HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Anyone watching the Rose Bowl on ABC?

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
g52*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
OT: Anyone watching the Rose Bowl on ABC?

Im watching it now and I cant stand the announcers. One guy is ok but the other guy sounds like he fell through a time warp from the 50's into present day. Thoughts/ Comments on the game so far?

Old
01-04-2006, 08:29 PM
DarthSather99

I'm rooting for Texas ....Lots of fumbles in this game so far.

Old
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
g52*

Same here. USC is all Hollywood. Reggie Bush is so selfish ( that bonehead lateral play ).

Old
01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
the other guy sounds like he fell through a time warp from the 50's into present day.
I thought the same exact thing, but I personally enjoy old-school broadcasting. What do you think of Steve Sommers on WFAN?

Old
01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
DarthSather99

great drive by Texas. They got a favorable call there but they are shredding the USC defense and would have scored anyway. These announces are horrible. The old guy sounds like he's leaning towards USC.

missed X-point

9-7 Texas

Old
01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Wow, what a ******** touchdown.

Old
01-04-2006, 08:47 PM
DarthSather99

Texas secondary is shutting down USC.

Edit: BTW where's the great Bush?

Old
01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Texas will still lose either way.

USC will beat them.

Bush has walked all over the NCAA. He will walk all over Texas. Don't worry.

And I'm not a USC fan in the least. USC is just a better team.

Old
01-04-2006, 08:54 PM
DarthSather99

Another Texas drive shredding the USC defense. Young looks awesome. Could be a GREAT RB in the NFL. TE Thomas isn't being covered.

16-7 Texas

Old
01-04-2006, 08:57 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
i wonder if this makes people second guess taking bush number one after his inability to do anything vs. a top defense...and young is looking much more like the best qb if he declares for the draft

Old
01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
i wonder if this makes people second guess taking bush number one after his inability to do anything vs. a top defense...and young is looking much more like the best qb if he declares for the draft
Wow, are you kidding me? USC has played good teams and Reggie Bush did it all year and was pretty solid last year as well. Bush will easily be #1 or 2.

Old
01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44

Young is a GREAT running QB, playmaker and has a strong arm. He has questionable accuracy though. You can tell when he throws he isn't following through and being careful. He's a short to mid range thrower. Throwing deep is his problem. An NFL QB HAS to be able to throw deep and make defenses pay for cheating at the line of scrimmage.

Bush is a GREAT RB but the secondary is shutting down the passing game and the LB's can key on Bush. Texas has a good sure tackling defense

Old
01-04-2006, 09:14 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Texas just has an incredible defense. Obviously ANY running back would have to work extra hard for anything.

I am one who thinks that Young won't make it in the NFL. Never liked his arm strength for the pro game.

Old
01-04-2006, 11:30 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

*******. Great game.

Still can't believe Texas won. Good for them. Haven't won the big one in what? 30 something years?

Good for them.

Old
01-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

GO TEXAS!!! not to mention V. Young had 200 yrds rushing with an average of 10 yds per carry, not bad for a qb. didn't get to watch mutch but it was a good game.

Old
01-04-2006, 11:58 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Wow, what a game.

Keith Jackson is the premier PBP guy in the biz for CFB. That said, his time is over. He is getting old, and I think is having trouble seeing. Also, he was up SC's *** all game, it was brutal at times.

Old
01-05-2006, 01:30 AM
JCProdigy

Yeah Jackson was the elder PBP man who sounded out of it at times. Still all should respect the man because at the top of his game he was one of the best in the biz for a long time. Fouts did the color. He's a former Charger QB but you might know him from the Water Boy "It's the last game of the year and you can't hold anything back!"

I dunno but V. Young dominated that game. This is the second bowl game in a row that he took over. I also don't know about questionable arm strength or accuracy as I saw him throw a ball cross field, across his body, while fading backwards for 20+ that looked like it took a bit of strength. Also he had a few deep passes where the only problems were covered receivers. I also remember them mentioning that he had one of the highest comp% in the country. He'll make for an interesting wild card type draft pick for sure.

Old
01-05-2006, 02:13 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Yeah Jackson was the elder PBP man who sounded out of it at times. Still all should respect the man because at the top of his game he was one of the best in the biz for a long time. Fouts did the color. He's a former Charger QB but you might know him from the Water Boy "It's the last game of the year and you can't hold anything back!"

I dunno but V. Young dominated that game. This is the second bowl game in a row that he took over. I also don't know about questionable arm strength or accuracy as I saw him throw a ball cross field, across his body, while fading backwards for 20+ that looked like it took a bit of strength. Also he had a few deep passes where the only problems were covered receivers. I also remember them mentioning that he had one of the highest comp% in the country. He'll make for an interesting wild card type draft pick for sure.
I love Keith Jackson, he's still an incredible PBP guy, but he's starting to fade, and it is really sad to say. He's the kind of guy that you never want to see retire, but unfortunetely, he will have to soon, because he is really starting to fade, and fast.

Old
01-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Choice

That may have been the best football game I've ever seen.

Old
01-05-2006, 09:39 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy

In the NFL Players aren't going to be as wide open as in college. ALot of the Texas WR's were WIDE open last night. Believe me, VY can throw with ALOT more zip on his throws. He's got a cannon and a strong arm. The problem is that he isn't that accurate when he throws with zip. He's like John Rocker (Former Braves RP, throwing wise) in that his hard throws get away from him. I am a HUGE Texas Longhorn fan but think VY will find it hard to QB in the NFL. Who am I to question him though. He dominated the biggest college game against the toughest college team. His legs and strength are his greatest assets though.

GREAT win by a GREAT TEAM last night. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

Old
01-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
I thought the same exact thing, but I personally enjoy old-school broadcasting. What do you think of Steve Sommers on WFAN?

Sommers is awesome....doesn't take himself seriously and is very funny. He is just a fan talking with other fans.

Old
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
g52*

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
I dont listen to WFAN much. The only stuff I really listen to on the radio is Don LaGreca and Sean Hannity.

Old
01-05-2006, 05:08 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
In the NFL Players aren't going to be as wide open as in college. ALot of the Texas WR's were WIDE open last night. Believe me, VY can throw with ALOT more zip on his throws. He's got a cannon and a strong arm. The problem is that he isn't that accurate when he throws with zip. He's like John Rocker (Former Braves RP, throwing wise) in that his hard throws get away from him. I am a HUGE Texas Longhorn fan but think VY will find it hard to QB in the NFL. Who am I to question him though. He dominated the biggest college game against the toughest college team. His legs and strength are his greatest assets though.

GREAT win by a GREAT TEAM last night. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
All I can say to retort that is that he was the highest rated passer in the country (above Leinhart) and also had the highest completion percentage in the country as well. That has to count for something. Will it translate and him become a bigger/stronger Vick but like I said a real "wild card" pick.

Old
01-05-2006, 05:24 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Too bad USC lost by a ******** touchdown. That makes this win tainted, IMHO...

Old
01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Too bad USC lost by a ******** touchdown. That makes this win tainted, IMHO...
It seems to be tainted by those who thought that USC was unbeatable. USC could not stop Young. Texas would have scored anyway.

Want to talk about blown calls? What about that interception by Texas that was ruled incomplete after the Texas player hit the ground and lost the ball. The ground can not cause a fumble. A blown call. USC eventually scored on that drive. Take points off the board for USC if you want to be fair.

It's all irrelevant. There were alot of bad calls on both sides. TEXAS still wins. They were the better team. They shut Bush down until one drive late in the game. Leinart looked like he was cross eyed just before half time. He got pounded.

Closed Thread