HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers - Canucks Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
Flyers - Canucks Proposal

What would the Flyers offer Vancouver for Naslund?

Old
01-05-2006, 04:20 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
This belongs in the Trade Rumours/Proposals board.

Old
01-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Steve L*

It would never work, Van would want Pitkanen, Carter, Richards and the Flyers could only offload someone with a simlar salary to Naslund.

Old
01-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Nacho
Special

Bertuzzi is a better fit to our needs here anyhow...

Old
01-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho
Bertuzzi is a better fit to our needs here anyhow...
Tuzzi or Sami Salo, either one would fit me. The only complaint I can find against signing Bertuzzi is his pretty heavy contract that doesn't expire this year, otherwise I would consider it aslong as it didn't mean parting with our young players.

Old
01-05-2006, 01:05 PM
MojoJojo

How about Brashear and Umberger?

Old
01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
pfoppa21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Tuzzi or Sami Salo, either one would fit me. The only complaint I can find against signing Bertuzzi is his pretty heavy contract that doesn't expire this year, otherwise I would consider it aslong as it didn't mean parting with our young players.
For Bertuzzi: Brashear, Ellison, Radivojevicic, and a second round pick.

Old
01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
It would never work, Van would want Pitkanen, Carter, Richards and the Flyers could only offload someone with a simlar salary to Naslund.
Yes, I was thinking myself along the lines of Pitkanen and one or either Richards or Carter plus an older D or F with enough salary to make up the difference. Naslund would be very unhappy being traded out of Vancouver & I could see only two teams that have players he would like to play with and would accept the trade attitude wise: The Flyers or the Leafs or in other words Foresberg or Sundin and Naslund ith either of those two would form a line that would be able to compete with Ottawa's supremacy. There may be a lot of childish comments knocking Naslund's abilities on HF lately, but he is still a star player in this league.

The lack of production of the Canucks lately is due to injury & lack of replacement depth especially in goal & on defense at this time, not the fault of the Canuck's top two lines. The Canucks game flows out from their very mobile, offensive minded defense & that is hurting right now as is goal. Without the defense being in the play, teams can shut down the Canucks by active forechecking. Despite the opinions of some about Cloutier, without Cloutier's ability to stay focused for long periods of inactivity & then handle frantic activity on counter attacks, the Canucks aren't able to have their goalie hold them in the game until the offense can overcome the forechecking. I see an opportunity now to trade off some of our better older players, especially to eastern teams, in order to restock our team and our farm with draft picks & mid aged (23 to 28) quality players who haven't yet reached their potential & so will not be as useful to a team making a cup run as players like Naslund, Morrison, Jovo & Salo. It would mean no cup run for the Canucks this year, but would mean a very compeditive Canucks team for years to come. Unless a trade was just too good to pass up, I'd like to keep Ohlund, Allen, Bertuzzi, Cooke & Ruutu as the core to build the new Canucks around.

Old
01-05-2006, 03:27 PM
mercury

We're fine on the scoring. Salo or Allen, maybe.

Old
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman
Yes, I was thinking myself along the lines of Pitkanen and one or either Richards or Carter plus an older D or F with enough salary to make up the difference.
I'm sorry, but . If you think you'll get a 22 year old future Norris trophy winner for a guy who probably has a couple of seasons left in the NHL, you're very sadly mistaken. Adding Richards or Carter and another player just makes it even more laughable.

Old
01-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
We're fine on the scoring.
I don't know, we have had too many overtimes and 1 goal wins/losses in the later part of the season...

Old
01-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho
I don't know, we have had too many overtimes and 1 goal wins/losses in the later part of the season...
That's more a function of our defense at the moment, than our offense. Pitkanen will solve our problems defensively and offensively when he returns in two weeks.

Old
01-05-2006, 04:32 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf
I'm sorry, but . If you think you'll get a 22 year old future Norris trophy winner for a guy who probably has a couple of seasons left in the NHL, you're very sadly mistaken. Adding Richards or Carter and another player just makes it even more laughable.
I'd say his estimation of Naslund's value is pretty much right on. He only asked.

I think what mercury mentioned more accurately meets what this club would look for right now, but I don't think they'll find it in Vancouver unless this recent slump they're in turns really, really, really bad and it looks like the season's lost. Very unlikely. This is just a slump. They need a goaltender, which means the only guy they would have interest in here would be Esche, and if I ran the front office there, I'd go after Biron first.

Closed Thread