HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I want my Garon back!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
how come every year we get a new goalie, people have to call him the "best new starting goalie in over a decade" or "eversince vachon". i think garon has to do a bit more then play good for the second part of the first half of the season to take that title, no matter how slim pickings our goalie history is.
Because our goalies have sucked since Vachon, especially in the last decade.

Old
01-09-2006, 12:32 PM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
It was a joy to watch Vachon. He so rarely had an off night. You just had to cringe watching the team that played in front of him

Old
01-09-2006, 12:44 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
how come every year we get a new goalie, people have to call him the "best new starting goalie in over a decade" or "eversince vachon". i think garon has to do a bit more then play good for the second part of the first half of the season to take that title, no matter how slim pickings our goalie history is.
LOL.. have you SEEN the goalies that Kings have iced since Vachon? It's been a revolving door of crap! The Kings have had some here or there that have gotten fans mildly aroused, but NEVER one (much less two) that leaves our jaws dropping on a regular basis. The fact that Garon and Vachon shared the same jersey # is an interesting coincidence. (Garon wears #31 because #30 is up in the rafters.)

Anyone who has paid attention to Garon when he plays knows without a doubt that he's a special talent. Yes.. he'll have his ups and downs, and there's a question of his stamina for holding up over the long haul based on his play in Manchester, but when's the last time Kings fans have felt they have a potential franchise goalie that could lead them to the Stanley Cup? Most that have been around long enough will tell you - not since Vachon.

- T

Old
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
LOL.. have you SEEN the goalies that Kings have iced since Vachon? It's been a revolving door of crap! The Kings have had some here or there that have gotten fans mildly aroused, but NEVER one (much less two) that leaves our jaws dropping on a regular basis. The fact that Garon and Vachon shared the same jersey # is an interesting coincidence. (Garon wears #31 because #30 is up in the rafters.)

Anyone who has paid attention to Garon when he plays knows without a doubt that he's a special talent. Yes.. he'll have his ups and downs, and there's a question of his stamina for holding up over the long haul based on his play in Manchester, but when's te last time Kings fans have felt they have a potential franchise goalie that could lead them to the Stanley Cup? Most that have been around long enough will tell you - not since Vachon.

- T
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old
01-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
tempting? that's a no-brainer
No brainer? Their stats are nearly identical (belanger has more points but more games as well) and Belanger wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and is younger. Belanger has really blossomed in the 'new nhl,' and the best part about him is he's excels where the Kings need him: as a 3rd line defensive center who can score.

Old
01-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
No brainer? Their stats are nearly identical (belanger has more points but more games as well) and Belanger wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and is younger. Belanger has really blossomed in the 'new nhl,' and the best part about him is he's excels where the Kings need him: as a 3rd line defensive center who can score.
That's probably what he meant by no-brainer, because for me Bélanger is more useful than Zednik will ever dream to be but you never know sometime a team could want to address a specific need, I know we have a few.....

That said, I understand than you won't give my Garon back, I totally am disappointed by your lack of cooperation and say that I will then keep my Cristobald and my Radek and there's nothing you'll do to change my idea...

But good luck anyway....

Closed Thread