HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Coyotes are losers.For real!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Prentice*

vCash: 500
The Coyotes are losers.For real!!!!!

With the promise of a successful 2005-2006 season forthcoming, the Coyotes are 20 up. 20 down.Have scored 117, allowed 117,
Since Boucher has arrived , Joseph has failed---MISERABLY! Sought of how he failed when Hasek was his competition in Detroit.
Doan has to go! He has never been captain material.He has gutts, but, no skills left.He is too soft to lead .
There must be some radical changes-QUICK--or-- that miserable drive on the 101, will not be worth the aggrovation to me.

Last edited by Prentice*: 01-16-2006 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Evidence continues to mount.
Old
01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
puck57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prentice
With the promise of a successful 2005-2006 season forthcoming, the Coyotes are 20 up. 20 down.Have scored 117, allowed 117,
Since Boucher has arrived , Joseph has failed---MISERABLY! Sought of how he failed when Hasek was his competition in Detroit.
Doan has to go! He has never been captain material.He has gutts, but, no skills left.He is too soft to lead .
There must be some radical changes-QUICK--or-- that miserable drive on the 101, will not be worth the aggrovation to me.
Prentice- save your box of kleenex. If you are giving up when there is still half a season left that's your problem. We have talked about this on other posts here and I think most agree it will be an uphill struggle but the season is by no means totally lost when you still have half your games yet to play. The top guns are not going to totally gut the team- at least not yet- so if you are pinning your hopes on that wave that one goodby.

Old
01-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Little Wing

Send a message via Yahoo to Little Wing
O.K.
Just curious to the fact that how can some folks overlook the reality that only one team will win each year?

Give it a rest, even if the Coyotes were in the top 10 in the entire league, they wouldn't be able to pull of a Stanley Cup this season anyhow.
As far as Shane Doan goes, Cut the guy a little slack. Or come up with an alternative for captain on this club. He is the best candidate or he wouldn't be wearing the "C"
No-one knows what goes on when it's not game time, so with no concrete evidence to back up a claim like that, One would think you'd have better luck peein' into the wind.

Old
01-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Prentice*

4-0, enough evidence?

Poor Shane!!!!

Old
01-06-2006, 08:17 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Poor Shane!!!!
Are you still here? Is there some kind of point to your presence that I'm missing?

Old
01-06-2006, 09:28 AM
eye

Quote:
Careful now, other posters may confuse you with me!!!

Seriously though, most of us predicted a .500 season. This team will continue to be really good one night and pretty bad the next. Injuries don't help and some of the inexperience and lack of mobility on the backend are more apparent against the better teams in the league. I thought Lisin had a decent game for the Russians last night. He worked hard, showed good speed and he cried his eyes out after the loss showing that he cares. He made some mental mistakes that concerned me but overall he shows the potential to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. Wheeler was a bit disappointing. I thought he would show more in this tournament but many of the so called stars failed to shine for Team USA. Can we trade a few vets and make a run for the draft lottery and take this Eric Johnston kid? If not, I hope Barny is prepared to trade as much away as he has to in order to get a really high pick this year.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
We need to do what it takes to change our lineup from 3 to 4 lines of guys making $1.5 to $3 mill per year and load up with an ELITE first line, a good second line, and some grit and youth from there. We have too much average to good and not enough great.

Old
01-06-2006, 10:15 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
Careful now, other posters may confuse you with me!!!

Seriously though, most of us predicted a .500 season. This team will continue to be really good one night and pretty bad the next. Injuries don't help and some of the inexperience and lack of mobility on the backend are more apparent against the better teams in the league. I thought Lisin had a decent game for the Russians last night. He worked hard, showed good speed and he cried his eyes out after the loss showing that he cares. He made some mental mistakes that concerned me but overall he shows the potential to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. Wheeler was a bit disappointing. I thought he would show more in this tournament but many of the so called stars failed to shine for Team USA. Can we trade a few vets and make a run for the draft lottery and take this Eric Johnston kid? If not, I hope Barny is prepared to trade as much away as he has to in order to get a really high pick this year.

Eye, are you just as confused as I am with the decision to put Lisin at center for much of the game? Lisin looked so much better on the wing.

Yes, I was teased quite a lot about #7 in red bawling. Quite a lot.

Old
01-07-2006, 11:08 AM
eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
Eye, are you just as confused as I am with the decision to put Lisin at center for much of the game? Lisin looked so much better on the wing.

Yes, I was teased quite a lot about #7 in red bawling. Quite a lot.
I thought it was refreshing to see a Russian cry his eyes out. It showed he cared which is something that Russian players lacked in years past. Their coach was trying some funny stuff like not playing Malkin on the 1st unit PP. Lisin skates well enough to be center and may not be physical enough to play on the wall in North America. Always nice to have a skilled player that can skate and play both. He showed me more this year than last and I'm encouraged about his future.

hbk, always like to hear your impressions of prospects and players in general. Which players suprised you and played better than expected and which ones disappointed you. Not just limited to Yotes prospects obviously.

Old
01-07-2006, 12:37 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
I thought it was refreshing to see a Russian cry his eyes out. It showed he cared which is something that Russian players lacked in years past. Their coach was trying some funny stuff like not playing Malkin on the 1st unit PP. Lisin skates well enough to be center and may not be physical enough to play on the wall in North America. Always nice to have a skilled player that can skate and play both. He showed me more this year than last and I'm encouraged about his future.

hbk, always like to hear your impressions of prospects and players in general. Which players suprised you and played better than expected and which ones disappointed you. Not just limited to Yotes prospects obviously.

Honestly, I absolutely loved the play of Downie in the gold medal game. Without him and his play on Malkin, I think Russia wins gold. That being said will he be as effective in the NHL? Not sure, but you can bet the Flyers are happy. They have a habit of grabbing guys that I like.

I harped all night about how unfair that the Pens will have Crosby and Malkin and potentially a top 10 pick in this years draft. Toss in Fleury's name and you get a good ten minute rant about the issue.

Canada's true strength was Staal, Bourdon, and Parent. An elite 3 for that tournament who played extremely well. Parent is a coaches dream.

Dangers of drafting goalies: Toronto Maple Leafs. Tuuku Rask and Justin Pogge. Guess who the fans in Toronto will want to be the goalie of the future and who the scouts will want. In the end, someone is going to have to go because there isn't enough playing time for two star # 1 netminders. Ironically, you won't see a first rounder headed the other way so pressure will be to keep Rask. That's not going to go over well. I'm interested in seeing that play itself out. I guess it is a good problem to have.

From the first time I managed to watch Team USA I wondered out loud if anyone on that team passes the puck. Kessel especially. Man did his draft stock take a hit during this tournament. He's got tremendous skill though. There is no excuse for the performance of Team USA. It was brutal. How that can happen with the amount of time these guys have spent together is beyond me. Mueller will drop in the rankings as well. Eric Johnson is the #1 pick IMO. I actually really liked him and Jack Johnson a lot.

Toews had a good pre-tournament. He didn't bring me out of my seat though. He's got very good potential but I really wanted to see more out of him. Rod Brind'Amour - is that a good comparision? Really invisible at times but that could also be attributed to Sutter's system.

Backstrom and Bergfors from Sweden were excellent. Backstrom will be a top 10 pick for sure. Very exciting player.

Really didn't like the Finns. No offensive jam whatsoever. I was actually shocked they scored 4 on Team USA. I expected more from Tukonen. I was fearing a huge regret that we passed on him in 04.

Old
01-07-2006, 12:44 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
Eric Johnson is the #1 pick IMO.
hbk, just by curiosity, what would be your top five for the draft?

Old
01-07-2006, 01:06 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
hbk, just by curiosity, what would be your top five for the draft?

I'm far from an expert and this is off the top of my head.

1) Johnson
2) Kessel
3) Toews
4) Frolik
5) Staal

Would love to see a Staal in a Coyote uniform.

Old
01-07-2006, 01:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
Would love to see a Staal in a Coyote uniform.
I've got a gut feeling, and I've had it for a while now, that it will be Jesse Joensuu. He just seems like exactly the type of player that this team has been drafting. Eric Gryba, for the second round is my early hunch, as well. I don't know too much about these kids, but from what I understand, the words "big", "fast", and "project" come up alot. Seems right up our alley.

Old
01-08-2006, 10:59 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I've got a gut feeling, and I've had it for a while now, that it will be Jesse Joensuu. He just seems like exactly the type of player that this team has been drafting. Eric Gryba, for the second round is my early hunch, as well. I don't know too much about these kids, but from what I understand, the words "big", "fast", and "project" come up alot. Seems right up our alley.

Keep in mind it's not just size we seem to covet. Like the Oilers current plan we will be looking for speed as well. If Joensuu has good skating then he's a possibility. Depends where we finish I guess.

Phoenix will go for the high risk/high reward player. We desperately need another game breaker.

Old
01-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Prentice*

Losers,losers,losers.

4-2 to Columbus.
Does anyone have the latest excuse?

Old
01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
4-2 to Columbus.

why is this guy still allowed to troll? seriously, our team wins games and they lose games. that is life in the NHL. We were called to finish dead last in the freaking league by numerous "hockey experts" yet we stand today at .500. Tell you what when we win the next one can I ask you what the "excuse" was for the other team?

Old
01-08-2006, 09:32 PM
NewBreed19

vCash:
5-2 we are losers right now. Cujo sucks............................. trade him now please! We are going to continue to lose with him in goal. 16 or so shots five goals on Cujo. We had great pressure on the Jackets goalie but could not beat him, Doan ,Nagy,Nedved looked pretty good but that's the only postives.

Old
01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

We are 20-20-2. Did you expect this team to compete for the Stanley Cup? Find me a major publication that picked the Coyotes to finish the season at or above .500. Go ahead give it a shot. You're not going to find more than a couple, if any at all. If management can find a way to effectively cut some dead weight, and the players can find a way to rally together, this team could easily sneak into the playoffs.

Buddy, I'm sorry that the Coyotes eliminated your fantasy team on your Playstation from the playoffs. I feel really bad for you, but you didn't have to select the "save" option after the game was over. Now, can you please restart the season, so we don't have to read anymore of your trash? Thanks. Oh, and try not to run into any sharp objects. We'd all hate to see that happen.

Old
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
NewBreed19

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
We are 20-20-2. Did you expect this team to compete for the Stanley Cup? Find me a major publication that picked the Coyotes to finish the season at or above .500. Go ahead give it a shot. You're not going to find more than a couple, if any at all. If management can find a way to effectively cut some dead weight, and the players can find a way to rally together, this team could easily sneak into the playoffs.

Buddy, I'm sorry that the Coyotes eliminated your fantasy team on your Playstation from the playoffs. I feel really bad for you, but you didn't have to select the "save" option after the game was over. Now, can you please restart the season, so we don't have to read anymore of your trash? Thanks. Oh, and try not to run into any sharp objects. We'd all hate to see that happen.
Are you talking to me? So I don't like Cujo that much, what's it to you. There is no perfect team, but from what the coyotes have been bringing to the ice as of late;it's kinda scary. We need a little shake up and yes I think it needs to be in goal and a little change on defence , and maybe shed some dead weight on foward.
I'am allowed to give my opinions of what I think could help this team , you seem to give yours and you don't see me putting you down for this.

Old
01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBreed19
Are you talking to me? So I don't like Cujo that much, what's it to you. There is no perfect team, but from what the coyotes have been bringing to the ice as of late;it's kinda scary. We need a little shake up and yes I think it needs to be in goal and a little change on defence , and maybe shed some dead weight on foward.
I'am allowed to give my opinions of what I think could help this team , you seem to give yours and you don't see me putting you down for this.
He may have been talking to that Prentice guy.

Old
01-09-2006, 06:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBreed19
Are you talking to me?
Nope.

Old
01-09-2006, 06:24 PM
NewBreed19

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
Oh! I hope he wasn't talking to me, I have never insulted him. Although he might not like alot of what I have to say ;sometimes. I just say what I think , and I know that I'am not always right. That's why I'm not Barnett or the G.M(even though I wish I could be-It would be fun) getting rid of over paid , underachieving type players.

Old
01-09-2006, 06:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
bingo

Old
01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Little Wing

Send a message via Yahoo to Little Wing
Quote:
4-2 to Columbus.

BFD

What is your problem?

If you can't do any better PUT A CORK IN IT

Old
01-10-2006, 09:42 PM

Dallas adds Niinimaa for basically nothing, so they are getting stronger too. I still say that Dallas, Los Angeles and San Jose represent the Pacific in the playoffs.

Closed Thread