Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Northern and Southern Division previews posted

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
Northern and Southern Division previews posted

Just posted today, previews of the Northern and Southern Divisions of the ECHL, with emphasis on some of the key prospects from each team.

Northern:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Southern:

Old
10-18-2003, 09:15 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Well laid out and good reads. With the other divisons get write ups as well?

Old
10-18-2003, 09:41 PM
Holly Gunning

Thanks. Yes, in a few days.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Cool!

Just finished reading through both, easy to read and helpful since I'm way out here in the west and really don't know much about the eastern teams, now I know a bit more

Old
10-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Holly Gunning

Here's the Central Division, the Pacific will be up tomorrow.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6364

Old
10-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Holly Gunning

Last but not least, the Pacific.

Old
10-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Excellent articles but.....

I'm a little a confused here. Pete Summerfelt (who by the way was terrific for Dartmouth last year) is listed in one article as playing for Pensacola, while another article lists him as playing for Atlantic City. So which team does he actually play for?

FYI, Peter Fregoe's name has an "e" at the end of it. He's also a great player to keep an eye on. Hard Worker, good skater and just an all-around great offensive player......well at least he was when he played at Providence.

Aside from those points, well written articles and I applaud the authors for some very insightful info.

I'm curious to see how the now former NCAA guys do, especially the rookies. I saw many of these guys last season, some of whom I just can't say enough good things about.

Old
10-29-2003, 03:59 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I'm a little a confused here. Pete Summerfelt (who by the way was terrific for Dartmouth last year) is listed in one article as playing for Pensacola, while another article lists him as playing for Atlantic City. So which team does he actually play for?
He's with Pensacola.

Those opening night rosters in the Northern preview were copied straight out of an ECHL press release. The league spelled several names wrong, inlcuding Fregoe. The Summerfelt listing might have been a mistake on their part, or maybe he was traded in between articles, I'm not sure.

Old
10-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
He's with Pensacola.

Those opening night rosters in the Northern preview were copied straight out of an ECHL press release. The league spelled several names wrong, inlcuding Fregoe. The Summerfelt listing might have been a mistake on their part, or maybe he was traded in between articles, I'm not sure.
Thanks Holly. He'll be a great addition to their lineup.

Old
10-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Quellet The Dogs Out

Also...Snowball, who is in the Titans preview was released before opening day - there was an immigration problem. I will e-mail Holly and try to get this fixed ASAP

Old
11-01-2003, 06:04 AM
Langway2

vCash:
Central

It's a great idea to post summaries of all the ECHL teams, as it's difficult to keep track of everyone in the minors, especially when you are in Western Canada! A couple of things I have to add though, of all the "newcomers" in Pensacola, Kent Sauer(D), and Mike Jones(D) are not new! They played there last season, but Sauer was out with a knee injury for the better part of it, and Jones played regularly. Also your preview of Mississippi was missing two significant additions, Anthony "Bates" Battaglia, who IMO is a bit of a late bloomer who has all the skill but seems to be stuck in his brother's shadow, and Kerry Ellis-Toddington, a defenseman that was here in Vancouver last year that has the talent and hockey sense to be great but lost a step mentally after being sent down last year in exhibition. Not to mention they also have Jim Baxter (ECHL's dman of the year) and Steffon Walby( ECHL MVP). Anyway just a little insight that I thought could be added. Keep up the great work it's highly appreciated!

Closed Thread