HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mogilny on waivers - TSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2006, 10:44 PM
  #26
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
With all the injuries I would take a chance on him right now. He has 12 goals which would rank him 5th on the Kings and has 1 less goal by himself than Roenick, Bure and Luc combined. I believe those 3 guys get paid around 9 million while Mogilny would only cost about 1.5 this years and 3.5 next. Take into account that Roenick, Bure and Luc should all be let go as UFA's and that's a savings of 5.5 million for the same production. Done deal.
Interesting...

waive roenick and luc so the kings can bring in a guy like mogilny ...

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
01-08-2006, 10:52 PM
  #27
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
Interesting...

waive roenick and luc so the kings can bring in a guy like mogilny ...
The Kings wouldn't even have to waive JR or Luc to bring in Mogilny. Do not forget that JR and Luc's contract come off the books in 3 months.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
  #28
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
The Kings wouldn't even have to waive JR or Luc to bring in Mogilny. Do not forget that JR and Luc's contract come off the books in 3 months.
Exactly. You pay Mogilny 1.5 this year, Luc, JR and Bure will all be gone next season. 1.5 million for a guy who most people on here think he sucks yet is only a couple of goals behind the great Alexander Frolov? What does that say about this "great" Kings prospect?

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
  #29
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
With all the injuries I would take a chance on him right now. He has 12 goals which would rank him 5th on the Kings and has 1 less goal by himself than Roenick, Bure and Luc combined. I believe those 3 guys get paid around 9 million while Mogilny would only cost about 1.5 this years and 3.5 next. Take into account that Roenick, Bure and Luc should all be let go as UFA's and that's a savings of 5.5 million for the same production. Done deal.
Concur

 
Old
01-09-2006, 01:41 PM
  #30
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Concur
My issue with it is the spending of $3.5 mil for next year when the Kings are obviously still forming a lineup on the cheap these days. There are much better guys available this off-season and the Kings need to look at them before committing $3.5 to an injury-riddled former superstar who may or may not work out for them this or next year.

The following guys are UFAs, this offseason... All could make an impact on this team. I'd hate to find out the Kings gave up a chance to sign ANY of these guys because they committed to Mogilny this season, or worse, they couldn't keep one of their own UFAs because they committed to Mogilny.


Arnott, Jason ------ Dallas Stars
Boucher, Philippe -- Dallas Stars
Chara, Zdeno ------- Ottawa Senators
Elias, Patrik ------ New Jersey Devils
Jokinen, Olli ------ Florida Panthers
Kaberle, Tomas ----- Toronto Maple Leafs
Kubina, Pavel ------ Tampa Bay Lightning
Lidstrom, Niklas --- Detroit Red Wings
McCabe, Bryan ------ Toronto Maple Leafs
Morris, Derek ------ Phoenix Coyotes
Redden, Wade ------- Ottawa Senators
Sakic, Joe --------- Colorado Avalanche
Savard, Marc ------- Atlanta Thrashers
Weight, Doug ------- St. Louis Blues
Witt, Brendan ------ Washington Capitals


We're not talking about a world beater here... Mogilny is a shell of his former self, older and more susceptible to injury (like everyone else on this team apparently). And while I don't expect the winning to last with all the injuries, I also believe that the injuries are far less serious than in the past (sans Bure of course) assuming that AM isn't being totally unrealistic with his injury reports.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
01-09-2006, 02:08 PM
  #31
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
My issue with it is the spending of $3.5 mil for next year when the Kings are obviously still forming a lineup on the cheap these days. There are much better guys available this off-season and the Kings need to look at them before committing $3.5 to an injury-riddled former superstar who may or may not work out for them this or next year.

The following guys are UFAs, this offseason... All could make an impact on this team. I'd hate to find out the Kings gave up a chance to sign ANY of these guys because they committed to Mogilny this season, or worse, they couldn't keep one of their own UFAs because they committed to Mogilny.


Arnott, Jason ------ Dallas Stars
Boucher, Philippe -- Dallas Stars
Chara, Zdeno ------- Ottawa Senators
Elias, Patrik ------ New Jersey Devils
Jokinen, Olli ------ Florida Panthers
Kaberle, Tomas ----- Toronto Maple Leafs
Kubina, Pavel ------ Tampa Bay Lightning
Lidstrom, Niklas --- Detroit Red Wings
McCabe, Bryan ------ Toronto Maple Leafs
Morris, Derek ------ Phoenix Coyotes
Redden, Wade ------- Ottawa Senators
Sakic, Joe --------- Colorado Avalanche
Savard, Marc ------- Atlanta Thrashers
Weight, Doug ------- St. Louis Blues
Witt, Brendan ------ Washington Capitals


We're not talking about a world beater here... Mogilny is a shell of his former self, older and more susceptible to injury (like everyone else on this team apparently). And while I don't expect the winning to last with all the injuries, I also believe that the injuries are far less serious than in the past (sans Bure of course) assuming that AM isn't being totally unrealistic with his injury reports.
Very good points.

We'll see what happens.

 
Old
01-09-2006, 02:17 PM
  #32
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
All the points are moot. The Kings are not interested in Mogilny.

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
01-09-2006, 02:32 PM
  #33
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
How much would he count against the cap next season if the Kings waived him after the season is over? I would love to have Elias, Richards or most of the guys on that list but don't forget other teams will also be bidding and the Kings aren't exactly known to win bidding wars.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
01-09-2006, 02:40 PM
  #34
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
How much would he count against the cap next season if the Kings waived him after the season is over? I would love to have Elias, Richards or most of the guys on that list but don't forget other teams will also be bidding and the Kings aren't exactly known to win bidding wars.
They did with Conroy and Demitra

 
Old
01-09-2006, 02:52 PM
  #35
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
They did with Conroy and Demitra
They did a good job last offseason because they had to to make the fans come back. It's still debatable if this organization is in business to win or make money or if they have figured out the 2 are closely related. I don't think anybody believes Mogilny will be some sort of savior but I would expect him to do a better job than Anson Carter or Martin Straka-and certainly Valeri Bure, JR and Luc.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
01-09-2006, 03:18 PM
  #36
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
There's still a half-season for JR to pull it together enough that the Kings almost have to bring him back. It's a PR thing so I'm not counting on all of his salary being available next season...

Grebs will be subject to waivers next season = he's in and due a raise on his qualifier. There's over a million right there. So Luc out = Grebs in = slight increase in payroll...Sure it can be said that they have to earn a roster spot. But in the end, if they're a high enough draft pick, they get one handed to them rather than risking losing them on waivers..

Dustin Brown = Raise
Tim Gleason = Raise (probably the largest raise out of the three here)
Mike Cammalleri = Raise

Look at the list of UFAs, looks like some money's headed that way as well...

King Blazer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.