HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Avalounge's Official Game of Thrones Thread WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

Old
06-14-2016, 02:17 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

vCash: 400
Also loved Bronn and Podwick <3...he's easily my favourite side character. One of the few characters that's 100% pure.

Also liked Tyrion joke scene with captain serious and the cute mixed girl.

Whoops, I probably should've combined my posts.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2016, 11:24 AM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Arya is BACK!!

I loved that episode...well the ending anyway. I understand why they didn't show Arya's fight as it was in the dark the only way she could've won. Have no idea what the whole point of it was but glad it's over. She didn't become the badass we wanted though. Does she ever become one in the book?

Not sure why they didn't show the blackfish fight (maybe he's not dead?)

Jamie is a pos and will always be a pos...like every Lannister(except for the imp) funny how that works out. Hopefully, the bald dude dies soon. Can't stand his face.

Question, what's clenganbowl? As well LSH?
Cleganebowl is just the internet's way of talking about a potential fight between The Mountain and The Hound. Many thought it would happen during the trial by combat, but Tommen killed that hype. Both are still alive so the potential is still there.

LSH is a book only character and I wouldn't look it up if I was someone who didn't know. That's all I'm going to say since she could potentially still happen

ASmileyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2016, 02:52 PM
The Shermanator
Custom User Title

Last epsiode basically killed the LSH dream actually.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2016, 03:18 PM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Last epsiode basically killed the LSH dream actually.
Yeah I know. But what is hype may never die.

Old
06-14-2016, 03:38 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
It's like an entire season of build up to nothing actually happening, and having Blackfish killed off camera was lame.

Some of the past seasons I almost felt like they didn't need 10 episodes, this one I feel like they'll end up jamming way too much into 10 episodes.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2016, 03:55 PM
agentblack

Finally caught up.
I loved the ending
Im Arya Stark b**ch!

agentblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2016, 06:40 PM
The Shermanator
Custom User Title

Sunday night by the numbers...

600 crew members
500 extras
70 horses
25 stunt men and women
4 camera crews
160 tons of gravel
10M US$

Old
06-18-2016, 08:42 PM
hockeyfish

I've been puppy sitting for my sister this week. And they have HBO. So, I think I may watch my 1st ever Game of Thrones tonight. I never thought I'd say this, but I must go now and prepare myself for the floppy wieners.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I keep thinking about Arya drinking the Milk of the Poppy. Any significance there?

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2016, 12:49 AM
The Shermanator
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I keep thinking about Arya drinking the Milk of the Poppy. Any significance there?
That's what knocked her out cold for *unknown* amount of time in order to heal enough to believably be able to jump off buildings, run, slide on her stomach, and fight and kill the waif.

Old
06-19-2016, 09:48 PM
The Shermanator
Custom User Title

Good.

Old
06-19-2016, 10:48 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
this was the episode that finally got the ball rolling

one more episode this year? Is that right?

Arya, Dany, and everyone else seems to be heading for the same place

Waiting to see how Bran fits into all this.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2016, 11:22 PM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

As soon as Ramsey didn't take direct part in the battle I knew that he was going to be fed to the hounds.

Great episode. The SnowBowl was everything I wanted (RIP Rickon, was hoping he'd live). Daenerys had her best scenes since season 2. Drogon is looking awesome and Tyrion is still amazing when put around characters that aren't former slaves.

Can't believe there is only one episode left in this season. Something crazy is going to happen in the Sept and my bet is wildfire.

Old
06-19-2016, 11:42 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
I'm REALLY disliking what they've done with Sansa this season. All her "bravado" seems so forced. I have no problem with strong female characters (I think Dany, Arya, and Brienne are strong females; Cersei too--but in a more twisted way)...but it feels like they're trying to "force" Sansa into being strong. I mean, what reason was there to keep the knowledge of the Knights of the Vale from Jon? And the preview for next week seemed odd.

She begs Jon, and manipulates him using Rickon, to go fight for Winterfell, and she goes with him to all those Houses when it came to recruiting, so she saw what they had, and STILL withheld the Vale army from Jon...and then *****es and moans that "their army isn't big enough"? Again, it seems like they're trying to force a more hardened Sansa, when there was plenty of time to make her that way (look at what they did with Arya from the 1st season until now...we may not like entirely all of her storylines, but she's definitely changed--and it seemed more organic).

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 12:59 AM
The Merchant
Whaddaya buyin'?

She's arguably survived through more horrible **** than anyone else in the show and gained first-hand knowledge of how to play the game from the people that play it the best. Her character evolution isn't forced...it's natural and a welcome change to the atypical Stark dichotomy.

The Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 01:11 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

I think I threw a haymaker at the TV when Jon was feeding Ramsey left and rights.

This show is really for the sadists...the way Baby Stark died, gave the viewers false hope only to take it away with an arrow straight through the heart just before grabbing Jon. Disgusting and saddest part since red wedding. (Hodor right up there)

Kinda wanted Jon to finish it off on the ground but I liked that he stopped when he saw Sansa. I thought he was gonna let her finish the job but feeding him to the hounds was hilarious. Glad he got what he deserved. Although Ghost would've been just as good.

Dany was finally great...like Smiley said her best since season 2. Finally no more stupid speeches. Question why is one dragon bigger than the rest? Speaking of Dragons, I find it weird that when they were growing up they acted out and then all of a sudden she has them purring. Never really showed how she tamed them. Thinking about how could she? She chained them up and left them...yet when Dany came back they all fell in line?

Mel is gonna eat it from Davos next. I'm going to assume that miniature horse he found is connected to Stannis died daughter... Hopefully she's next.

I think the reason Sansa didn't tell Jon about Littlefingers men is because she had no plan on using them. She wants nothing to do with that ****boy... but was backed in a corner knowing her bother will lose and probably die. The enemy of my enemy sorta thing occurred. I just hope she didn't cut a deal to marry him or something and their forced alliance is short term before he bites the dust...hopefully the way Joffery died. All in all Sansa was fantastic in this episode and hope people get off her case.

This was probably the best episode of GOT too. SO much crap happened and the biggest Stark win to date.

Old
06-20-2016, 01:32 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Drogon is bigger then the other two because he's been out and about eating whenever he wants while the other two were stuck in the dingy crypt. Like Tyrion or someone said, dragons that are chained stall in growth compared to those that roam free. Still a little iffy on why Drogon is suddenly all tame for Dany but the other two follow his lead for the most part. So if Drogon is loyal to Dany then the other two will be loyal as well.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 01:37 AM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merchant View Post
She's arguably survived through more horrible **** than anyone else in the show and gained first-hand knowledge of how to play the game from the people that play it the best. Her character evolution isn't forced...it's natural and a welcome change to the atypical Stark dichotomy.
Just this season she was begging Jon to take back Winterfell, to go get Rickon, then in this episode it's "We can't go now, we'll lose, and Rickon is already dead". I think that was...6 episodes between those two things. And she played Jon, for no apparent reason. Jon wanted to just go live his life, and she played on his familial feelings. Maybe she didn't WANT to use the Vale, but why hide that you've asked for help? Why keep that from him? It didn't make sense to not tell Jon about her initial meeting with LF, and it didn't make sense to hide the info that she had sent a raven to seek assistance (at least it didn't to me, maybe I need to re-examine it)

I understand that she's gone through a whole lot, and agree that it SHOULD change someone, but I think they shoehorned it in these last couple of episodes.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 07:12 AM
Bubba Thudd
Spinach Balls!

vCash: 6200
The critical question is:

What happened to Lady Lyanna Mormont? Is she OK???

Old
06-20-2016, 07:21 AM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

Well that was just awesome TV. Yes, it was a little predictable...we all knew the Vale would ride in to save the day and the moment they did it was somewhat cheesy in the LOTR sense...but for me it doesn't make the battle any less awesome. What I love most were the dirty, suffocating confusion shots...some of the best and grittiest battle scenes I've ever seen...TV or film. Captures the chaos and helplessness so well.

Sansa is in deep playing the game at this point so nothing she does surprises me. She was never likeable...I felt great sympathy for her but she's selfish and always has been and now that she's gained experience playing the game and has been molded by being essentially the prisoner of the series' two most sadistic characters - I suspect she will do damn near anything to accomplish whatever her goals are. And that's fine with me...Jon has the moral hero angle well-covered. This show has a lot of "woman power" and it shows they can be every bit as powerful, cunning and cruel as their male counterparts.

Can't wait for Dany to cross the ocean, although I suspect that will be next season. I also suspect a huge naval battle scene between Dany and Euron at some point...it'll give the cinematographers a new type of epic battle to film. Plus - I just cannot imagine Dany having her whole host intact when she reaches Westeros - because if she did, she would be too unstoppable.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 07:33 AM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

And while part of me thinks Sansa basically let Rickon die (a sacrifice it was made clear prior to the battle she was willing to make)...we also don't know the terms of Baelish and his Vale army's involvement. Peter has every reason to let Jon expend all his forces before getting fm involved.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 08:45 AM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

If I was Littlefinger I'd be pretty happy with the outcome of that battle. If his end goal was to ride into a weakened north and save the Starks he succeeded. Nearly every northern house is completely depleted of men and now he has the army that Sansa has to rely on. Rickon dying was great for Littlefinger because a true born Stark boy is the rightful heir Winterfell.

Littlefinger controls the north now in a way. I see him quickly becoming a villain as his attention will turn south while Jon looks to the greater threat north.

Looking forward to the wedding next week. Let us all hope Walder Frey sees the pointy end of a knife.

Old
06-20-2016, 09:49 AM
ArWKo

vCash: 620
I'm gonna be honest, the further and further along that battle went, the more I thought they might actually just let them all die and I would have been pretty pissed but mostly not surprised.

Getting to see Ramsey crushed was totally worth it though. They definitely telegraphed Rickon being killed but I sort of expected it anyway so not much surprise there either.

ArWKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Bubba Thudd
Spinach Balls!

vCash: 6200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
If I was Littlefinger I'd be pretty happy with the outcome of that battle. If his end goal was to ride into a weakened north and save the Starks he succeeded. Nearly every northern house is completely depleted of men and now he has the army that Sansa has to rely on. Rickon dying was great for Littlefinger because a true born Stark boy is the rightful heir Winterfell.

Littlefinger controls the north now in a way. I see him quickly becoming a villain as his attention will turn south while Jon looks to the greater threat north.

Looking forward to the wedding next week. Let us all hope Walder Frey sees the pointy end of a knife.
wedding?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Again Sansa didn't tell Jon about LF because she had no plan in using him until she figured they have no other choice...I suspect right after her last convo with him. Considering in the end she saves the day, I doubt Jon gives a crap. Any other person(other than Sansa) and nobody would have an issue with it.