HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Avalounge's Official Game of Thrones Thread WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

Old
06-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Again Sansa didn't tell Jon about LF because she had no plan in using him until she figured they have no other choice...I suspect right after her last convo with him. Considering in the end she saves the day, I doubt Jon gives a crap. Any other person(other than Sansa) and nobody would have an issue with it.
Why though? Because she had some sort of deal with Littlefinger that she didn't want to have to go through with?

If she knew the Vale was coming - did she not needlessly put Jon in grave danger? Jon is only alive because of luck. It's like she was basically begging him to postpone the attack the days and the night before because she knew help was coming but she purposefully only talked in vagaries - she certainly didn't give Jon all the info she had.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 10:48 AM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Again Sansa didn't tell Jon about LF because she had no plan in using him until she figured they have no other choice...I suspect right after her last convo with him. Considering in the end she saves the day, I doubt Jon gives a crap. Any other person(other than Sansa) and nobody would have an issue with it.
Patently untrue.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 10:53 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
Why though? Because she had some sort of deal with Littlefinger that she didn't want to have to go through with?

If she knew the Vale was coming - did she not needlessly put Jon in grave danger? Jon is only alive because of luck. It's like she was basically begging him to postpone the attack the days and the night before because she knew help was coming but she purposefully only talked in vagaries - she certainly didn't give Jon all the info she had.
Possibly or the fact that he used to get what he wants? She even says I want nothing to do with you and if you come back I'll cut your throat...or something similar. I'm thinking he asked for her hand in marriage but that's just speculation and something I expect GOT to do. I hope Sansa is playing LF but it's more likely the other way round.

Again, I believe she had no plan in using him. The night before battle was not to delay the fight but to warn Snow from falling into Ramsey's trap(which he did)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Patently untrue.
To you but those guys on the main board...I think it's pretty obvious.

One thing that didn't sit right with me yesterday, was why the **** did Ramsey not take his free shot on Snow instead of the giant who was on his last breath?

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 11:00 AM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Possibly or the fact that he used to get what he wants? She even says I want nothing to do with you and if you come back I'll cut your throat...or something similar. I'm thinking he asked for her hand in marriage but that's just speculation and something I expect GOT to do. I hope Sansa is playing LF but it's more likely the other way round.

Again, I believe she had no plan in using him. The night before battle was not to delay the fight but to warn Snow from falling into Ramsey's trap(which he did)

One thing that didn't sit right with me yesterday, was why the **** did Ramsey not take his free shot on Snow instead of the giant who was on his last breath?
I think we could see that Wun Wun was dying, but perhaps Ramsey, someone who we may assume has never encountered a giant before, was scared and intimidated by the thing that just beat through their main gate. Perhaps he feared that unless he received a kill-shot, that Wun Wun could still have strength to do some damage.

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 11:21 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think he figured he could still easily kill Jon, as he then tried to do. And it's a giant who just forced his way into the castle.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 11:48 AM
ArWKo

vCash: 620
I think it's also the arrogance of Ramsey that he really wanted to make a show of killing Jon which he wouldn't have done if he'd just shot him right there. Would have been the smart thing to do, but Ramsey wasn't every really the smartest guy.

ArWKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 12:15 PM
GrahamCracker

vCash: 618
Ramsey was arrogant to the end. Just wanted to play another game with Jon

GrahamCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 01:15 PM
The Kingslayer

That shot of Jon from behind as the cavalry was charging towards him was so awesome. BTW, I dont recall seeing Karstark get killed. Umber got bitten and then stabbed in the face by Giantsbane but I dont recall seeing Karstark get shanked.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 01:54 PM
The Shermanator
Custom User Title

One way I interpreted Sansa not telling Jon about the Knights of the Vale was the element of surprise. If Jon didn't know then there's no way Ramsay would find out. I think if Ramsay knew Jon had X amount of knights on the way he would have planned differently. Maybe he wouldn't have fought in the field at all. So Sansa was willing to risk a lot of men, even Jon himself, in order to have that Gandalf moment and surprise Ramsay. Ooooor maybe she just didn't want to cause she didn't want to.

And whyyyyy didn't Rickon zig zag!!!! Zig zag!!!!!

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 01:57 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
One way I interpreted Sansa not telling Jon about the Knights of the Vale was the element of surprise. If Jon didn't know then there's no way Ramsay would find out. I think if Ramsay knew Jon had X amount of knights on the way he would have planned differently. Maybe he wouldn't have fought in the field at all. So Sansa was willing to risk a lot of men, even Jon himself, in order to have that Gandalf moment and surprise Ramsay. Ooooor maybe she just didn't want to cause she didn't want to.

And whyyyyy didn't Rickon zig zag!!!! Zig zag!!!!!
No kidding lol. I kept yelling "Zig Zag, stop drop and roll, start doing the dougie do something instead of running in a straight ****in line" Then I remembered he was a Stark and Starks die so...

Old
06-20-2016, 02:02 PM
GrahamCracker

I thought the same, but if Rickon did that, Ramsey probably would just have his archers shoot him down

Old
06-20-2016, 02:26 PM
GrahamCracker

I'm still disappointed in how useless Rickon was. Every other stark did something

Old
06-20-2016, 02:28 PM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
That shot of Jon from behind as the cavalry was charging towards him was so awesome. BTW, I dont recall seeing Karstark get killed. Umber got bitten and then stabbed in the face by Giantsbane but I dont recall seeing Karstark get shanked.
The whole battle was just shot so well. Going from the calm shot of Jon drawing his sword with the calvary about to hit him to the chaos of battle was incredible. That battle was one of the most amazing things to ever air on television.

ASmileyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 03:58 PM
The Shermanator
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamCracker View Post
I'm still disappointed in how useless Rickon was. Every other stark did something
Well in his defence we he's like 4.

Last edited by The Shermanator: 06-20-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old
06-20-2016, 10:37 PM
The Kingslayer

Just rewatched it....how come nobody thought to make the giant a weapon? Hell even if he had a long ass stick he would have been able to break the Bolton line.

Old
06-20-2016, 10:49 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Just rewatched it....how come nobody thought to make the giant a weapon? Hell even if he had a long ass stick he would have been able to break the Bolton line.
I always wonder why Dany hasn't flown over to Westeros to even scout a little. Heck she could fly over anytime and negotiate with anyone for ships. TV can't be perfect.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2016, 11:00 PM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

Quote:
Because what good would a giant with a weapon be when you have the knights of the Vale coming to save the day? /s

It's honestly a biggest plot hole from last night for me. Give the giant (who is worth hundreds of men) a god damn weapon or some wooden body armor at least. The Bolton in-circlement strategy wouldn't work at all if Wun-wun had been equipped with a tree or something. Hell he even had a big stick during Hardhome so it's not like he hasn't been seen using a weapon before.

Still one of the greatest episodes of television ever. Wunwun went out like the badass he was. The last of the giants died singlehandedly breaking into Winterfell. May he RIP as the best known giant in all of ASoIaF lore.

Old
06-20-2016, 11:48 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

I guess the Ramsey thing makes sense... but still it's a let off. I don't agree with him being dumb. He hasn't made a dumb move to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamCracker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Well in his defence we he's like 4.
Yup, that's why he's baby stark. Hell he didn't even get any lines. It amazes me how much older he looks though.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I always wonder why Dany hasn't flown over to Westeros to even scout a little. Heck she could fly over anytime and negotiate with anyone for ships. TV can't be perfect.
A lot of things to make sense if you sit down and think about it.

Old
06-20-2016, 11:57 PM
agentblack

Wow. Im speechless. That battle was amazing.
I totally called Yara and Dany teaming up.
I still think she's going to play some game on their uncle and just like take his ships and feed his co*k to Drogon.
But yeah so the Starks are back in the North, the Crown and the Faith have taken over Kings Landing and
Dany and her mother trucking dragons are coming. And aint no prayer gonna protect you from fire so thats
a done deal.

And yet all this fighting amongst the humans with an unstoppable army of the dead just breathing down their necks.
Thats why I love this show. Its like they purposely have you just for a moment forget all about the real threat with all this 7 Kingdoms and whos in charge and all that. By the time Dany claims the iron throne and Jon and Sansa will be all cool in the gang with it...bam Winter is here.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2016, 12:39 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

I can't see Dany winning this...at this point she's the favourite. Has the largest army plus secret weapons. It would be soo unlike GOT to have her win.

Would also like to see when everyone joins forces to fight the undead. Hopefully, after Baleish/Frey/Cersi and jamie are all dead. The rest I don't mind staying alive.

Old
06-21-2016, 12:48 AM
agentblack

I have this feeling Dany goes cray cray or something like her dad. Mad Queen Dany ends up being the big bad after all.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2016, 12:50 AM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

Old
06-21-2016, 12:56 AM
Sea Eagles

Last episode was epic. When the canine mauled his face, my missus got so excited she flipped a leg in the air on the couch, and I almost cried !

Sea Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2016, 03:16 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:

Theatrics and he's a sadist.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2016, 09:40 PM
The Shermanator
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
May he RIP as the best known giant in all of ASoIaF lore.