HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hainsey scratch for Bouillon in tonights game.

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Crusher20

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Hainsey scratch for Bouillon in tonights game.

i dont like that move what so ever.. why??? Hainsey as been playing well..

anyway... any toughts?

www.rds.ca

Old
10-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Joe Malone

Bouillion is more physical?

Old
10-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Kirk Muller

My guess is this is simply to keep Bouillon in game shape and mentally ready if and when called on again. I don't think its a big deal at all.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Bouillion is more physical?
Hainsey as more potential and as been playing with confidence lately, so i dont see any reason for this change.. also Hainsey is 6'3" 210 lbs.. Bouillon 5'8" 190

Old
10-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
Hainsey as more potential and as been playing with confidence lately, so i dont see any reason for this change.. also Hainsey is 6'3" 210 lbs.. Bouillon 5'8" 190
i agree with you. i think Bouillon has always played well against the Leafs (correct me if i'm wrong), but the team has been winning and things appeared to be going well for Hainsey, so why mess with success?

Old
10-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Go Habs Go

Maybe they think Bouillon will be hungry and eager to play hard so he can stay on. Eitherway, hopefully he'll play really well so they can showcase him and eventually trade him.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:08 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Many reasons can explain this move by the Canadiens coaching staff. Perhaps they felt they needed more defensively responsible guys, and Bouillon responds well to this criteria. While Hainsey has shown good things in the games he's played up to now this season, he has made quite a few rookie mistakes, and instead of improving every game, he was more and more invisible. I think it's a good decision... as Julien will get to know if Bouillon can bring more to the game than Ronner did in the 4 previous games.

You can't go any wrong with Bouillon; he has always responded pretty well when given the opportunity. He'll be very determinated to show the coaching staff what he can do.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Marksman

Bouillon has been sitting four games now for no reason other than numbers game. Its his time to have some fun for a change, let him feel being part of the circulation. Hainsey has been earning his place with the team but he doesnt have to play every single game, its a long season.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Garnet

boullion

I agree with Markman that this is just to get Boullion a game here and there. Boulion and brisebois paired together might be a little much for me.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=20686

Bouillon move more quickly, bring a better transition actually!
Bouillon's quicker, but not faster. He also makes boneheaded passes, but does jump into the play nicely at times.

Overall I would say Hainsey brings a far superior transition game and is even more reliable than Bouillon defensively.

I can understand this move, but I don't like it. Hainsey's playing with confidence and has been playing well, as opposed to players such as Rivet and Quintal who have struggled. I don't see any reason to mess with a young player's game when he's playing well.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:30 AM
habsfansam

it can't be a bad idea to pull hainsey for one game when things are going well to get him a different perspective on the NHL game... the number of times i've heard from injured NHL defensemen that they learned to think teh NHL game while injured is pretty large. Maybe Julien is trying to let him play and give him time to learn too... also good to keep a young guy rested... once a younger player gets tired, their play drops off; we're playing lots of games right now with little rest in between.

Also, Bouillon needs some play time and the rest of the D are largely vets.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
Hainsey has more potential, Bouillion has more experience. As for the size issue.....it isn't really an issue. At 5'8", Bouillion still plays a more physical game than Hainsey. The Bouillion Cube plays a hard hitting game, and backs down from no one.

I'm not down on Hainsey, he'll be a star in the future, but tonight we'll need a more physical game than he's shown us. I've watched two of the Leaf games this year, (forgive me, my son's a leaf fan... ), and believe me, they'll be hitting tonight. Hitting early, and hitting hard.

Three predictions for tonight's game:

The Cube delivers a couple of thundering hits.
Jason Ward plays very well.
The Buds complain about every penalty they get. :p

Old
10-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
well .. at least it's a upgrade over Traverse

Old
10-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=20686

Bouillon move more quickly, bring a better transition actually!
Actually, I disagree. I think Hainsey has a better transition game, in that he sees the ice better and can make elegant cross-ice passes.

On the other hand, Bouillon has a better sense of the pace of the game, and makes quicker decisions with the puck, even though he still has a tendency to get caught out of position from trying to impress too much.

But Bouillon doesn't have the imagination of Hainsey, who has nevertheless improved a lot at making the safe, quick decision with the puck -- putting it off the boards rather than always looking for the breakaway pass up the middle.

I suspect that this is a question of loyalty on the part of Julien: the message that he will reward those who are willing to play his system and willing to accept their role. But Hainsey is far more talented than Bouillon. Once Hainsey completely adjusts to the pace of the NHL, Bouillon will have to hope for injuries in order to play a regular shift.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:20 PM
caper13

that sucks big time the forth line of the laffs are going to kill us tonight where is langdon because sourey will be a busy man tonight i smell injurys ..but i hope the laffs penilize themselfes out of the game.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Hainsey did'nt play a nice game against the Pens, he was our weaker defenseman with Quintal IMO... He was too slow to react.. he was too often droping the puck along the board instead being in movement and being more creative with the puck...

Hainsey is overall more talended and will become a better defenseman no doubt, but Bouillon is quicker, faster and is a better fit in the actual line-up IMO... We need a quick and fast skater like Bouillon at defense to penetrate the neutral zone at full speed sometime! Bouillon also bring more energy and intensity, he is the kind of guy that can change the momentum with a spectacular body check!

Great decision by Julien!
Yeah, it's interesting: Hainsey played himself out of the line-up by trying to be too conservative rather than exploiting his natural skill and talents. Bouillon, on the other hand, usually plays himself out of the line-up when he tries to do too much to impress his coach.

Hainsey, it seems, is played timidly so as not get taken out of the line-up, whereas Bouillon usually plays too aggressively in order to remain in the line-up.

Healthy comptetition can't hurt, although I would rather have seen Quintal sit, as Hainsey has on the whole played pretty well, if a little too cautiously.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Disco Volante

Quote:
Hainsey did'nt play a nice game against the Pens, he was our weaker defenseman with Quintal IMO...
That's what bugs me, Quintal has been by far the weaker D in the four games. Maybe his "physical play" (read : giveaways) is the reason he stays in over Hainsey, probably his veteran state.

But I'm not against resting Hainsey for a game here and there, it will keep him motivated - as long as it isn't a permanent change.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:16 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

galz, open your eyes. He's a real sissy and can't play defense (Hainsey). Why do you want him in the line-up? He gives you wicked hard ons. You're gay!

Old
10-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
galz, open your eyes. He's a real sissy and can't play defense (Hainsey). Why do you want him in the line-up? He gives you wicked hard ons. You're gay!
Hmmm. Maybe we are gay, and maybe we want him in the line-up because of the way he has been playing defense -- you know taking the body, playing sound positional hockey, and of course his lovely stickhandling.

Yup, I guess you're right. We watch hockey because we're gay, not because we're hockey fans.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Estimated_Prophet

As much as I prefer to see Hainsey in the lineup, I think I understand Julien's decision. There are alot of players on this team who are a little lazy and not very intense. I think Julien smells a stinker effort coming from his team tonight and this move was a pre-emptive measure to jolt some life and enthusiasm into a team who may be willing to sit on their recent accomplishments for a game or two.

Hainsey has a history of motivational problems and this will simply be one less person for Julien to have to worry whether or not he will show up to play tonight. That leaves Perreault, Audette, Hossa, and Ribeiro as wild cards for tonights game. Personally I would consider moving Langdon into the lineup for tonights game (if he is healthy enough) and bump Hossa out for a game with Ward moving into his spot and Langdon into Ward's spot on the 4th line.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Agree, Hainsey has on the whole played great for a young 21 year old men... He is still very young and really does'nt look out of place, he is definitively a lock for the years to come!

Hainsey will be 23 in about 4 months. But that's still young for sure.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c

Please keep your sexual hopes and dreams to yourself. This kind of post is uncalled for and not needed, unless your looking to get banned of course!

Old
10-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Uber Coca

Good

Old
10-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Disco Volante

I wouldn't have mind Hainsey's offensive abilities tonight... still 1-0 for the Leafs after 2.

Closed Thread