HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Reway

Old
05-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Bryson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
2012...it's still way too soon.

Fucale is progressing well.
We saw DLR over 2 seasons, not bad for a 2nd rounder 3-4 years after this draft.
Chucky is about to be a 1st line center?
Hudon is very promising.

This could be an amazing draft, we'll only know in about 2 years.
Colberg and Thrower were 2nd rnd picks in 2012. Hudon in 5th.

DLR, Fucale, Lehkonen were 2nds in 2013. McCarron 1st. Andrighetto 3rd. Reway in 4th rnd.

Bryson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Glad he got signed, but not really sure where he fits in. Hopefully he's willing to spend some time in the AHL.

To me, he's the one skill guy among our winger prospects (Hudon/Andrighetto/Lekhonen) that's a bit on the outside. I'd be very surprised if he ever made it on the Habs, due to his size and reported attitude problems, but based on everything that I've heard, his skill level is impressive. So maybe he has a strong year in the AHL and becomes a decent trading chip for us.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 01:42 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Glad he got signed, but not really sure where he fits in. Hopefully he's willing to spend some time in the AHL.

To me, he's the one skill guy among our winger prospects (Hudon/Andrighetto/Lekhonen) that's a bit on the outside. I'd be very surprised if he ever made it on the Habs, due to his size and reported attitude problems, but based on everything that I've heard, his skill level is impressive. So maybe he has a strong year in the AHL and becomes a decent trading chip for us.
I've had no problems in the past calling him our most skilled prospect.

Scherbak may be the only player in the organization not in the NHL with more raw offensive skill than him

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 01:45 PM
zzoo

What position does Reway play ? Is he comparable to Grabovski ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 01:56 PM
BJCOLLINS

If we can bring Nygren over, both he and Reway may be enough to push MT over the edge and lose it behind the bench.

Both are cocky and confident in their abilities. I like them.

BTW, how many little guys does that make? Pleks, DD, Gally, Byron, Reway, Ghetto, Lehkonen,
Hudon, Audette, Trunev

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I've had no problems in the past calling him our most skilled prospect.

Scherbak may be the only player in the organization not in the NHL with more raw offensive skill than him
Above a PPG in two different pro euro league for a guy his age is certainly impressive. Any comparable players out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
If we can bring Nygren over, both he and Reway may be enough to push MT over the edge and lose it behind the bench.

Both are cocky and confident in their abilities. I like them.

BTW, how many little guys does that make? Pleks, DD, Gally, Byron, Reway, Ghetto, Lehkonen,
Hudon, Audette, Trunev
Plekanec, Andrighetto, Lekhonen and Hudon really don't fall in the same category of small as any of these other guys. They're average.

Desharnais and Byron hopefully won't stick around for much longer, and Trunev is as close as it gets to irrelevant.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:04 PM
CanadianSharks

Good news. I wasn't sure if we were going to sign him. He's got crazy upside and comes with more or less no risk, since he was like a 4th rounder.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:06 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Quote:
Above a PPG in two different pro euro league for a guy his age is certainly impressive. Any comparable players out there?

Plekanec, Andrighetto, Lekhonen and Hudon really don't fall in the same category of small as any of these other guys. They're average.

Desharnais and Byron hopefully won't stick around for much longer, and Trunev is as close as it gets to irrelevant.
Panarin I guess would be a comparable.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:15 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:

Depends on if you want to compete for the cup against the west, their small and your small differ.

We have small and smurf size.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Keyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky001 View Post
He's very talented player but I think Habs making a mistake anyway. This guy is not exactly a team player and always creates a bad mood in the locker room and undermines the authority of the coach. In addition he's got problems with slot machines and a diet. Really surprised with Habs willing to take the risk. As far as I'm concerned, I wish him good luck and the same goes to Habs and their fans, you gonna need it. Hope I'm awfully wrong about him and his development but I saw what I saw here in Prague when he played for Sparta.
All of these problems he had(or at least 90% of them) were in Prage, his hometown. In a city this big and with so many potential distractions and bad influences around him. I believe that his stay at QMJHL was quiet. In Swiss too. The only controversial thing about him that did not happened in Prague that i remember was his late arrival to national team camp year ago when he didnt even notified the coach. The coach was really not pleased about it and decided to not take him to World Championship, officialy because of injury. Maybe 2 days after the start of WC Reway posted a photo from Dubai and stated he was perfectly fine and wanted to play. So i believe that this North American stay will be the best for him.

Plus about the ongoing WC..
Slovakia had (and unfortunately still have) a really bad coach, Zdeno Ciger. For the last maybe 4 years (after his departure from Slovan Bratislava) he was coaching little kids and it was so evident that he is not capable to be the coach of national team. He made the 1st line with him, Dano and unexperienced 26y old Martin Bakos and simply gave a really big burden to bare for these young guys. Player like Reway needs to play with and older, experienced forward ( like Sprunger in Fribourg) that is capable to score from his sometimes really amazing passes and that he can learn from. Like Hudacek-Satan duo from Slovan and 2012 World Championship. There wasnt a single experienced forward like this in our team this year. And it wasnt his tournament too. Sometimes he was like invisible and made mistakes, but it was evident that he was really trying. He had a few almost goal assists too but our forwards were simply not able to score... Plus as it was stated before from gunnerdom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerdom View Post
All the opposing team had to do was to keep an eye on him, Teams would just make sure Reway was covered. No other offensive threats on that team.
It was everywhere in Slovak medias and newspapers: The Elite Line - DANO/REWAY/BAKOS , Dano-Reway-Bakos... even though that Ciger is now declining that he wanted to do this...

Last edited by Keyal: 05-18-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Keyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Depends on if you want to compete for the cup against the west, their small and your small differ.

We have small and smurf size.
TB and PIT are not big at all.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:22 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
TB and PIT are not big at all.
And they are not western teams.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Pompeius Magnus

TB and PIT have a bigger top 9 than we do by a significant margin. The bantam weights they DO have are all above average talent wise too. No team comes close to us as far as having 5ft9 and under players , in both quantity and roles.

Pompeius Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
TB and PIT have a bigger top 9 than we do by a significant margin. The bantam weights they DO have are all above average talent wise . No team comes close to us as far as having 5ft9 and under players.
No they don't. Who is big on Pittsburgh other than Malkin?

Tsmpa has.. Boyle and killorn

Old
05-18-2016, 02:30 PM
Pompeius Magnus

Quote:
No they don't. Who is big on Pittsburgh other than Malkin?

Tsmpa has.. Boyle and killorn
The whole top 9 for Pitt is perfectly average size wise. Kessel, Hornquist,Kunitz,Hagelin,Bonino,Cullen,etc. Same for Tampa, the one 5ft9 and under guy they have is ultra talented and would be top 4 in all 30 teams. The rest is right around average.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:31 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Quote:
The whole top 9 for Pitt is perfectly average size wise. Kessel, Hornquist,Kunitz,Hagelin,Bonino,Cullen,etc. Same for Tampa, the one 5ft9 and under guy they have is ultra talented and would be top 4 in all 30 teams.
If you are going to say they are average size then plekanec, lehkonen and hudon are all average sized as well.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:33 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
The whole top 9 for Pitt is perfectly average size wise. Kessel, Hornquist,Kunitz,Hagelin,Bonino,Cullen,etc. Same for Tampa, the one 5ft9 and under guy they have is ultra talented and would be top 4 in all 30 teams. The rest is right around average.
About as average sized as we are.

The only small player with a prominent role on this team is Gallagher, and he plays bigger than most "big" players.

Desharnais and Byron are irrelevant, or soon to be.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:35 PM
Pompeius Magnus

Quote:
If you are going to say they are average size then plekanec, lehkonen and hudon are all average sized as well.
I consider Plek and Lehkonen average sized. 5ft11, 190-ish is fine for a forward, no problems there in my book.

Quote:
About as average sized as we are.

The only small player with a prominent role on this team is Gallagher, and he plays bigger than most "big" players.

Desharnais and Byron are irrelevant, or soon to be.

I'll believe it when I see it !

Old
05-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Keyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky001 View Post
99% of fans were happy to see him go and that should tell you everything.
I think thats pretty misleading. Its not like 99% of fans hated him during his whole stay in Sparta. They started to hate him after the news "about his problems with coach when he refused to play with that little ice time when he was leading the productivity in the whole czech league" prevailed. Now he is the most hated Slovakian in czech sport discussions, mainly because its really, really unusual case there when player refuse to play, in this case even for maybe the biggest club in czech rep (and with strong fan base i quess).

It might seem that im trying to be Reways white knight here but im really not. Ive heard about his slot machine, diet and maybe drinking problems from people on the internet discussions too and im not saying that they are false, but i think he is still a very special player (at least for Slovakian conditions) with really good hands and a natural born talent that just needs a strong coach hand above him. Plus he may be the only player (with Marko Dano and maybe Tomas Jurco) from our country that has a predispositions to bring joy from watching NHL every night for the next maybe 10 years, like Demitra, Satan, Bondra, Palffy etc. used to and sadly only Marian Hossa and Tomas Tatar still do.

Last edited by Keyal: 05-18-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Keyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:41 PM
gusfring

Brings nothing to the table. Non factor, IMO.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:41 PM
BJCOLLINS

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...roster.php?Mtl And NHL.com will give you average ht/wt.

Size differences not even close, TP/Pitt or western teams Vs Habs.

anyway good to have an asset like Reway signed.

Old
05-18-2016, 02:43 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatVader View Post
I know it's totally different levels of competition, but nice to see he can score PPG+ consistently in multiple leagues.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:51 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...roster.php?Mtl And NHL.com will give you average ht/wt.

Size differences not even close, TP/Pitt or western teams Vs Habs.

anyway good to have an asset like Reway signed.
At the start of the season, the habs were the 3rd shortest team but was 14/15th in weights. The difference between the last and first place in height was 2 inches.

So Habs are not a small team. The only people that think the Habs are small are Habs fan.

http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2015/10/20...eight-and.html

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Six most used forward per team in the PO
Pens
Crosby 5'11
Malkin 6'3
Hornqvist 5'11
Kessel 6'0
Bonino 6'1
Hagelin 5'11

TB
Filppula 6'0
Kucherov 5'11
Palat 6'0
Killorn 6'2
Johnson 5'8
Callahan 5'10

SJ
Pavelski 5'11
Thornton 6'4
Couture 6'1
Hertl 6'2
Marleau 6'2
Ward 6'1

STL
Steen 5'11
Statsny 6'0
Backes 6'3
Brouwer 6'3
Schwartz 5'10
Tarasenko 6'0

MTL regular season
Plekanec 5'11
Pacioretty 6'2
Gallagher 5'9
Galchenyuk 6'2
Desharnais 5'7
Fleischmann 6'1 Not here anymore
Eller 6'2

Replace DD with a 6'0+ and it's kinda the same as the final 4 (except SJ).

Theoratical next year
Plekanec 5'11
Pacioretty 6'2
Gallagher 5'9
Galchenyuk 6'2
Carr 6'0
Andrighetto 5'10

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Bonino and Ghetto are three inches appart but I would say Ghetto is a lot harder to play against physical.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote