HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Kings UFA's

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
And I don't think we should lose any sleep if that happens. Brust and Fukufuji (or Munce or maybe Zaba) will be a fine tandem in Manchester if Hauser is gone. Fast and Clarke are fine talents... in the AHL. Hopefully Roussin can find his game and by next season fill the void on 2nd line LW. If not, I'm sure there are others who can step in.

And Kopitar will either be in Manchester or LA next season... and we'll see if the Kings will decide to sign Brian Boyle after his junior year and send him to Manchester, similar to what they did with Tambellini. The Monarchs could use some size, and they definitely could use some centers as well.
I think losing Hauser would bite us in the ***.

Old
01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
It could happen... if he turns out to be the next Manny Legace. Both have similar backgrounds, with their original team that drafted 'em not really giving them a good opportunity, and they both toiled around in the minors until an NHL club gave 'em a chance. Would be nice to give Hauser a look in one of these games against Boston or Buffalo, see what he can do in the pros.

At the minor-pro level though, I think the Kings have adequate depth between the pipes. Not sure if they are or will be as good as Hauser has been, but they are younger, and Hauser at this stage will more than likely be looking to join up with a team where he has an opportunity to at the very least be a backup. Unfortunately, with the one-way deal the Kings signed LaBarbera, Hauser will have to wait if he stuck around with the Kings.

The Kings also nearly lost Hauser last off-season, as he was looking to sign with a European team where he could have made more money.

Old
01-13-2006, 01:24 PM
SoundsGood

Any news on Bure?

Old
01-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Group VI category:

Noah Clarke
Brad Fast
Adam Hauser

will likely qualify for this category...
Clarke signed a two year deal in the offseason so he won't be a free agent this year. Link

Last edited by Sam: 01-13-2006 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Adding a link
Old
01-13-2006, 02:35 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Clarke signed a two year deal in the offseason so he won't be a free agent this year.
Cool...Thanks for the correction...

Old
01-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Tadite

Derek Armstrong, (III) Think we should keep him. He is a great 4th liner/fill in guy. Always plays with energy and AM seems to really like him.

Valeri Bure, (III) God only knows whats going to happen to him. Depends on if he can be back for the playoffs and do well. Low contract with lots of incentives at best. Most likely gone.

Joe Corvo, (III) Someone is going to throw alot of money at this guy (a-la Boucher, Modry). Only thing is that seems like half the star players in the league are UFA. Maybe that gives us a good chance at a resign? Never thought I would ever want to resign the guy... but he really has become a good NHL player.

Jeff Cowan, (III) Most likely gone. Lots of guys fighting for 4th liner spots on the Kings.

Nathan Dempsey, (III) Don't know depends on what happens with Grebs. If Grebs takes his spot then its going to be either Dempsey who is gone or Weaver. Lots of better UFA FA out there this year. Think we are going to spend alot of money on defense in the off-seaons.

Mattias Norstrom, (III) I bet we resign him. He is a real cornerstone.

Luc Robitaille, (III) Retired? Still with the Kings either way though.

Jeremy Roenick, (III) Gone? Either way he is not going to make near as much as he does this year. Depends on if he really likes tha LA livestyle.

Mike Weaver, (III) See Dempsey. Lots of better d-men opinions on the market this off-season.

So I bet we keep 2 guys at most. My guess is Armstrong and Matty. With Corvo being the next guy who could be resigned.

Note: I don't see any of the major prospects being ready for the Kings next year. So no Koptar, Tam, or Tuk. They all need another year or so in the minors.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:53 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

if dempsey is already being played being played so reluctantly this year, i cant see the Kings resigning him again...

i agree that Army is a good guy to have around...but could easily see him as someone the Kings sees as expendable

Old
01-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Osprey

As for Corvo, he's good value at $668K, but no thanks if demand pushes his asking price up more than double.

Tadite, I agree with just about all of what you said except for the last bit. Kopitar would've made the team this season, so I see no reason to doubt that he'd make it next season. I'm sure that he'll start the season with the Kings, ready or not. If he's not ready, he may be sent down, but even Brown was kept with the big club in his first season despite struggling. I think that chances are that Kopitar will never even sniff the minors.

Old
01-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Sybil227

Agree with Osprey about Corvo - except that he was a asking just a bit more than we were offering, I'd be willing to offer some extra incentives to his contract to keep him. He's really improved this year, and I'd rather keep him.

Also agree that Kopitar will likely be with the big club, and Tambellini. I don't think Tambellini is going to have anything more to learn or prove in the AHL next season. Luc is probably retiring, and Tambellini is likely stepping into that spot. Even if Luc sticks around next season, I expect he'll split time with Jeff. It'll be time for Jeff to start playing at the NHL level.

Old
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
Agree with Osprey about Corvo - except that he was a asking just a bit more than we were offering, I'd be willing to offer some extra incentives to his contract to keep him. He's really improved this year, and I'd rather keep him.

Also agree that Kopitar will likely be with the big club, and Tambellini. I don't think Tambellini is going to have anything more to learn or prove in the AHL next season. Luc is probably retiring, and Tambellini is likely stepping into that spot. Even if Luc sticks around next season, I expect he'll split time with Jeff. It'll be time for Jeff to start playing at the NHL level.

I don't really understand this Kopitar thing. Sure he is a great prospect. And yes he seems to be developing a fast rate. I just never assume that a 19 year old kid should be writen into the 2nd line position (if we lose JR).

I think its a big assumption that he is both ready and that he is going to both beat out the other good prospects (Tambellini) as well as beat out the possible UFA. There is an amazing amount of talent on the market and we are freeing up a whole heck of alot of money.

Corvo is worth 1 Million in this new age of the salary cap. No more 3 Million muli-year deals for 3rd d-men.

Old
01-13-2006, 08:18 PM
ILuvLA

Based on some of the other trades that have gone down this year, I would think that Samsonov wouldn't cost us Tukonen or other such high prospects. Anyone else concur?

Old
01-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Based on some of the other trades that have gone down this year, I would think that Samsonov wouldn't cost us Tukonen or other such high prospects. Anyone else concur?

No question. Isn't he a UFA? No one in the world would give up a top prospect AND a pick for a rental player.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I see Kopitar, Tambellini, and Grebeshkov making the team out of camp. And Giuliano, Kanko, and Ryan fighting for spots. Basically it's all going to come down to who we sign.

Old
01-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Osprey

I kinda doubt that Tambellini will make the Kings out of camp. He just looked too green to me when he was up with the Kings. I just get the feeling that he may need another season in Manchester or, at least, half a season. I suspect that next year will be to Tambellini what last year was to Cammalleri.

Old
01-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Maybe. But with Garon a King I don't really care about goalies anymore. Its nice to know that we FINNALY have a chance of a real franchise goalie.

Old
01-14-2006, 06:26 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I see Kopitar, Tambellini, and Grebeshkov making the team out of camp. And Giuliano, Kanko, and Ryan fighting for spots. Basically it's all going to come down to who we sign.
Kopitar is more likely to start in Manchester next year. Giuliano will probably be looking for more permanent living arrangements in L.A. when they return from this road trip...

Old
01-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Reaper45

Like I said a long time ago, Giuliano is the new Brad Chartrand.

Old
01-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Like I said a long time ago, Giuliano is the new Brad Chartrand.
Thats ok. Every team needs the spunking high energy guy on the 4th line.

Old
01-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
Thats ok. Every team needs the spunking high energy guy on the 4th line.
I agree. I always liked Chartrand.

Old
01-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Reaper45

Derek Armstrong, (III)
Valeri Bure, (III)
Joe Corvo, (III)
Jeff Cowan, (III)
Nathan Dempsey, (III)
Mattias Norstrom, (III)
Luc Robitaille, (III)
Jeremy Roenick, (III)
Brad Smyth, (III) - Manchester
Mike Weaver, (III)
Noah Clarke, (IV) - Manchester
Brad Fast, (IV) - Manchester
Adam Hauser, (IV) - Manchester
Ken Belanger, (III) - Retired
Trent Klatt, (III) - Retired

Armstrong- $760,000
Bure- $1,500,000
Corvo- $668,800
Cowan- $532,000
Dempsey- $874,000
Norstrom- $2,660,000
Robitaille- $1,000,000
Roenick- $4,940,000
Smyth- ???
Weaver- ???
Clarke- ???
Fast- ???
Hauser- ???

I'm too lazy to see how much the guys in Manchester signed for. Am I missing anyone who'd be coming off the books at season's end? That seems to be quite a bit of money to improve the team....

Old
01-22-2006, 07:26 AM
kingsforever

listening to the senators pre-game before the leafs, garry galley from the team 1200 was talking about how norstrom will probably leave LA after the season, not a big fan of andy murray apparently

Old
01-22-2006, 07:44 AM
King Blazer

Reaper, I was wrong in a previous post about Clarke, he signed a 2-year deal last August according to the Monarchs web site (www.monarchshockey.com/fullstory.php?id=1710) so he'll have another year. I think I saw him listed at $450,000 during his recall...

Weaver = $450,000
I thought I saw Hauser listed at $450,000 on his last recall...
I can't imagine Fast is more than $450,000...

Smyth is unknown and we won't see him in the NHL this season...

Old
01-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Reaper45

Updated:

Derek Armstrong, (III)
Valeri Bure, (III)
Joe Corvo, (III)
Jeff Cowan, (III)
Nathan Dempsey, (III)
Mattias Norstrom, (III)
Luc Robitaille, (III)
Jeremy Roenick, (III)
Brad Smyth, (III) - Manchester
Mike Weaver, (III)
Brad Fast, (IV) - Manchester
Adam Hauser, (IV) - Manchester
Ken Belanger, (III) - Retired
Trent Klatt, (III) - Retired

Armstrong- $760,000
Bure- $1,500,000
Corvo- $668,800
Cowan- $532,000
Dempsey- $874,000
Norstrom- $2,660,000
Robitaille- $1,000,000
Roenick- $4,940,000
Smyth- $450,000 (I'm guessing here.)
Weaver- $450,000
Fast- $450,000
Hauser- $450,000

If I did my math correctly, we'll possibly have up to $14,734,800 freed up.

Old
01-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsandsensfan
listening to the senators pre-game before the leafs, garry galley from the team 1200 was talking about how norstrom will probably leave LA after the season, not a big fan of andy murray apparently
That's not surprising. He wouldn't be the first. AM endears himself to the unskilled and green and upsets the skilled and veteran; it's what he does best. If Norstrom doesn't reconsider his future with the team, then I hope that DT reconsiders AM's.

Old
01-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
That's not surprising. He wouldn't be the first. AM endears himself to the unskilled and green and upsets the skilled and veteran; it's what he does best. If Norstrom doesn't reconsider his future with the team, then I hope that DT reconsiders AM's.

That's BS.

No one has ever said Matty has a problem with either the Kings or AM.

This is just some guy making crap up.

Closed Thread