Ax and Rolston and Zino centers Samsonov and Lapointe.

Your fourth line could have a big time veteran presence- McCarthy with Green and Zamuner.

LW/C/RW
Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Samsonov-Zinovjev-Lapointe
Axelsson-Rolston-Bergeron
Zamuner-Green-McCarthy

I see the Broons thru black and gold colored glasses but if Zinovjev is good to very good this group is better than the Sens imo.
It was so encouraging to hear about Zino's high level of play, wasn't it?

I think Sully will have to experiment to figure out who his linemates will be. I'm not convinced that he belongs on the same line with Samsonov. Fortunately he plays a two-way game so he won't be a defensive liability.

I know that his Providence assignment was initially described as a three week trial in the press, but I'm wondering if perhaps MOC was or will be able to convince him to stay longer in Providence? I realize that the only other Russian-speaking player in the organization is in Boston, but from a development standpoint, I think he'd be better served playing in the AHL for a while longer.

Practically speaking, how difficult would it be for the P-Bruins to add a Russian-speaking player? The Flames are over-stocked with defensemen.
They have a very mobile and physical Russian defenseman in Lowell who would be a fine acquisition: Roman Rozakov.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Pielsman

I'd think a trip to the NHL for Zino and some hanging out with Samsonov would be about the best thing for a homesick kid.

If the kid is allegedly pretty good defensively and has obvious offensive skills, then why not bring him up ?

From what I hear, he's finding his way around the 200 x 85 ft rinks here pretty well.

If he could stick as second line center, imagine the possibilities for a super gritty third line with Green, Lapointe and Axy.... -Piels

Old
10-18-2003, 12:28 PM
sarge88

Piels,

I believe you hit the nail on the head. IMO, Zinovjev needs Sammy to ensure that he doesn't get too homesick and that he learns or continues with a good work ethic. There isn't anyone that would be a better mentor than Sammy, as far as I am concerned.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:39 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
Piels,

I believe you hit the nail on the head. IMO, Zinovjev needs Sammy to ensure that he doesn't get too homesick and that he learns or continues with a good work ethic. There isn't anyone that would be a better mentor than Sammy, as far as I am concerned.
Samsonov is extremely grounded from what I hear; I haven't met him but he has done some charity work in my town and I know someone very well that is friendly with him. He says the guy is as modest as they come- courteous, always a smile, very 'unplugged'. Even if the two are different birds Sammy would probably be more than happy to do whatever he can to help. He just seems like that type of guy.

Zinovjev or Bergeron making a serious contribution would be huge and if both are here for the long haul its celebration time.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:27 PM
stungun

one thing that makes a difference is how these kids are introduced to the culture shock of america. i believe sammy and his dad moved over here when he played in detroit before he was drafted. that would sure make a difference in my orientation to a new country. but i keep seeing different posts stating zino does not speak any english, i was under the impression he has an acceptable knowledge of our freakin language. good to hear he is playing well and i say bring em up and play em.

Closed Thread