HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: 01/05/06 Flyers at Rangers - 7 PM (MSG)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2006, 07:33 AM
gdflynn1*

vCash: 500
Official GDT: 01/05/06 Flyers at Rangers - 7 PM (MSG)

vs.

NY Rangers: (22-12-6, 11-5-3 home, 50 pts)

Ph. Flyers: (25-8-6, 12-3-3 away, 56 pts)

Notes:

Injuries

New York:
None

Philadelphia:
Robert Esche (groin)
Keith Primeau (concussion)
Turner Stevenson (hip)
Joni Pitkanen (sports hernia)
Eric Desjardins (shoulder)

Renney is leaning toward starting Kevin Weekes in goal, the coach said.

"You see a lineup that seemed to have some rhythm [Tuesday]," Renney said. "Do you disrupt that to integrate someone like Colton in there, who brings value, for a specific reason? Do you want to play with that, is the question."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/61012.htm

Old
01-05-2006, 08:46 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
vs.

NY Rangers: (22-12-6, 11-5-3 home, 50 pts)

Ph. Flyers: (25-8-6, 12-3-3 away, 56 pts)

Notes:

Injuries

New York:
None

Philadelphia:
Robert Esche (groin)
Keith Primeau (concussion)
Turner Stevenson (hip)
Joni Pitkanen (sports hernia)
Eric Desjardins (shoulder)

Renney is leaning toward starting Kevin Weekes in goal, the coach said.

"You see a lineup that seemed to have some rhythm [Tuesday]," Renney said. "Do you disrupt that to integrate someone like Colton in there, who brings value, for a specific reason? Do you want to play with that, is the question."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/61012.htm

Another option for Renney is Colton Orr, a 6-3 226-pound bruiser who has yet to make his Ranger debut. Wow the paper is wrong, I know he has not played much but he made his Rangers debut already.

Old
01-05-2006, 08:51 AM
gdflynn1*

Yeah, no idea who NICK PARISH is...

Old
01-05-2006, 09:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Another option for Renney is Colton Orr, a 6-3 226-pound bruiser who has yet to make his Ranger debut. Wow the paper is wrong, I know he has not played much but he made his Rangers debut already.

I don't think he's played at MSG yet. That could be what the paper was referring to.

01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Taz

Looking forward to this one, Their Penalty Kill is a weak point, and their defence isnt that mobile, hopefully we can get a few PP's and use some of our speed and hustle.

3-2 Rangers

Moore, Betts and Jagr with the goals

Old
01-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Fletch

I will be disappointed...

if Weekes starts in goal tonight. Seems as though he's leaning that way because Weekes gave up 3 goals against them...three months ago. Makes all the sense in the world. Lundqvist gives up one goal in OT at home, and has a great home record. He should be starting in this season's toughest match for the Rangers. If Weekes starts, I think the Flyers score 5 goals; with Lundqvist, I think the Flyers get 3 goals. Don't know which Rangers offense will show up.

Old
01-05-2006, 09:41 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
if Weekes starts in goal tonight. Seems as though he's leaning that way because Weekes gave up 3 goals against them...three months ago. Makes all the sense in the world. Lundqvist gives up one goal in OT at home, and has a great home record. He should be starting in this season's toughest match for the Rangers. If Weekes starts, I think the Flyers score 5 goals; with Lundqvist, I think the Flyers get 3 goals. Don't know which Rangers offense will show up.

The rangers gotta use their speed by the Flyers defense. Hatcher and Therien are slow. Brashear vs Orr hopefully will happen tonight. I predict 5-3 Rangers win. Jagr (2), Straka, Ortmeyer, Moore. For the Flyers Gagne, Kapanen, Forsberg

Old
01-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Fletch

Brashear vs. Orr...

would just be a distraction. Love fighting, but the focus has to be on stopping Forsberg and Gagne. To do that, Renney quite possibly will put his two checking lines (Betts and Moore) up against them, and Orr doesn't fit into either - I'd rather have Ward, [Tuesday's Niemo], Betts, Moore, Hollweg and Ortmeyer out there. They give this team a better chance to win.

Old
01-05-2006, 10:31 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Looking forward to this one, Their Penalty Kill is a weak point, and their defence isnt that mobile, hopefully we can get a few PP's and use some of our speed and hustle.
Actually since Sami Kapanen returned from injury the Flyers PK has been a strong point, clicking at just under 87% the last 15 games or so. Ranking still isn't good, but that's because we were absolutely horrific early in the season.

The Flyers PP is what has been struggling. The loss of our two point men Desjardins, and especially Pitkanen has been a major problem.

Old
01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
92hatchattack

I though Renny said he was gonna play "the hot glove" .... Weeks sure doesnt have the hot glove right now. Why the hell does he love Weeks so much???

Old
01-05-2006, 10:47 AM
greatwhite101*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Actually since Sami Kapanen returned from injury the Flyers PK has been a strong point, clicking at just under 87% the last 15 games or so. Ranking still isn't good, but that's because we were absolutely horrific early in the season.

The Flyers PP is what has been struggling. The loss of our two point men Desjardins, and especially Pitkanen has been a major problem.
I thought Flyers PK was more like 84% in last 17 games. If Flyers will come out like they did against Ottawa, Rangers will fall. Should be interesting.

Old
01-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
would just be a distraction. Love fighting, but the focus has to be on stopping Forsberg and Gagne. To do that, Renney quite possibly will put his two checking lines (Betts and Moore) up against them, and Orr doesn't fit into either - I'd rather have Ward, [Tuesday's Niemo], Betts, Moore, Hollweg and Ortmeyer out there. They give this team a better chance to win.
Agree 100%, Orr shouldn't even be a consideration for this game....Maybe future games against the Flyers, but not this one....Actually a better option would be Strudwick up front and Pock on the back-line but, again, who sits??..Brashear, Eager and the like mean little right now....Stopping Forsberg and Gagne as well as buzzing around the Flyers big boys is what matters....unless the Flyers cahnge the equation..

Old
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Phil333

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack
I though Renny said he was gonna play "the hot glove" .... Weeks sure doesnt have the hot glove right now. Why the hell does he love Weeks so much???
I was just asking myself this question. We are playing the best team in the division, start your best goalie.

Old
01-05-2006, 11:00 AM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333
I was just asking myself this question. We are playing the best team in the division, start your best goalie.
Right??? Lungqvist needs a win. His team is just not getting it done for him. I think Henke is playing very well right now, but i think hes got alot more in him. He was on fire when he came in at the begining of the season. If his team can get him some wins and light that fire again hes going to be awesome!

Old
01-05-2006, 11:48 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Rangers V. Philly

As I posted in the biggest surprises/disappointments thread on here, I am greatly disappointed in how Renney is handling the goalie situation. Henrick should be playing the greater majority of the games, especially the games against tough competition such as Philly and Ottawa. If he is playing the "Hot Glove" he should be starting Henrick, who had a shutout for all of regulation play and let in a goal in OT on the 3rd rebound. Henrick is one of the biggest reasons why the Rangers are doing so well this season it seems rediculous that hes not playing tonight

Old
01-05-2006, 11:48 AM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack
He did. I believe it was either during practice the day of or the day before the game agains TB. I sincerely hope he's NOT backing down on that.

Last edited by romba: 01-05-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old
01-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Choice

How can you not start Henrik!? If Weekes was to start, why not against Pitt or even Tamp Bay?

This is the best team we've played in a while and as big a game you can have in early January...how can you not go with the best goalie

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-05-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old
01-05-2006, 12:47 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Agree 100%, Orr shouldn't even be a consideration for this game....Maybe future games against the Flyers, but not this one....Actually a better option would be Strudwick up front and Pock on the back-line but, again, who sits??..Brashear, Eager and the like mean little right now....Stopping Forsberg and Gagne as well as buzzing around the Flyers big boys is what matters....unless the Flyers cahnge the equation..
I like the idea of Strudwick up front too. Pock might give us a little more mobility on the backline and Strudwick if he has to fight someone-- it won't effect our pairings. And just in case it gives an extra d'man if we need one.

Old
01-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Fletch

I wouldn't replace....

any of the current forwards with Strudwick. I just hope Strudwick's not as slow (or doesn't appear to be as slow) tonight as he was in the last couple games.

Old
01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If Weekes gets the start...: Give Weekes FLA, not Philly.

Old
01-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
We Want Henrik! *clap clap clapclapclap*

If he was going to sit Lundy for one of these 2 games, should have sat him against TB.

4-2 Philly. Moore and Jagr with Ranger goals.

Old
01-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
any of the current forwards with Strudwick. I just hope Strudwick's not as slow (or doesn't appear to be as slow) tonight as he was in the last couple games.
Not what I was really getting at because I agree with not switching out any of the 12 forwards from the other night (if Ville plays as well)...Just thought IF you replace an existing forward with a physical player to combat a team like the Flyers, Strudwick might be a better move then Orr....

Old
01-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Choice

I'd scratch Rucchin. Betts brings similar d and Rucchin has not been producing offensively.

Old
01-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
6-2 Flyers we hit rock bottem tonight a trade is made and we start all over. They are simply on a better run right now and bigger and tougher.

Old
01-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
I'd scratch Rucchin. Betts brings similar d and Rucchin has not been producing offensively.
I agree about Rucchin...but with this move, then Moore(?) goes back to the 2nd line where he is/was ineffective and the energy line is disbanced once again...Until the Rangers feel comfortable with that a guy like Helminen or Immonen is ready to play 2nd C (or a trade is made) can't see Rucchin budging

Closed Thread